• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst matchup?

Which is his worst matchup?

• Rosa

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Sonic

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Diddy

• Sheik

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sonic by far.
Sheik is a pain, but not as bad as Sonic.
Diddy is bad just on the virtue of him being Diddy.
I'm convinced that Rosy is the easiest "bad" matchup we have.

Noa.

Smash Master
I think our worst matchups are

Sonic by a decent chunk

Rosa

Sheik

And then our other bad matchups are so slight that it's not that problematic.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sanic is our worst MU imo, he's 2 fast for us.

Sheik's probably our 2nd worst.

I believe Rosalina is overrated in the Ness match up. Sure, she can destroy our pk thunder recovery easily, but what if we don't waste or double jump?
We also limit her a lot by throwing pk fires at Luma.

Diddy is very near even imo, maybe something like 47-53 advantage for Diddy but that's not a real disadvantage.

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
1. Sonic
2. Sheik
3. Rosalina

Nothing else that I would call definitively bad. Diddy probably but I don't think it's terribly in his favor. Ness has plenty against him.

Last edited:

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Rosalina's only a pain off stage, in my opinion. On stage she's not that bad.

Worst matchup is probably Sonic.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Sonic and it's not even close. It's SO HARD to grab a good sonic.

Sheik can be rough but the set between Zex and DSS on youtube gives a good template for that MU

I haven't played a Dabuz-esque Rosa yet so someone else can chime in

The Real Ness

Smash Rookie
Sonic...the worst.
Rosalina...really annoying.
Sheik...eh. At least she's not as worst as Sonic and/or Rosalina, but still...

This is my opinion, though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ness likes being in close quarters, he just needs to be there on his own terms, and not have the pace dictated by the opponent. In fact, Ness' close range game I'd say outdoes Sonic's.

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
You can't do your grab combo's since luma will hit you after the grab. Sheik is not a hard matchup as long as you try to have stage control and don't play too defensive. I'm not really sure about Diddy. Sonic however is definitely Ness his hardest matchup but you still can win if you have a really good timing and play careful.

Farkus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Farkus004
3DS FC
4485-1001-4455
Rosalina is far harder for me than sonic. How do you guys counter Rosalina?

SoùlValkyrie

Smash Rookie
Imo it's nearly impossible to land anything against a Sonic who knows what he's doing, especially grabs; and we all love our Dthrows and Bthrows

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
Imo it's nearly impossible to land anything against a Sonic who knows what he's doing, especially grabs; and we all love our Dthrows and Bthrows
@ Farkus Farkus you're pretty much forced to read his mixups constantly and are reduced to using raw aerials or a lucky pkf because of it

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I don't see what you guys see with saying Sonic is harder than Rosaluma. I feel like I can't really do anything against Rosaluma on or off stage. Sonic on the other hand, is it really just his speed and the inability to grab him?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sonic just has much better on stage control than Rosalina due to his speed. Ness really struggles with characters that outspeed him, and Rosalina isn't pressing that advantage on him particularly hard. When it comes to being off stage, Sonic is almost as deadly as Rosalina. Also, Rosalina is far lighter and a million times easier to grab than Sonic.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sonic just has much better on stage control than Rosalina due to his speed. Ness really struggles with characters that outspeed him, and Rosalina isn't pressing that advantage on him particularly hard. When it comes to being off stage, Sonic is almost as deadly as Rosalina. Also, Rosalina is far lighter and a million times easier to grab than Sonic.
I guess. I've played a few good Sonic's and about two Rosaluma's and I've got to say I prefer fighting Sonic. I'll take your word for it, though. I remember back in Brawl, I would have rather fought Marth (Mr. 0-2-Death) than Sonic. And now I'd rather fight Sonic (Supposedly bad MU) than Rosaluma. See a pattern going? xD Apparently I'd rather fight bad match ups than deal with stupid ones. xD

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Luma can hit you when you grab making it impossible to throw. I find her much more difficult than Sonic. She also gimps Ness pretty hard.

Shisui-kun

Lurker for ever
NNID
Nyphador
Sonic for me, I can usually deal with Luma easily as Ness so I can do atleast a little bit of damage during luma absense. Sonic however is just too blitzy

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
just personally. although i rarely play against rosalinas.

but ness basically has no recovery against her, and can barley grab her without getting hit by luma D:

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
Actually of all the characters with absorbs Rosa has it the hardest. When the thunder swirls around her, it becomes 'her' projectile, which means that if the Ness is a cleverboots and spaces their recovery well they can get tailwhipped and recover again before the Rosa can do anything. Villager, or say, another Ness, don't have this problem.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Luma can hit you when you grab making it impossible to throw. I find her much more difficult than Sonic. She also gimps Ness pretty hard.
Throw her instantly, no pummels, you'll be fine.

Ness players gotta stop acting like gravity pull is the be all end all for Ness. Heaven knows the Rosalina players already think this (foolishly). I haven't been gravity pull gimped to this day, you've just got to not be a doofus with your recovery.

_clinton

Smash Master
How about Shulk? Speed gives him sonic levels of in your face, jump is evil as well. Shield lets him abuse rage and lol at your kill moves, smash gives him kill throws like you + just in general is deadly and buster is well not as bad as the others but still, its there.

The guy has a very insane range + as well

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Shulk isn't that bad.
Most of his Arts have disadvantages. Like Smash makes him kill 30% earlier but he also dies 30% earlier as well. Shield is defensive, it's just for stalling. He becomes combo fodder and once you get him to 150 you can kill with a well placed Bthrow.

Also, he's pretty slow so he can't totally abuse his range.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Shulk is too slow. Even if his sword has crazy range, we can punish it easily.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Heaven knows the Rosalina players already think this (foolishly).
To add on to this,
Ness
:rosalina: [68:32] :4ness:
[collapse=3/4/2015 - 3/6/2015]9Tales: 70:30
mario123007: 65:35
ParanoidDrone: 70:30
Parcheesy: 70:30
WhiteMageBD: 65:35

Average: 68:32
[/collapse]
This is their legit MU thread. 70:30. Hard counter. That would be equivalent to a -3 in Brawl.
I thought people would stop with this stuff after Ness got bumped to high tier, but apparently his obscurity still clouds people's judgment.

edit:

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This makes me laugh. I don't care enough to go over there and prove them wrong though. Odds are they won't listen anyways.

I'll just enjoy KOing them at 80% with bthrow and uair.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
I sense a For Glory player...)
first of all thats offensive
But actually tho palutena is much too laggy and her default specials suck bad
palutena is actually a really underrated character even without customs

since she can teleport she'll probably snap to the ledge safely enough to not get caught with some of ness's gimps (upb-fair-neutb)
her dash speed will allow her to avoid stuff like dash/pivot grabs
she can really annoy ness's recovery with neutb/sideb/fsmash (ness recovery is cheeky with wind boxes)
her grab range is awesome giving her some the advantage in that game
since she has both the best counter and a good reflector palutena can stop allot of ness's options

also don't double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom