• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst and Best Matchups

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
Mario is the worst. His cap e shuts shadow ball down and gets rid of it out side of as a ledge trap.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
Mario can be annoying, but as long as you don't spam shadowball in an obvious way and save it for confirmed punishes, he is not so bad.

Little Mac is quick and hits hard and is quite a challenge. Game and Watch is so unpredictable, and his oil panic is to be feared. Pikachu is so small! These are my more difficult matchups.

I hate fighting Bayo, but not because she is hard, just because she is no fun as an opponent due to her stupid huge cloying hitboxes.

I find matches against Kirby and Jiggly easiest, since they are so easily outranged. Also the big guys, since they are so punishable.

Mewtwo is weird in that he has some epic tools at his disposal but they have to be used really tactically to be effective. All the cast can be hard or easy to fight, depending on play style and spacing skills.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Mario can be annoying, but as long as you don't spam shadowball in an obvious way and save it for confirmed punishes, he is not so bad.

Little Mac is quick and hits hard and is quite a challenge. Game and Watch is so unpredictable, and his oil panic is to be feared. Pikachu is so small! These are my more difficult matchups.

I hate fighting Bayo, but not because she is hard, just because she is no fun as an opponent due to her stupid huge cloying hitboxes.

I find matches against Kirby and Jiggly easiest, since they are so easily outranged. Also the big guys, since they are so punishable.

Mewtwo is weird in that he has some epic tools at his disposal but they have to be used really tactically to be effective. All the cast can be hard or easy to fight, depending on play style and spacing skills.
"Pikachu is so small!" Proceeds to say that Kirby and Jigglypuff are the easiest.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm curious.

Last edited:

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Mac is actually a good matchup for Mewtwo and Mario is dead even I would argue. I would say Cloud and Bayo are his worst MU's. His best MU's are probably Jiggs, Kirby, and Ganon.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
Mario is the worst. His cap e shuts shadow ball down and gets rid of it out side of as a ledge trap.
mewtwo has a reflector of his own and if shadow ball gets reflected twice it ignores reflectors, insta-kills and breaks shield instantly

which is especially relevant in the midrange area where shadow ball is unreactable and it gets reflected a second time before mario can put up his shield

unless you're a god and know exactly when and where it can get double-reflected and powershielded, reflecting shadow ball is incredibly risky and often not worth it

Top Bottom