• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

jugfingers

Smash Champion
This attitude pisses me off.
Like this superiority "oh you guys just dont get IT" **** is bull**** when were talking about an artist that PURPOSELY writes the most random **** he possibly can. I wouldn't be surprised if his entire career was an elaborate joke to see which pseudo-intellectuals try to give absurb meanings to his ramblings.
Real talk. Aesop is trash most of time. He's capable of being good but that bull**** i just wrote makes as much sense as 95% of aesop rocks music.

Trust me.. I get Aesop. I used to be a fan then I realized that he makes no sense. Been following him since before he was on Def Jux, when he was working with Dub-L.
Trust me. If you just got into aesop.. I'll give you 6 months and I can almost guarentee you'll come to your senses about how wack he is.
from Facemelter

But **** it it's ace rock six records of gibberish right?,
he's trying too hard to be weird and different right? (riiiiight),
or could it possibly just maybe be, his lessons,
can't be summed up in a linear set of pop culture references?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWlYwZlFFaY

your post is really ironic. by the way.

"your"you guys don't get it" attitude is stupid

cause you guys are actually the guys that don't get it".

lol please please, mercy im about to kill myself laughing

is their a lower form of argument?

no, I believe thats the lowest.

Aes rocks rhymes are objectively ill as ****, make sense? its music dawg not an essay with a thesis and three body paragraphs, its art, its a dream in your ear, your brain sucks it up and then you fly off into infinite breathing light through your skin downwind from a patch of huckleberries.....its an attempt to transcend language.
don't mistake the moon for the finger pointing at it.

True words Jobus. I wouldn't mind Aesop if he didn't attractive these faux-intellectual hip hop shtheads by the horde.
I'm smarter than you.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
well you know me;)
yea you that ***** be givin out for fines for *****s having fun

we be having a real important discussion here and you be comin in wit some real cold ****,

like I just stepped on your toes or something I know your toes aint blue *****

nothin sadder than a ***** who aint got **** to say on a discussion board.

don't get it twisted wit all those asterisks I got a big *** grin on my face right now lol.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
its music dawg not an essay with a thesis and three body paragraphs, its art, its a dream in your ear, your brain sucks it up and then you fly off into infinite breathing light through your skin downwind from a patch of huckleberries.....its an attempt to transcend language.
don't mistake the moon for the finger pointing at it.
lol nah. music still has to make sense. and i agree with luigitoilet again. so far, aside from one dude, all the guys i've met that listen to aesop all have some unjustified feeling of achievement because they "get" what aesop's tryna say. it can be just as bad as people who think crunk music is almighty

also, if you're gonna quote bruce lee, make sure it's correct -__- :rocket:

.Marik

is a social misfit
haha let's have a try

Jollyrancher powerange john deer pretense
Pez dispenser indian diversions speed left
dragonfly origami jackal maniacs have it good
picasso portraits of tupac laugh at suge
despite dental floss, probiotic yogourt surges with rhymes
hallucigenic protein powder burns the pigeons.
You're focusing on realistic concepts. Aesop Rock is abstract.

He's wack, but that's what makes him great. You'll never predict what he's going to say next.

This attitude pisses me off.
Like this superiority "oh you guys just dont get IT" **** is bull**** when were talking about an artist that PURPOSELY writes the most random **** he possibly can. I wouldn't be surprised if his entire career was an elaborate joke to see which pseudo-intellectuals try to give absurb meanings to his ramblings.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm not being egostistical, I just think he intentionally writes extremely random to break barriers and create a new form of art.

Maybe his entire career does revolve around that, but at least it's interesting, and it probably does contain LOTS of subliminal messages.

Real talk. Aesop is trash most of time. He's capable of being good but that bull**** i just wrote makes as much sense as 95% of aesop rocks music.
Opinions aren't fact. This applies for myself too.

Trust me.. I get Aesop. I used to be a fan then I realized that he makes no sense. Been following him since before he was on Def Jux, when he was working with Dub-L.
Maybe you just got tired of him? Aesop Rock's music is bizarre, but that's what cheers me up. He's so interesting and unique, and the things he says makes people pause the song numerous times to grasp what he's trying to tell them in his eccentric manner.

We're probably not supposed to understand Aesop Rock in one form, in one way. I don't think we're even supposed to interpret it the same way. He's an abstract artist, one of the few that doesn't focus on street credibility or materialistic possessions.

Trust me. If you just got into aesop.. I'll give you 6 months and I can almost guarentee you'll come to your senses about how wack he is.
I like how wack Aesop Rock is. I'll probably like him for a long time.

True words Jobus. I wouldn't mind Aesop if he didn't attractive these faux-intellectual hip hop shtheads by the horde.
Grammar context fail.

I think you're the shithead, if anything.

Art cannot be grasped by everyone in the same manner. That's not how it works, and mainstream tends to destroy that by appealing to idiotic teenager crowds that think rapping about guns and gangsta grillz is interesting.

You guys listen to Felt?

Slug and Murs can spit. Once again, Jugfingers knows his music. Woman Tonight is one of my favourite tracks I've listened to yet.

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't see why we're not allowed to cuss on this site anyway...

Look at Shoryuken.... >_>

.Marik

is a social misfit
Fair enough.

My bad for calling you out like that. I was under the impression you were referring to both myself and Jugfingers because we were supporting Aesop Rock.

My apologies. Although I don't think anyone here is an idiot.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lol nah. music still has to make sense. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDXtVsY7lfM

ok explain this song to me please?

and i agree with luigitoilet again. so far, aside from one dude, all the guys i've met that listen to aesop all have some unjustified feeling of achievement because they "get" what aesop's tryna say. it can be just as bad as people who think crunk music is almighty

also, if you're gonna quote bruce lee, make sure it's correct -__- :rocket:
I think you and everyone else here thinking that I /people who like aesop rock have some superiority complex are mistaking this with I/people who like aesop rock thinking that his rhymes are ill. It has nothing to do with believeing that I understand some sort of occult knowledge hidden in Aesop Rocks songs, I just like the way he rhymes over a beat

because Aesop Rock rhymes over a beat well.

and when JamminJobus said 95% of ace rocks stuff is garbage I felt compelled to defend him. the fact that people are upset(luigitoilet) by the fact that someone would defend the value of a musician is pretty sad.

also if your gonna call someone out for quoting someone incorrectly make sure you know what your talking about lol.

"don't mistake the finger that points at the moon for the moon" is a zen buddhist saying referring to someone thinking that words can accurately describe the way rather then using the words as a guide towards the way. bruce lee may have said it at one point because he believes in its truth, but he didn't come up with it lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I've really been listening to Pac a lot the past few days.

I hadn't listened to him for a while, I forgot how much I liked him. I know Changes is like super popular, but it really is an amazing song. I really like Brenda's Got a Baby also.

Not new, but who cares.

There's also a new Pac album with a bunch of old a cappella tracks on it called Shakurspeare that's supposed to be coming out in June. Dunno if this has been posted, but it doesn't hurt to post it twice in any case.

So yeah.

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
freeway - one thing http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=Siw2KYDagGI&feature=related

the first time i heard it was like "yeah, this is alright..."

but it grew on me i love love LOVEE the beat!
I remember everyone turned their backs on freeway after cassidy exposed him in that freestyle battle. dude is actually pretty decent. I notice on this track and the more recent ones he revamped that whiny flow he used to have...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Who is Lupe Fiasco?

Never heard of him.
dsvnesriugbvutoeighnovu4tb8vtrrugorth8hunrithovuyersbvyernvuirohnvilrtbiurtb

@Cuddles: Lupe is my favorite rapper in the world. I assume you've heard his singles from Lasers right? It needs to come out soon gaaaaaah. I'm hyped for it.

Do y'all like Enemy of the State (his newest mixtape). Although it's really short, I like it. Some sick tracks on there.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I liked Relapse a lot when it first came out (dam, this convo is giving me deja vu), but honestly there are only a handful of really dope tracks on there. It's much better than Encore, but worse than every other Em album.

I can never decide if Slim Shady LP or Marshall Mathers is the best.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
lol what the hell? dude, read the pages before commenting. and relapse = not good.
Yeah relapse is ****. Em's worst album by a mile. I think he's getting influenced by fiddy unofrtunately. It's reflected in the thuggish mentality of all his new songs. Still a beastly career overall though.

@Vrael: N9NE was kidding, lol. ;)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yeah relapse is ****. Em's worst album by a mile. I think he's getting influenced by fiddy unofrtunately. It's reflected in the thuggish mentality of all his new songs. Still a beastly career overall though.
Em's worst album? i lol'd...

thuggish mentality in the songs? i lol'd some great tears... most i heard on that album was serial killer, r@pe, incest crap. Em aint tryin to be no thug

Top Bottom