• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
cool...but i think blood elves are kinda boring. However, i bet blizzard will make them cool (but i would've preferred one of those crypt spiders)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I wish I could have enjoyed WoW, but alas, it was nothing fun for me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Umm, Brutal is spelled wrong in the description.

The Illidan lore is wrong.

Warlocks start with a dagger, that thing isnt holding anything.

The background shown is the durotar starting area background.

The pandarean is the same icon from Warcraft III

Edit: I should have clicked those links first. I was talking about pics you didn't post. Here.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2328/5811ci4gb.jpg

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Updateds with a ton of pretty new screenshots of the Blood Elf home and two new instances: Karazhan, and the Black Morass via The Caverns of Time (where players can travel in time to different points in Warcraft history).

EDIT: Flying mounts at level 70. (Usable only in Outland)
Flying. Mounts. Flying.
Alliance race won't be confirmed at Blizzcon apparently--but it seems it might just be Pandaren after all.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Never mind.

I got *****.

I just really hope they dont raise the level cap. That would just completley destroy all current end-game raids.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The Italian magazine that came out with the Burning Crusade information has been translated:

After one year of the exit on US market, many world of warcraft players ask informations on the first, inevitable, expansion. For answer to these questions, the californian software house is preparing an event for his fan the 28th and 29th of October “Blizzcon”, where Blizzard will reveale the details on the World of Warcraft’s future. For this date, the TGM readers, already known…

Kindly invited by Vivendi to visit Blizzard offices, we have the chance to have a preview about the details of “The Burning Crusade” the first World of Warcraft expansion that will create a revolution on some aspect of this bestseller game.

First of all the Background: Sargeras, the corrupted titan that represent the worst in the WoW universe, it’s always intented to destroy all the universe, has begin his work, his troups have never encountered any obstacle and have not stopped excepted for the resistance on Azeroth(that is both the region, the continent, the planet). But his actual plan for now is ignoring this place, for concentrating on the Outland. This is the name given at the point where are found the rest of the planet Draenor, the original planet of the orcs, rests that flown on the emptiness and grant the access to the Twisting Nether, a sort of parallel dimension that allow to reach every planes of esistance in the universe. It’s unuseful to say that a resource like this, a “node” like for invading all the worlds it’s extremely appetible for Sargera’s demoniac forces, and here we’ll be called the Azerothc forces, the only one that has shown the ability to combat the titan and his followers, Archimonde and Kill’Jaeden.

All the expansion will be centrated on the Outland, Medivh and the Dark Portal, to make procede on the most important story of the world of warcraft. At least other than Outlands two new dungeons will be introduced on Azeroth(the planet), scrictly tied to characthers and events encountered in the expansion. The first will be presented in details at Blizzcon (it will be possible to play with it) and it will be many probably a 5 characthers istance – but it’s still on decision – situated in Kharazan, the Medivh’s tower that’s found in the Deadwind Pass (between Duskwood and the Swamp of Sorrows). From the descriptions received and the short tour that we have osserved we know that it will quikly evolve from the “classic undead istance” to something stranger, where can be encountered the numeous results of the magic experiments of Medivh.

Much more unusual will be the Caverns of Time, raid instance in Tanaris that will allow to travel in the time and participate to the most important events of the story of Azeroth, from the openm of the dark Portal by Medivh, the liberation from slavery of Thrall and the mythologic battle of Mount Hyal (seen in Warcraft III) when the forces of humans, orcs and elves battle united to defeat Archimonde. All this is possible because the Caverns of Time is the place where bronze dragons, headed by Nordozmu, control the streaming of the time.
Tecnically the dungeon in the futur can be expanded to allow the visit of other importans moment of WoW story.

These are the news that can be alredy expected: the surprise begin with the max level that will be increased to lvl 70. (Here is a little comment redactional about the exp lost at lvl 60 for quest done and experience not earned).

Altough Hero Class are not be announced (in the words of Rob Pardo, Vice President of Game Design “if we mistake we hero class we can definitely ruin the game”), Blizzard has not denied that they could be included in the expansion but they have not promised it. Other game like Everquest with Alternate Advancement Point and Daoc with Master Level has shown how this players evolution can be very complicated.

The second great news is that both the faction will have a new race (no new class). Because one of the reason alliance have more player than horde seem to be tied to an extetical reason(horde races are “ugly”): orcs, trolls, taurens and forsakens will be joined by the Blood Elves, a little smaller than their cousin, that are dedicated to magic in his darker former and dependent from it. The blood elves could sure be mages, warlock and warriors, it’s not certain if they can be rogue or hunter, at the moment they have a racial trait called Mana tap that leak slowy the mana from enemy, that can be applied more time, like sunder armor that gonna charge a second ability called “Arcane Torrent”(but the head of development Kaplan continued to call it “Arcane Torment) that work like a “silent” spell with an area, this has left us a little surprised because it seems a little unbalanced also against a warrior, to make a confront, but is early to speak about it, because the exit that will be next year is still far and many things will be surely changed. Very interesting is the characterization given to this race, with a starting area very lightly e sunny but also frightful with many signs of magic used for frivolous scopes (deforming plants, palace floating in the air) and strange crystals containing demons imprisoned to take advantage of their energies.

The actual “home” of Blood Elves is what remains of Quel’Thalas, it is found northern tha Eastern Plaguelands, after a valley currently sealed from a stack of logs, it will composed of 3 zone Eversong Woods with the capital city Silvermoon, Ghostland and Zul’Aman, a region inhabited by trolls that could host or become a new thematic dungeon like Zul’Farrak and Zul’Gurub. The new race of the alliance has not be announced and will probably announced short time after Blizzcon, but we can make always an hypothesis: thinking the “beautiful race” is gonna to horde and looking at all chances, nothing can prevent us to think about pandarean, introduced originally like “april fouls” and then incorporated truly in Warcraft III (this can be more than a supposition, but is better stop here..).

The news are more: there will be a news profession using Jewelcrafting, we don’t know if with this “work” it will possible to forge ring, amulets or trinket, but for sure it will be possible to craft gems to inseter in “socket” found in the armor and weapons, like in Diablo2. To support this blacksmither, tailor and leatherworker can craft item with socket for host gems for jewelcrafting.

Here Toso(a TGM redactor) still complain about the impossibility of crafting “staff”: but is stil true that is possible that jewelcrafting is not the only profession added in the expansion and things can still change before the exit of the expansion.

Continuing with the news about Outlands, that will be divided in many reagion, from rock and devasted Hellfire Peninsula to the forest of Zenga Marsh, one of the few zone of Draenor survived from destruction. The most interesting news for the maniac of the story is that in one of this region, the Shadowmoon Valley, it is found Black Temple where Illidan reside, true “boss” of all the zone. Thinking that only Arthas was enable to stop the ex demon hunter(seen in WarcraftIII and expansion) the players also of 70 lvl have still something hard to face.

It’s true that they can count on many new resources, included the desired flying mounts: responding the thousand requests of players, Blizzard has decided that players once reached lvl 70 can put their hands, at the end of a long and hard quest, on a flying mount that can be only used only in the Outland, using the “floating island” founded in the region.

There are no news about the engine, also if seems blood elves model will have 20% more of polygons compared to “old” race models. The graphic should have in the following month a little restyle with the introduction of the atmospheric effect but the rest should remain the same, also if they are experimenting various trick (like Specular Environment Mapping) to improve look in general. They are concentrating more on the contens, the graphic engine is always in time to be changed. From the tecnichal poins, it can be expected from the expansion the possibility to play BG “from server”, that can be participated to players from all the realms, thing that theorically will bring the end of the queue.

Wait for other anticipations and modernization to come in the next months, expecially thinking we have to discover the race that will join the alliance (we have told our idea).

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
I am a huge fan of WOW and when i was walking through Stormwind once i heard some kids talking about seeing a Pandarian so i'm thinking this is a hint dropped in by Blizzard.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Personally i can't wait until the new level cap comes into place because it will mean all of the lvl 60's who think they are the best will find out they aren't.Also can anyone tell me whether there are going to be a new class in the expansion plz?

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
KraggWoodman said:
Personally i can't wait until the new level cap comes into place because it will mean all of the lvl 60's who think they are the best will find out they aren't.Also can anyone tell me whether there are going to be a new class in the expansion plz?
New class? No, that would disrupt the balance of a lot of things. And pretty much everyone who has played WoW for a while is level 60. The "lvl 60's who think they are the best" will level to 70--what exactly will change? I'm a little confused about it actually, it seems that all the end game content up until now has been made pointless by adding 10 more levels. But lets see how it turns out, I suppose.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
with the expansion, do you need to have the original and then install the expasion, or can you just get the expansion by itself. i know normally expansions require the original, but im not too sure what the deal is with mmorpgs

also, since its a new game, wont everyone have to start new characters all on lvl1 again?

how cool would that be, one day where everyone is equal. then the obsessed people lvl up to 70 in a week :laugh:

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's just adding things to the original, it's not a new game in itself. So you will have to buy both the original and the expansion to play, and since it's not new you won't start at level 1. The only thing that will change is that there will be new classes and races to choose from and new areas to go to.

New class? No, that would disrupt the balance of a lot of things. And pretty much everyone who has played WoW for a while is level 60. The "lvl 60's who think they are the best" will level to 70--what exactly will change? I'm a little confused about it actually, it seems that all the end game content up until now has been made pointless by adding 10 more levels. But lets see how it turns out, I suppose.
Adding new classes hardly disrupt the balance of mmorpgs. They can be overpowered or underpowered at first but they'll usually get mostly balanced fairly quickly. A new class is easily possible.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How does raising the level cap ruin end game content?

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Craftstar said:
What i meant was that all the lvl 60's who hav had the game for a while think they are the best and most experienced. Ihav had the game for a month or two and hav played for about 25 games and am lvl 60.I can beat a lot of the "Veterans quite easily now but they boast so much about being "the best" that making there 10 more lvls will put some of them in their places because hey may have lost their touch on lvling.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Also what i meant by the new classes was that a lesk souce had said there was going to be a new class called "spellbreaker" which i thought was a load of rubbish because in TFT the only race which could use that was Blood Elves. I personnally do hope that there will be new classes because then there will be new characters to be built.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
mic_128 said:
How does raising the level cap ruin end game content?
I assume they mean that all the instances that are hard now would be much easier if you were 10 levels higher. Not only that all the good equipment people worked to get would probably become obsolete.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Joshu said:
I assume they mean that all the instances that are hard now would be much easier if you were 10 levels higher. Not only that all the good equipment people worked to get would probably become obsolete.
No because most of the equipment is actually lvl 70 but lvl requirement is lvl 60 so it will be good for quite a while

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wouldn't they have more high level items? And increase the dificulty of said end game content, or just make a higher leveled version of the 60's stuff?

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
They will prob but the lvl 60's won't hav "£$% equipment.Also they will probably make the End game content focused on the Outland and also as Illidan is there and you will be able to face him and he is lvl 70+ most likely.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Joshua said:
Adding new classes hardly disrupt the balance of mmorpgs. They can be overpowered or underpowered at first but they'll usually get mostly balanced fairly quickly. A new class is easily possible.
Adding new classes in this MMORPG would disrupt balance. All raid instances are delicately balanced around the classes. The classes they have now are fine. And the Spellbreaker rumour originates from some very, very fake "expansion notes" that some idiot made up.

The way an expansion works is that the people who buy it get access to new content, those who don't don't get to make a character of the new race, or enter the expansion-specific areas, etc.

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah its really doubtful they've pop in new classes right now. reaaaaaaaaaaaly excited for expansion ^_^

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Yeah, the expansion will be awesome.

Also excited for 1.9 patch now. Ahn Qiraj (and the epic world quest to open the game), Linked Auction Houses, Weather, and more. Should be awesome. Especially since we've beaten Nefarian, and thus conquered WoW endgame for the time-being.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Would have been better if instead they just said, "Psyche!!! There is no expansion, fukers!"

Thousands of erections would be instantly lost with that statement. Headlines would read 'Blizz pwns WoW subscribers'.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
i just want another starcraft **** it. Now blizzard will spend 30 years working on this thing before they think about working on sc2. Cruse their slow awesomeness.

EDIT: Oh yeah...hurray! By the way I preordered SC: ghost about 3 years ago and the site that I ordered it from no longer exists >.<

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The team that makes WoW is totally seperate from their RTS team, so it's not slowing down SC2 (which obviously everybody thought was long overdue like 5 years ago).

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know for certain how many new races there will be?Because at
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/faq.html
it says

Q: What are the new races? When will you reveal all of them?

A: The first new race that we have announced for the expansion set is the Blood Elf race. No longer trusted by the Alliance, these former High Elves have joined the Horde to hunt down the demons that destroyed their homeland of Quel'Thalas. We plan to unveil details about possible additional races at a later date.

Does this just mean the new alliance race or that there may be a few more?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
"Possible additional races" I would assume means that they possibly haven't decided which race to choose for Alliance yet, and wil reveal who they're thinking about later. That's what I get anyway, although I could be wrong.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
There will be one new race for Alliance and Horde, but not more. They totally just need to say what the Alliance will be though. My excitement though is mostly based on Outland and the ****ton of Instances they're adding. It's going to be awesome.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
Is it true that the gnomes have repossessed Gnomeregan and will therefore start from there and the Darkspear Trolls are going to start from Echo Islands now? Or is that another fake leak?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
ill definantly get into this

fighting against illidan would be so much fun.

ill start off as a n00b lvl1 :laugh:

i want to try out the panderians, but i always wanted to go horde. eh, ill just make 2 characters :chuckle:

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
I hope that it is Pandarians though because it would be really cool to play as 1. Also what other race could it be??

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
There are a few possibilities. I don't think it will be Pandaren (the proper spelling by the way) or Draenei, the other rumour that has been thrown around since those fake notes leaked. We'll just have to wait and see.

fighting against illidan would be so much fun.
If you wanna be in a position to fight again Illidan, I suggest you get started playing WoW soon. That's not something that too many people will ge the chance to ever do, at least for quite a while.

KraggWoodman

Smash Cadet
At the minute im trying to raise my lvl 34 Dwarf Hunter to lvl 60 :( not easy when you only have a maximum of 4 hours per day. But it will be very rewarding when i reach 60 especially for when th expansion comes out. BTW does anyone know how they are going to distribute it? Will it be able to be downloaded or will we have to buy it in the stores?

dmac

Smash Champion
ohh craftstar you're so dreamy and uber. my guilds barely ready for mc and you've downed nefarian <_< nice :)

Top Bottom