• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Smash Run be feasible for this game?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Could they bring back Smash Run in a future Ultimate update?
Considering unique enemies were one of the resources areas they didn't have time for this time round for their single player mode, it's unsure if they'd then want to make new enemies afterwards anyway and just for this mode, unless they replace them with KO-able assist trophies or other fighters that were controlled by Galeem or spirits or something. There's also the matter of getting multiplayer to work on one console what with all the enemies and a large area on screen at once split into splitscreen sections, unless they either watered down those things or made it only available through multi-console multiplayer, which is not required of other things in this game. And they may also want players interacting with each other unlike last time?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Even if they just imported the Smash 3DS/Wii U assets/enemies, they would have to overhaul a lot given the stat boosts in this game are tied to Spirits rather than custom equipment (though I occasionally played Smash Run without custom equipment, and would be willing to play it again without that element this game).

The assist trophy idea is interesting, and I think one of the 'final round' challenges could even be made to be a time attack against one of the bosses in Ultimate.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The one problem that Smash 3DS had with Smash Run was that you couldn't alter the CPU difficulty, and you had no control over the final event. Those were things that you could do in Kirby Air Ride's City Trial game mode.

Also, Smash Run requires fighter customization to exist if you wanted to use the Smash Run powers.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What they really need to add is Smash Royale mode.

100 players drop into the Smash Run map! Blast Zone shrinks as time goes by! Last player alive wins!

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Even if they just imported the Smash 3DS/Wii U assets/enemies, they would have to overhaul a lot given the stat boosts in this game are tied to Spirits rather than custom equipment (though I occasionally played Smash Run without custom equipment, and would be willing to play it again without that element this game).

The assist trophy idea is interesting, and I think one of the 'final round' challenges could even be made to be a time attack against one of the bosses in Ultimate.
Yeah I heard someone have this idea of "Spirit Run" in Ultimate instead. Maybe combine that with some Galeem-possessed puppet fighters, though with ATs there was some overlap between them and the enemies in for 3DS, so that wouldn't be too weird either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it was feasible on a far less powerful system, then sure.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If it was feasible on a far less powerful system, then sure.
Sure, but still I wonder if it'd have to be a handheld-only mode that you could only play with other systems and copies like with for 3DS, seeing as a version also playable in TV mode may require split screen as well as a ton of enemies on screen and one large map all the players are running around and interacting with each other on all at once.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Made a Twitter thread discussing Smash Run hypothetically existing in Ultimate through using its KO'able assist trophies as enemies, there already being slight overlap in Smash 4. Really hope it gets in there as an update like Stage Builder did!

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I don't really understand the appeal. It's just one map. Wouldn't it get old extremely quickly?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don't really understand the appeal. It's just one map. Wouldn't it get old extremely quickly?
A big map with a lot of different things to do. Plus they could put in some different/alternate ones maybe?

Top Bottom