• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Mewtwo be a good secondary to Ness?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So I’m currently trying out a ton of characters to be a secondary to Ness as my main because I don’t want to be a one trick pony. Mewtwo is a character that interests me and it seems like he feels a lot like Ness, they have very similar movement and they seem to have somewhat similar play styles and I think a lot of my Ness skills might transfer over. Do you guys think a Ness main would be able to pick up Mewtwo somewhat easily? Thanks!

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I think a good Ness main should be able to pick up Mewtwo relatively easily
There are certain things that Ness lacks that I believe Mewtwo has and vice versa.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I think a good Ness main should be able to pick up Mewtwo relatively easily
There are certain things that Ness lacks that I believe Mewtwo has and vice versa.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. They’re similar but they have different enough skill sets that it’s worth learning both. The movement already comes super easy to me for Mewtwo because it’s just like Ness and I feel like that’s more than half of learning the character. Now I just have to learn Mewtwos neutral and kill set ups

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Definitely. Mewtwo and ness handle similarly which will help adjusting between then, but play completely differently to the point they are both worth learning.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Definitely. Mewtwo and ness handle similarly which will help adjusting between then, but play completely differently to the point they are both worth learning.
I’m pretty much completely on board with learning Mewtwo now. He seems like my kind of character

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Thats awesome to hear! Let me know if you ever have any questions! Been maining him since melee.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I have a similar question. What secondaries would be good with Mewtwo? And second question wich one would be the best secondary in the characters I'm most interested in right now: Olimar, Cloud (or a swordman), Pokemon Trainer, Palutena).
Palutena and any fast falling swordsman are both incredible secondaries for Mewtwo as they both do not suffer from Mewtwos main weaknesses (being his susceptibility to being comboed, trouble landing, lightness) and are both aggresive characters that aren’t too far from Mewtwo. Hope you find this useful!

Top Bottom