• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you do any "amiibo tournaments" in Ultimate?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I was poking around the other day and realized there's still two amiibo websites that seem to be regularly updated, which made me wonder if this is still a thing. I doubt it, cause amiibo seem expensive, but hey there's something for everybody.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
I bought my first two Amiibos last week (Lucina & Falco), those are cheap (~20$ total). Anyway, that would be funny to watch so why not?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Once all the smash bros amiibos have been released, I will pair them all up in one huge tournament to see who is the strongest. It will be called the Tournament of Power and any amiibo that loses gets thrown in the trash.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Might as well. I do have all 62 Smash 3DS/Wii U amiibo in card form (undecided if I'll do the same for the Smash Ultimate amiibo) so why not?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sounds like something I would do. Can easily put them in a draft and line them up

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Probably. It doesn't look like custom moves are going to return, so most of what made Mac a good amiibo is gone now.
Of course, it didn't help that most tournaments were on Omega stages (whose idea was that, anyway?).

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Right, that's what I meant. When I did amiibo there were two rulesets, vanilla (no custom moves, no equipment, no bonus effects, nothing) and customs (custom moves, equipment, bonus effects, etc.). I had a brain fart moment.

That Bayo gif isn't representative of a lot of the rest of the cast: Bayonetta has her combos permanently programmed in, while (as far as I'm aware) no other amiibo can pull off a combo like that.

Last edited:

Competitively

Smash Rookie
Right, that's what I meant. When I did amiibo there were two rulesets, vanilla (no custom moves, no equipment, no bonus effects, nothing) and customs (custom moves, equipment, bonus effects, etc.). I had a brain fart moment.

That Bayo gif isn't representative of a lot of the rest of the cast: Bayonetta has her combos permanently programmed in, while (as far as I'm aware) no other amiibo can pull off a combo like that.
Most of them can't
Fox has some of his down throw followups but thats basically it.
Ryu has a bunch of combos but they aren't long like bayos

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
C Competitively do you do a lot of amiibo training? I've been out of Smash 4 training aside from some peripheral reading so I don't know quite everything there is yet.

Top Bottom