• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you like a Pokémon R/B/Y remake/sequel?

C3CC

Smash Lord
There's no denying that Generation I is a fan-favorite, since it's the one that started it all. With this I'm not trying to bash other generations (I love them all).

Since FireRed/LeafGreen are over 11 years old already, and Kanto is the only region that can't be played on the 3DS, what would you say if we got yet another remake of Red/Blue/Yellow? This way we could get the opportunity to play Kanto in full 3D and with updated gameplay, including the Fairy type, the physical-special split, new abilites, moves and items, Mega Evolutions and whatnot. This could also be helpful to introduce today's kids to the generation where it all started, since even FireRed and LeafGreen are too old for them now.

I'd prefer a sequel, because it would give us the chance to revisit Kanto with the opportunity to meet new characters and places, along with some new side quests. I wouldn't mind a new remake, though (I didn't enjoy FireRed/LeafGreen very much, to be honest).

What are your thoughts? Would you like a remake or sequel? If so, what would you like to see in it?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate to tell you this, but R/G/Y Did have a sequel.

You got to go back and explore Kanto years later and see what everyone was up to

It's called Gold/ Silver

I do believe it needs a remake though

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hate to tell you this, but R/G/Y Did have a sequel.

You got to go back and explore Kanto years later and see what everyone was up to

It's called Gold/ Silver

I do believe it needs a remake though
Gold and Silver don't count as sequels because they're not focused on Kanto, they're more of a side quest or a bonus after defeating the Elite Four. Besides, there's nothing to do other than beating the Gym Leaders. I'm talking about a brand new story, featuring many new characters and places, new quests and many other new things to do in order to keep Kanto up with the recent generations. I'd absolutely love it!

finalark

SNORLAX
Na. I've had enough Kanto and Charizard for one lifetime. I'd rather see Pokemon move forward and do new things instead of pulling itself back into gen 1's shadow.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Gold/Silver - explore Kanto and Johto

FireRed/LeafGreen - Gen 3 remake that started remakes of the classic games

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Gen 4 remake of Gold/Silver that we can explore Kanto as well

R/B/Y remake on 3DS with same stuff and also can transfer Pokemon to Gen 7

...yeah I think we're fine for now

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I don't really want another Gen 1 remake right now. I really don't want the series to send out remakes too often. That said, a sequel would be nice.

:094:

I'm not completely sure. While FR/LG are quite dated already, the originals were recently re-released on 3DS VC. Also, I'd rather have D/P remakes first.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
We have had a lot of Kanto already, I must say. Every gen except for gen V took us back to Kanto in one way or another.

However, I actually do like the idea of Red 2/Blue 2/Green 2. My first pokémon game was FireRed, so even though I wasn't born yet when gen I came out, I still started my journey in Kanto, and I must say I had a great experience. I do think that Kanto is a great place to start, and FireRed is a bit dated now, but by no means boring or unplayable, just dated. I can see the merit in a sequel, but its still just a little too soon. We just got the RBY remakes, and I think we could take another generation break from Kanto. I love Charizard, but even I realize that he has gotten way too much love from nintendo.

I think that gen VII should steer away from Kanto honestly, but I would love to see a sequel in say gen VIII. Maybe I can start my kids off with Kanto just like I did!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Well, I would say remakes are obsolete due to the existence of FireRed and LeafGreen, but you do have a point in saying that the games are dated.

Personally, I think it would be cool if we did get remakes of the Kanto region... Just not until a few more years, likely.

My main issue with FireRed and LeafGreen was that the games didn't add the new evolutions/pre-evolutions to its regional dex like the other remakes did, like :169:, :208:, :236:, and :230:. If Kanto was remade, I would love to see a more expanded regional Pokédex than just our original 151.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'd prefer we wait a bit longer. Gen 1 was great but I feel like it's time for a gen 4 remake.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really feel like Gen 4 needs a remake. It was after the attack/ special split

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Only if they completely revamped and modernized the region. Kanto as is feels super dated, as a lot of its routes and dungeons either feel generic or rely on some kind of layout gimmick. Give the region a full remodeling with redesigned areas and aesthetic upgrades everywhere to give each location their own identity, and then we'll talk.

Top Bottom