• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would we be better if we used our dominant thumb?

ThaQAtaQ

Smash Rookie
Movement has always been from the left analog (aka our left thumb). Majority of people are right handed and therefore are more dexterous with the right side of their body. That being said, most people are attempting to perform precise movement with their non-dominant thumb.

First Question: What if we used our right thumb for character movement? Do you think right handed individuals would have better control and be able to perform things more easily?

Second Question: What is it like from the perspective of left handed individuals who have been able to use their dominant thumb? (Watch we find out that all the gods are all left handed)

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Interesting. Moonwalking sure would be easier lol. Maybe some left handed players will weigh in on how they like the standard configuration.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Sinistral smasher here. Can't really say what it's like from my side because I don't know what being right-handed is like. At this point I can consistently pivot dtilt, but I can't say if this is a consequence of being left-handed or not.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
I guess being left-handed has its benefits in video gaming. I'm no pro, but I can do a pretty good dashdance with just my thumb.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I never even considered the fact that I'm left handed when it came to playing, lol. I do have to say, movement is a lot easier.

Top Bottom