• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light "How do I Beat That Spirit?" Thread

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Any ideas on the Isaac fight? His assist trophy is really annoying.
When he starts spamming palms offscreen go to as far to the side the palms are coming from. You'll probably take more damage killing off the CPUs, but you won't insta-die.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
A lot of the Assist Trophy fights are easier if you just go full sledge hammer on the Assist Trophy. Isaac was a cake walk with Sheriff on Incineroar. He got flattened rather quickly and his crew went quick after.

One of the worst for me was Dark Emperor, Dr Wily, and Andy. There were others of course, but those are ones I can recall. Dark Emperor was probably one of the most frustrating/annoying ones and the main way I killed him off finally is :ultincineroar: side B spam. I got lucky with Pauline and Peach just failed moving around the map and KO'd herself on the 2nd or 3rd try. Boss and James McCloud were also rough, they seemed hyper aggressive and reactive.

The giant inducing support spirit or upgraded Medusa are very powerful. Not many of the fighters could withstand giant Incineroar with his amazing damage output and knock back.

And a tip on one of the giant Ridley's with constant curry (eww...) is that if he gets stuck in the lava as it raises he can't get out of it.

Apparently I missed a spirit/shop or dojo somewhere. So I guess I get to do a lot of back tracking. :/

DoubleAgamer

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm missing one fighter, but I've no idea where to look. Spoiler below for more details.

I'm certain now the only fighter I've yet to find in WoL is Mii Brawler. I've rescued Master Hand and Crazy Hand and found all the fighters I've noticed in this area. So where's Mii Brawler? Where do I look for him? I've got no clue where to start... xP
[SPOILER = "mii fighter location"]
The sacred Iand. Go to the torches that represent the clock. Put in the time 4:40. Boom. Mii fighter
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
A lot of fights that you think are hard become a lot easier once you have a better awareness of spirit abilities and can use them to cheese.

Pauline, for all the fear I got from reading this thread, was easy. Staff + 2 Shooting Power boosts + a really strong Primary Spirit (Lv 99 Mega Diancie), sniped her from across the stage and she died in 3 shots.

For any fight where it's easy to get up close and personal against your opponent, Slow Super Armor is totally busted. Pretty sure that's how I beat Jeff and James McCloud. I saw it on a Youtube video, and it's really just as broken as was promised.

Any stage with an unavoidable hazard (like fog, stage flip, control reversal, or earthquake) is made inifitely easier once you have a spirit immune to that effect. Damaging floors aren't usually that bad, since there's usually (bot not always!) platforms to stand on.

1FC0

Smash Lord
A lot of fights that you think are hard become a lot easier once you have a better awareness of spirit abilities and can use them to cheese.

Pauline, for all the fear I got from reading this thread, was easy. Staff + 2 Shooting Power boosts + a really strong Primary Spirit (Lv 99 Mega Diancie), sniped her from across the stage and she died in 3 shots.

For any fight where it's easy to get up close and personal against your opponent, Slow Super Armor is totally busted. Pretty sure that's how I beat Jeff and James McCloud. I saw it on a Youtube video, and it's really just as broken as was promised.

Any stage with an unavoidable hazard (like fog, stage flip, control reversal, or earthquake) is made inifitely easier once you have a spirit immune to that effect. Damaging floors aren't usually that bad, since there's usually (bot not always!) platforms to stand on.
I agree, one just needs to know the game and cheese his way through. I already suspected this battle seemed so unfair just due to a lack of knowledge resulting in a lack of strategy. I have been using spirit powers properly as well since then and it makes most battles very doable.

EdgyDabsLOLXD

Smash Rookie
So how are you supposed to win this Dr. Wiley one I came across? Six metal Mega Mans and all have 100 HP while I barely have over 100. Is there some way to have more HP or something?
Try to get the Metal Killer spirit (I don't remember where it's at) and I used Victini for more powerful smash attacks.

Any advice on how to beat The Boss from metal gear. ZSS is just way too fast and that defense boost she gets is annoying as hell.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Any advice on how to beat Funky Kong? He's blocking my way to Diddy and I want to make sure I have gotten all the fighters in the Light Realm before I fight Galeem. Or could I go back to the Light Realm after reaching the Dark Realm? I gotta at least know how to backtrack after Galeem.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I guess this could be advice for all spirits, I don't know where else to put this.

Olimar with Weapon Power Up is absolutely broken. His aerials deal around 60% per hit if you have higher spirit power, UA can also potentially K.O off the top in one hit. It could be considered cheating though, I'm only using it for farming snacks from the spirit board.
I found this most useful for all bosses, Dr. Wily, and Pauline.

Note: I'm pretty sure Olimar's airs doing this much damage is a bug.

Edit: Looks like Turbo64 Turbo64 made a thread about this, if you want more info go here.

Any advice on how to beat Funky Kong? He's blocking my way to Diddy and I want to make sure I have gotten all the fighters in the Light Realm before I fight Galeem. Or could I go back to the Light Realm after reaching the Dark Realm? I gotta at least know how to backtrack after Galeem.
Once you beat Galeem you can go back to the Light Realm whenever you want.

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I guess this could be advice for all spirits, I don't know where else to put this.

Olimar with Weapon Power Up is absolutely broken. His aerials deal around 60% per hit if you have higher spirit power, UA can also potentially K.O off the top in one hit. It could be considered cheating though, I'm only using it for farming snacks from the spirit board.
I found this most useful for all bosses, Dr. Wily, and Pauline.

Note: I'm pretty sure Olimar's airs doing this much damage is a bug.
OMFG you are not kidding! I just used Beast Ganon (6400 attack) with two +Weapon supports and did like 66% with a single Fair.

It has to be a bug, and has nothing to do with the Weapon boosts. I just did a fight with both my support slots taken by Lava Floor Immunity and my aerials were still doing huge damage.

Is there a good strategy for surviving Bob-omb Festivals? I just fought Dr. Eggman (A Koopaling + Metal Sonic) and after many attempts I can't even say I legitimately beat it, I just got lucky surviving one of the Bob-omb Festivals that finally killed them instead of me.

ETA: Olimar's Pikmin look like they're much more sensitive to the offensive rating of the primary spirit than other characters are. I used the Absolutely Safe Capsule in a battle (0 offensive power), and Olimar was doing crap damage. Switch to something with a few thousand offense rating, and Olimar was back to kicking ass.

Last edited:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

The Boss's fight takes a few tries and you will die a few times when you only needed to land just one more hit. This is normal. You will want to give up. Don't. If you can get her down to 5% you can get her to 0%. Here's the rundown:

Character: Snake (It's the only proper way to honor The Boss.)
Spirits: Your Most Powerful + Any Poison Immunity Spirit. I used Primal Groudon. ZSS doesn't have any fire or explosive attacks but Snake is vulnerable to his own explosives and the game spawns Fire Flowers.

How To Beat Her:

Naked Snake: "You created CQC to deal with exactly this type of situation."
The Boss: "With your help of course. In a battle situation, you'll only have a split second to decide how to attack."

This fight is absolutely about comboing with tilts and aerials interspersed with neutral and side specials. The Boss is fast and hits like a truck. Neutral Aerial and Down Aerial are for combos, Back Aerial is for approaching, and Jab and Up Tilt are for when The Boss is approaching you from the air. Be sure to mix your combos up, but most of the time you're going to be dancing on her face to wear down her stamina. At the start of the fight, Neutral Special can get her 50% of the time, and you can toss in NSpecs in with your combos only if you have breathing room. Don't try to gimp her with the Side Special but you can toss one in every now and then and usually you'll land them. Do not use them often though because The Boss will punish you. Usually when The Boss is around 50 HP she uses her Final Smash. This will take you down 25 stamina usually and is pretty much unavoidable. Shortly after The Boss's FS, Snake will get his, so use it immediately. The Boss will usually survive with around 8 HP, so finish her off before she finishes you. Master these techniques and you will be awarded the title of Big Boss. Remember, there's no such thing as luck on the battlefield.

"Life's end. Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die."

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I didn't have any problem with Boss. I think I used Marth with Poison Immunity. Either him or DK Both of them have pretty good aerials for dealing with a jumpy opponent.

Kyogre

I've beaten this guy once on the spirit board before by somehow knocking the Pokeball out of Squirtle's hand before it could be thrown.

How do I not get sprayed off to the blast zone? Like serious, he's not even gimping me he can push me right into one of the side bast zones.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Once you get a leveled up legendary team 4 star spirits aren't too bad.

Where's the spirit who can drive a boat? edit, nvm found him.

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I'm raging so much against 9-Volt & 18-Volt. The Sheriff just massacres me before I can kill him, and then I get grabbed by a tractor beam and carried off the ceiling. I hate this one so much.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm raging so much against 9-Volt & 18-Volt. The Sheriff just massacres me before I can kill him, and then I get grabbed by a tractor beam and carried off the ceiling. I hate this one so much.
Get the ore club, metal killer, and spam. I hate how cheesy it is but that was the only way I could win. Once you kill sheriff, keep spamming ore club and running away!

Dracorex22

Smash Rookie
So how are you supposed to win this Dr. Wiley one I came across? Six metal Mega Mans and all have 100 HP while I barely have over 100. Is there some way to have more HP or something?
I beat it fairly easily with Lucas. His PSI magnet is really useful against stamina battles against Megaman (and there seem to be plenty of those), since it absorbs energy projectiles to heal you. The bonus fruit spirit is also super helpful since they provide extra stamina.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Get the ore club, metal killer, and spam. I hate how cheesy it is but that was the only way I could win. Once you kill sheriff, keep spamming ore club and running away!
Wait, don't you mean Assist Killer?

By the way, you can find a Sheriff spirit with Assist Killer in a chest through a tunnel to the left of the Jungle. However, you'll need a Spirit who can blow up boulders, such as Bomb Man or Bomberman, to get to the chest, and I can't tell you where to find either of those (I'm waiting for Christmas to play the game myself and haven't watched a whole lot of World of Light footage).

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
this is literally the only spirit match i have alot of trouble with and it just seems impossible, it's really the stage cause i just can't seem to do anything on this 1..if it was a different stage things would had been different, from my favorites only Zelda had the best result for me as i was able to K.O DK & Mario..but then theres Peach always running from you, it's literally a struggle to hit her on this stage, in 1 match i was close to finally knocking her out but that damn time ran out! >.>

i need advice here..how did you guys do it? cause it feels weird that i can beat even the real final boss battle against Dharkon & Galeem but not the Pauline match...the level made me say some bad things about Pauline out of frustration haha..but i would appreciate the help! ^-^

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Wait, don't you mean Assist Killer?

By the way, you can find a Sherrif spirit with Assist Killer in a chest through a tunnel to the left of the Jungle. However, you'll need a Spirit who can blow up boulders, such as Bomb Man or Bomberman, to get to the chest, and I can't tell you where to find either of those (I'm waiting for Christmas to play the game myself and haven't watched a whole lot of World of Light footage).
You also need a Spirit that can repair bridges since there's one you have to go accross in order to actually get to the Sheriff Spirit location.

Fun Fact: The whole area you have to go though to get to the Sheriff Spirit is actually the Canyon Area from Twilight Princess, with The Sheriff specifically being located within The Hidden Village, & the Bridge you have to repair & cross is actually ment to be the Bridge of Edin (woulda been splendids if they actually went the extra mile & actually made it THE Bridge of Edin instead of just referencing it).

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
I CANNOT TAKE THAT ****ING BOSS SPIRIT ANYMORE, WHAT SPIRITS DO I USE AND WHAT CHARACTER DO I USE?!??!!?!?!?!/!/

abx

Smash Journeyman
The "Trick" is to basically wait for the clock item and slow Peach down. Ideally you try to damage Peach a bit so that you can knock her out with very strong attacks while she's in slow-motion. But don't get too committed and stay away from Mario and DK so that you can ge the item first. It's a matter of luck: Does the item appear in time, will you be able to obtain it first and can you convert it into Peach's demise?

Second option is to choose a character with a very good Smash Power. With the proper skill from the skill tree and with Ashley as a sub spirit you can charge up your smash meter really quick. I actually used that method with DK, but he has not a good smash power and Peach has a high knockbakc resistance. Bowser or Mr. Game & Watch might get a cheap kill. Mr. G&W simply drags his foes to the blast zone. I haven't tried it though.

Against the Boss, don't play the stamina battle. Go to the ledge, and either grab her and try to edge guard her or recover again and again and lure her from the stage. Characters with good edge guard or meteor attacks are recommend. DK and Ness come to my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I forgot how broken super armor is.

Against Pauline, go with your strongest primary spirit, and equip a Staff and as many shooting power ups as you can. You start out on opposite sides of large stage, and I don't think she moves much unless you get close to her. Absolutely perfect conditions for sniping with a Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I got a bit lucky. I used Donkey Kong, used every 'Fist power up' and strengthening spirits I could. Then, hitting her a couple of times while crossing paths enough along with one good spike was enough to end the match. There are some early 'Increase upward/downward' launching support spirits that can help make spikes more successful.

DK has got fAir, dAir, and down special that can all spike and being a tank, he can last longer in a fight which helped. If you have a spirit that makes you Metal at the start of battle, that also helps so that Mario and the giant DK can't interrupt you.

Oh, and Since Mario is stuck with the Hammer in the beginning, he's got little recovery and is following you; there's a chance yo can get lucky and gimp his recovery so he just suicides.

TBone06

Smash Ace
This one was easily one of my top 5 most frustrating Spirit battles. I used my strongest spirit with Victini/Viridi/Sun Sprite. I tried to get the clock whenever it came out. Tried KO'ing Mario and DK. Still had a lot of trouble.

Turns out she would self-destruct, which almost made me even more frustrated.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
I CANNOT TAKE THAT ****ING BOSS SPIRIT ANYMORE, WHAT SPIRITS DO I USE AND WHAT CHARACTER DO I USE?!??!!?!?!?!/!/
Queen Sheba, she gives you poison heal which makes HP far less of a issue. With a legend rank I managed to outheal all damage she did. Go with somebody that's either fast rushdown, or a swordie with disjoints. A heavy hitter seems tempting, but her tether grab, acrobatic AI, and the way stamina works means she's hard to get your of your face.

Queen sheba is very late in WoL, or summonable.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Strongest primary spirit, and equip a Staff and as many shooting power ups as you can. You start out on opposite sides of large stage, and I don't think she moves much unless you get close to her. Absolutely perfect conditions for sniping with a Staff.
She's a Shield spirit, so bring a strong Grab spirit, like The Boss- oh... wait... um... don't blame me for any damage that happens to your controller.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
It's not entirely World of Light, but since this a a busy topic...

Anyone got past Baby Bowser yet? The legend fight that has a giant super armor bowser in stamina and lava? He seems worse then the boss ever was. I can't stun him, he's got huge range, and the lava prevents me from using better supports.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Try to get the Metal Killer spirit (I don't remember where it's at) and I used Victini for more powerful smash attacks.
Tried all that. I still got beat easily.

I still can't clear WoL either. I keep trying, but I can't move any further in the third area. I've completed every spirit battle in it save for Giga Mac and Guile since they're BS. I've freed both of the Hands too. But nothing else is happening, not even when I try to approach the Hands or Galeem or Darkhon. I've asked for help here before but no one answered. Can I PLEASE finally get some help here?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Tried all that. I still got beat easily.

I still can't clear WoL either. I keep trying, but I can't move any further in the third area. I've completed every spirit battle in it save for Giga Mac and Guile since they're BS. I've freed both of the Hands too. But nothing else is happening, not even when I try to approach the Hands or Galeem or Darkhon. I've asked for help here before but no one answered. Can I PLEASE finally get some help here?
I guess in order to continue within the Final Area you would have to make both sides equal to therefore shows that you do not completely side with either. So bascuilly that means you would have to defeat every single Spirit located there to make that point 100% accurate.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
I guess in order to continue within the Final Area you would have to make both sides equal to therefore shows that you do not completely side with either. So bascuilly that means you would have to defeat every single Spirit located there to make that point 100% accurate.
I was told I don't have to beat every single battle there though. And Giga Mac and Guile are way too hard. The latter is practically impossible imo. Those are the only two left on the map.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Anyone know how I am legitimately supposed to beat the true final battle on hard without losing a stock? I've beaten it with Kirby on around my 40th try, but apparently the up scrolling thing as boss rush count as the final battle. And I'm not using golden hammers...

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I was told I don't have to beat every single battle there though. And Giga Mac and Guile are way too hard. The latter is practically impossible imo. Those are the only two left on the map.
Well, if you consider the fact that both Giga Mac & Guile are both Light Spirits & that there ain't an equal number of Dark Spirits remaining on the map, then the scales are tilted towards the Light Side & are thus not perfectly balanced. Now of course, I don't even have Smash Ultimate yet to test this out, I'm just going off the assumption that both sides have to be perfectly balanced for the Hands to do their thing, but I say this is probably the most likely reason your unable to go any further (either that or you have to defeat all Spirits in WoL).

Last edited:

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Well, if you consider the fact that both Giga Mac & Guile are both Light Spirits & that there ain't an equal number of Dark Spirits remaining on the map, then the scales are tilted towards the Light Side & are thus not perfectly balanced. Now of course, I don't even have Smash Ultimate yet to test this out, I'm just going off the assumption that both sides have to be perfectly balanced for the Hands to do their thing, but I say this is probably the most likely reason your unable to go any further (either that or you have to defeat all Spirits in WoL).
Then that's poor game design, because I had no idea I had to beat those two and they're also impossible for me to beat. Which means I literally can't clear adventure mode.

abx

Smash Journeyman
For Giga Mac: Go to the side of the stage and try to cheaply throw him off the stage. It might take a few tries, but it's a no brainer.

For Guile: Start the battle with the Franklin Badge and keep your distance to Guile. You might start the battle with attacking Guile as soon as he appears to push him away from the center. The assist will rarely approach you and throw out his sonic boom things, which you will reflect and possibly hit Falcon with. That should buy you the time to deal with Falcon before the Franklin Badge wears off. It was kinda cheap with Dedede then because Falcon always ran into my jab again and again, no way he would jump over it. Otherwise, Falcon is still an obnoxious opponent in this battle, but Guile is practically taken care of. And since you've managed every other spirit so far, I'm sure you can do it.
Balder is a spirit that you should have gained. He appears either in that light&dark stage or somewhere else in the 2nd world, and can be evolved into a legendary defense spirit with Franklin Badge. I don't remember Guile's type though. Some support spirits bring a Franklin Badge, too, like Ana and some conductor guy (Mr. Tutori or something like that, I don't remember). But iirc they don't appear in the WoL so check the Spirit Board if you want to try it with them. It's imo the best way to approach this battle.

R O F L

Smash Ace
It's not entirely World of Light, but since this a a busy topic...

Anyone got past Baby Bowser yet? The legend fight that has a giant super armor bowser in stamina and lava? He seems worse then the boss ever was. I can't stun him, he's got huge range, and the lava prevents me from using better supports.
I beat him twice with Ridley. All I did was beat the small Bowser without taking damage, then using fireballs and Ridley's command grab to keep him away. If all fire balls hit, they do around 30%, and his command grab keeps him off-stage and also does quite a bit of damage. I also found that the Runner skill is pretty good for it.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
This isn't how to beat a spirit, but how do I FIND the Majora's Mask spirit? It won't show up on the spirit board at all, despite using plenty of board refreshes.

Top Bottom