• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
krits someone ive been wanting to listen to much more. i havent heard much of his **** but the little i have heard has been soulful in a way i dont think most rappers today capture. he also stole 1 train which was where i was really like "oh **** who is this dude?"

soap

Smash Hero
If you don't like Drake.. you don't like Drake

why are you expecting to like any of his releases?

I'm going to Rock The Bells New York! which is actually in New Jersey lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
to me "washed up" implies that someone has lost the fame that they once had. drake is more popular than ever. he's lame and probably my least favorite popular musician, but he's not washed up yet.

i've been out of the loop past couple months. nothing this year has come close to Summer Knights

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
yes he is, you just convinced yourself otherwise because people told you he wasn't.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Method Man is the most fun artist to rap along to.. his delivery and flow are GOAT status. I'm thinking of slipping a Wu-tang W in my sleeve somewhere.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i'm not sure what has specifically offended you so much about him to say such things like any music isn't art, but mixtapes like Basedgod Veli, I'm Gay, Glassface and Angel's Exodus are so genuine and emotionally on-the-sleeve that i'm convinced that his swag rap internet meme side is the gimmick or the lie.

but i like both ends of the lil b experience, i just wish the effortless swag tracks didn't outnumber the serious ones as much as they do

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
i'm not sure what has specifically offended you so much about him to say such things like any music isn't art, but mixtapes like Basedgod Veli, I'm Gay, Glassface and Angel's Exodus are so genuine and emotionally on-the-sleeve that i'm convinced that his swag rap internet meme side is the gimmick or the lie.

but i like both ends of the lil b experience, i just wish the effortless swag tracks didn't outnumber the serious ones as much as they do
I mostly agree with this, when Lil B makes an actual decent mixtape it can be pretty darn good. But when he doesn't give a **** and makes the meme rap music video **** (which, given, is mostly for publicity / twitter) it kind of invalidates the legitimacy of his other works imo

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
i bet you're white

Is this suppose to be an insult?

Nobody checking for Lupe overly dramatic ass. That ***** locked his Twitter account and started tweeting in letter format n ****.

....But you should tell me how that track is before I listen to it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well, i've never liked donald glover, even in his comedy and the tv shows he's in he's always just annoyed me. so when he started rapping it wasn't a surprise that his rapping was really annoying. i hate his voice, i hate the constant harping he does on mixing white people culture with black people culture (as if no rapper has done that before). his beats are ok, i'll give him that i guess, but i just dislike his whole style and attitude. like boofy said i'd rather listen to someone like kitty pryde if i feel like listening to that overly self-aware backpacker rap kinda thing

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i dislike childish gambino cuz hes soft as ****. i wanna hear something raw every once i awhile and his musics deprived of that. i just cant take him seriously as an emcee

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qYRQUsO-kD4

remix to shot you down by isaiah rashad with jay rock and schoolboy q. jay rock im realizing is underappreciated cuz he goes in on everything i hear him on so i gotta look into that

anyone here record? my roommate produces some **** and we hit a studio out in town but id like to get my own equipment. hes given some suggestions (we also got **** in the crib when we do t feel like going there) but im all about getting as much feedback as possible especially on decent mics and mixers

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i dislike childish gambino cuz hes soft as ****. i wanna hear something raw every once i awhile and his musics deprived of that. i just cant take him seriously as an emcee

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qYRQUsO-kD4

remix to shot you down by isaiah rashad with jay rock and schoolboy q. jay rock im realizing is underappreciated cuz he goes in on everything i hear him on so i gotta look into that

anyone here record? my roommate produces some **** and we hit a studio out in town but id like to get my own equipment. hes given some suggestions (we also got **** in the crib when we do t feel like going there) but im all about getting as much feedback as possible especially on decent mics and mixers
jay rock is really dope. i saw black hippy earlier this year and besides Kendrick, Jay Rock was the best performer that night. his album's so sick too.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
just a reminder that spaceghostpurrp hasn't released anything in months and he still runs the rap game

HA **** boy you talkin bout a washed up *****. That would be SGP. And I was a SGP FANATIC in 2011 smh. He needs to just stick to producing. All the songs he produced on Tha City crankeeddddd.

I kinda miss this thread but I'm sorry yall I've completely fell out of traditional lyrical hip hop. I still listen to a lottttt of rap just..... hip hop heads started getting on my nerves tbh.

(but I still listen to Lil B everyday)

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
If anyone here listens to hip-hop that isn't swagfag meme rap etc etc

Listen to: Ka - The Nights Gambit

Definitely one of my favorite releases of this year

Top Bottom