• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worthless D-air

ZIngaZ

Smash Cadet
As far as I can tell it does absolutely nothing besides making her foot shine. I'm correct in thinking its absolutely useless?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
it is a meteor smash with absurdly small range and power. it can barely hit anyone and when it does hit, it barely sends them down at all. so yeah, it is pretty dam useless as far as i can tell

TheLake

Smash Master
Nothing in life is worthless

as things have purpose in the great circle of life

Present each character in melee as an individual circle

Live and define.

Invent and transform.

Dair is awsome at higher percents you can shield poke dair to down smash or upsmash

deceptivly good against floaties

also it absolutely destroys characters with horizontal based recoveries (use it on bowser and dk and you will see what I mean)

Admist the cloud of hoplesssness

find love in this hopless place

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Nothing in life is worthless

as things have purpose in the great circle of life

Present each character in melee as an individual circle

Live and define.

Invent and transform.

Dair is awsome at higher percents you can shield poke dair to down smash or upsmash

deceptivly good against floaties

also it absolutely destroys characters with horizontal based recoveries (use it on bowser and dk and you will see what I mean)

Admist the cloud of hoplesssness

find love in this hopless place

Oh Lake, teach me your ways in the power of Zelda! :O
-----------------

In all seriousness, I got quite a few friendlies in, and my Zelda got more deadly, dair included. I have spacies scared of my heels and asking "Why is Zelda so good?" :p
I take back what I said about dair, it's not worthless. I'm just gonna list it as my least used aerial.

Griffard

Smash Ace
I can't believe one would think d-air is useless..

I love getting d-air to instant KIYICK on the slightly stunned and suddenly grounded opponent. (esp. fast fallers???)

Offstage swag for sure. AS IF Zelda needed more right ladies**?

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
You can get like 3 D-dairs on a space animal and still make it back in... that's like 2 more than what falcon can do with his down air.

Plus it can hit Samus out of her Up+B kind of easily.

ordinary

Smash Rookie
I have no AR or too much knowledge but I think if I fast fall and l-cancel quick enough I can get dair -> grab if the character is at a percent where they do the grounded stun animation

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This is a real combo I'm pretty sure. The opponent can get knocked into spike stun. I think Magus had a super in depth post about it a long time ago.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
It's probably somewhere in there, I don't remember for sure.

ordinary

Smash Rookie
only skimmed the post since you weren't sure (also ctrl-f'd "dair", "d-air" and "down air") and that post definitely doesn't talk about it.
When you remember let me know

Top Bottom