• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I really like Below the Heavens, but apart from that project Blu doesn't really catch my attention.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I got The CORE mixtape and Her Favorite Colo(u)r which is just lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The Come Up

I got something called American Dreamin:a History Lesson on J Cole
A ***** From the Ville

and some random tracks

I know there's a Warm Up to the Warm Up tape.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Nas and Papoose - Black Girl Lost 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhmbsgZYQY&feature=related

hmmmm i'll look em up. i still need to listen to the warm up again. i listened to i once and liked it. haven't touched it since.

anyway, anybody know any albums coming out or that came out this year? i've been stuck downloading old albums because i don't know anything that came out this year.

yeah, i know great escape and distant relatives. something different, please. : )

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Not really hyped about anything (TGE is not seeing the light of day anytime soon) apart from Free Agent

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
what happened to it? i heard it got shelved but thought it was just a rumor.

i for about free agent. I kinda want to download it first. sometimes, people use their best verses on mixtapes...

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I would use last.fm, but I listen to a lot of my music on computers that aren't my own, and the stupid thing doesn't support foobar2000, which is the only Windows-supported media player worth using for when I'm not on Ubuntu.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I dunno if anybody didn't know this already, but I just JUST read that Nujabes died in a car accident. Not too sure if that many people are familiar with his work, sadly.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
He actually died last month. Wish i'd have known sooner. but really really sad, nonetheless.

I'm gonna go ahead and dedicate today to bumping all his music.

RIP Nujabes.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
@ Purple Mantis: I really don't know why i like that song. not really a fan of Redman but.....i like the song. It's weird, but in a good way.

@ Jane:......really don't like dude's flow......or voice......

Finally heard a track from Distant Relatives. First, I didn't really think they meshed together well, but i got used to it and now i like i t : ).

Suspect

Smash Hero
that vid is terrbile. i watched it before. i hate conspiracy theorists *smh*.

who the hell is diggy simmons? *wikipedia-ing right now*
If you think the music industry or any industry period isn't capable of doing that then...LOL

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
of course it's capable...but really.....dmx? don't feed into it. as much as i love dmx, dude hasn't been relevant in the rap scene since like 2003 (to me). that's just some crackhead-*** conspiracy drummed up by some guy. OMG all these deaths have 25 in them! that obviously means they're connected some how.

what about all the other muh ****as that died in the hip-hop industry? where's the 25 for biggie or jam master jay? arghhhh **** gets me irritated. but i digress. let's stick to real issues.....

edit: anyone in here ever try mixing music themselves?

Linguini

Smash Master
Top Bottom