• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Final Smash?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Peach/Daisy have easily the best smash in 1v1 Smash and it's not even a contest. The hell it's one of the "worst".

You center the screen on your character for three seconds, obscuring everything else while you remain invulnerable. If you use it while your opponent is offscreen, you make it MUCH harder for them to come back to the stage; this was used multiple times in the prerelease tournaments with Smash Meter turned on to get cheap kills on opponents who couldn't see the stage to get back to it.

In addition, you get free healing and a much more guaranteed kill than most FSes can provide by charging up a smash by your sleeping opponent.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Dr. Mario’s is lame, there was potential there to actually reference his games in a fun meaningful way but nope he gets BIG PILLS

From a gameplay standpoint yeah I think Jiggs has the worst one.

D

Deleted member

You may think Corrin's Final Smash is boring but about Chrom and Marcina's ?
Also Robin, Ike, Cloud and Mii Brawler's Final Smashes are way too similar, now that's boring to watch.
I just want to say that I love Chrom's final smash, since it's the exact same animation as when he uses Aether in his game (too bad the first strike doesn't heal him though), and he'll use the same catchphrases like "Now I'm angry" and whatnot. If you've never played FE Awakening then I'm sure you don't care, but for someone who has it's quite the delight (as is the fact that Chrom is finally playable).

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Peach and Daisy's FS is a pain. I try to pull out a quick bomb when I know one of them has a FS and hope it blows up before they get to me. Honestly I feel like they could had done more with Link's FS. YoungLink could had done something with the fierce deity mask or the moon. And ToonLink could had done something with the Red Lion or heck even plunge his sword into his opponent's skull akin to how he defeated Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

Yeah Peach and Daisy's FS is a pain. I try to pull out a quick bomb when I know one of them has a FS and hope it blows up before they get to me. Honestly I feel like they could had done more with Link's FS. YoungLink could had done something with the fierce deity mask or the moon. And ToonLink could had done something with the Red Lion or heck even plunge his sword into his opponent's skull akin to how he defeated Ganondorf.
Oh man, this just reminds me how Toon Link does that very move's animation after breaking a boss's defenses in Hyrule Warriors and it gives me chills every time. So freaking cool. Hyrule Warriors did what Smash don't when it comes to the Zelda characters (like Fierce Deity Link too).

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Wedging a sword into someone's cranium would probably boost the rating. Then again they have Snake and Bayonetta, so maybe they just got a little lazy.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I think it'd be better if Final Smashes across the board were implemented as attacks, kind of like Final SMASH sort of implies they would. I'm not saying take away their flair and pizazz or anything, but I'd like it a lot better if the FS just came out, and was done. Like how say, Marth's Final Smash works. It's quick and it's simple. There are far too many FS's that involve some sort of, cutscene or gimmick that just completely halts the momentum of the match and I think that's one of (but by no means the only thing) the things that hurts them even from a casual view point.

If they could get the balance on them down, have them work entirely off of a meter but change the dynamic of how the meter works to reward you with meter growth mostly or ONLY for doing well yourself and not simply for just getting hit / losing.. all topped off with the FS's being designed to come out quickly and cleanly? I could see them going as far as even tournament play.. but that's a pipe dream. I'd be cool if they'd JUST be viable in for fun games when I'm drunk with some friends, but even then the disparity between their balancing and how some of them out-and-out stop the game just never makes it worth it.

I'll have a TIME with items though when I'm drunk, items are a baller time outside of competitive settings and I wish FS's were worked into the game similarly. FS's just feel busted from every direction you look at them. Though I do feel one of my BIGGEST personal gripes is how a good number of them just kill the momentum of the game, I can't get down with it no matter how unserious the match.

Certain characters also got a FS that just makes me depressed, if anything a FS is a chance to give a character something super representative of them and their series and some of them REALLY **** the bed on that front. Like Dr. Mario and his.. giant pills.. oh boy. Or Wii Fit shooting.. smaller Wii Fits into a big Wii Fit. Or perhaps Lucas / Ness casting down.. some slow PK balls.. of ALL they could do in their games they get the most visually boring thing. I hate that.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Plus Marth and Lucinia's FS has some risk to it as well. The player can KO themselves if they aren't careful. I think that balances out a powerful attack that can come with a drawback.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I think my favorite Final Smash is Roy, personally. It's so fitting as I've probably played FE6 2500 times and I've seen that critical hit animation even more times. I got hit directly in the gut with nostalgia when I saw it.

I wish more characters had one that tied into their series better like that. I also wish a final smash in concept was just, a final SMASH attack, something that you finish a stock with in a semi-glorious fashion after building up to it and earning it.. but nothing too busted. I feel that could work great in all settings. Like KO Punch, you can die to it at 0% in some instances, but landing it can be tricky because everyone and their mother takes a backseat to approaches and just tries to beat it out of you or whiff bait it. If a Final Smash worked similar, a strong move that was pretty hard to land in most circumstances and had to be earned.. I could see it.

Not identical to KO Punch, mind you, as I still have issues with how that moves works (WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE STAR PUNCHES?!) and such.. but close. Like a weaker KO punch that has more of a focus on you earning its use directly via damaging your opponent or taking stocks, and something that's not just totally free to land.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel like they could had done more with Link's FS. YoungLink could had done something with the fierce deity mask or the moon.
Summoning the Moon is not Link's move, it is Skull Kid's. But Fierce Deity Mask would be a perfect Final Smash for Young Link. Too bad they want with an original Smash move instead.

D

Deleted member

Summoning the Moon is not Link's move, it is Skull Kid's. But Fierce Deity Mask would be a perfect Final Smash for Young Link. Too bad they want with an original Smash move instead.
They didn't even have to change how it works at all. Just make Young Link transform into Fierce Deity Link and THEN start slashing at an opponent. So easy.....

Top Bottom