• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light Maps as DLC?

Would you be open World of Light maps as DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes if they weren't too expensive (or free).

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

An Archie

Smash Cadet
With the announcement of DLC pack 1 and Joker joining smash, I've personally been interested to see if we would get single-player content as DLC down the line. And although the idea of stadium modes returning as DLC would be an exciting announcement, I personally like the idea of them adding World of Light DLC to the game.
Specifically as special maps based on certain franchises represented in-game, like the Castlevania, Street Fighter, Zelda (etc...) sections of the World of Light map. This would give them the ability to add new spirits to the game with their own spirit battles, along with (potentially) new bosses or music.
Here are some of the ideas that I've come up with for DLC World of Light Maps:
With the announcement of Joker joining smash, it would be a shame if they didn't add any Persona / Shin Megami Tensei spirits.
Having a map based on Tokyo, with spirit battles against the Persona 5 party members, personas from accross the franchise, or even protagonists from other Persona and SMT games could be a way to resolve these issues.
The absence of pokémon as a boss fight in ultimate is slightly baffling considering that we already had one in Brawl with Rayquaza. So they could do a map based on a pokémon region (Kanto, Alola, even Galar if they wanted to do a tie in with Sword & Shield) where you would fight new pokémon spirits (especially new pokémon like Meltan) with a boss fight at the end could be really fun!
There are plenty of other possiblities for this kind of downloadable content so I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, Piranha Plant wasn’t added to the map and is automatically unlocked in WoL when you unlock I think 10 characters in the first area. But since PP was meant to be base originally, I don’t know if Joker and any other DLC character will be handled the same way. There could be a WoL expansion made just for the DLC characters but we’ll have to wait and see, especially if Joker gets Persona spirits added with him.

Top Bottom