• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light "How do I Beat That Spirit?" Thread

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Check the shops then. I have it and I haven't 100%'ed WoL yet. I had to buy quite a few of them because they didn't show up on the board.
They were in the Timmy and Tommy shop. Why Timmy and Tommy were selling an ancient evil mask capable of pulling the moon out of orbit, I'll never know.

Idoughbay

Smash Rookie
How do I beat the Villager Ana one? They seem to work perfectly to combo together and make it impossible

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
How do I beat the Villager Ana one? They seem to work perfectly to combo together and make it impossible
Focus on Ness first, PK Fire is just the worst. If you have a spirit with Franklin Badge, that will help out enormously.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Focus on Ness first, PK Fire is just the worst. If you have a spirit with Franklin Badge, that will help out enormously.
I just beat that spirit battle, and, yeah, you definitely want Ness out of the picture ASAP. Ana herself is a Franklin Badge support Spirit, and I used her to beat Ho-oh (though it took me several tries, as my strongest primary spirit with more than one support slot is currently Bomberman... I eventually ended up cheesing the fight by having Charizard bounced off the screen by the fire pillars).

Rosecross

Smash Rookie
[SPOILER = "mii fighter location"]
The sacred Iand. Go to the torches that represent the clock. Put in the time 4:40. Boom. Mii fighter
[/SPOILER]
How does one figure this out without the internet? Is there a hint somewhere in WoL? I haven't beaten it yet, but I want to be more attentive if that's the case.

EDIT: I just read through the thread and the game indeed tells you. But I can't figure out if there's any significance behind that particular time.

Last edited:

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
A small bit of advice for any spirit battle situation you might get into. Ganondorf with Galacta Knight spirit. My goodness this combination hits like a truck. One side smash did 136%

Fossana

Smash Rookie
For the funky kong bullet bill one, I'd recommend playing as Fox. When one of the enemies uses a bullet bill, just counter with down b and it'll reflect the bullet bill and potentially KO 1-2 enemies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Fun advice: my boy Yoshi can be used to cheese a lot of the tough spirits such as the Boss.

Deal some damage with egg toss, stand next to the ledge and egg lay. The CPU doesn't stand a chance as long as you deal 50% damage and manage to land Yoshi's neutral B.

Doesn't work on projectile spammers like Dr. Wily's spirit tho.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I cheesed the Dr. Wily fight with Ness — I probably took enough damage to kill me two or three times, but endured the entire thing by putting up PSI Magnet every now and then and watching the Mega Men shoot pellets into it, repeatedly, like complete dumbasses (instead of doing what an actual human would do and running up to grab, Top Spin, Mega Upper, slide, Spark Shot, or Flame Blast). I did get punished with Metal Blade or Leaf Shield occasionally, and I think the Mega Men got smarter as the match went on (the last one picked up a beam sword instead of relying on pellets), but for the most part, I was able to regularly heal from near-dead to full health throughout the battle. It was nuts. I also used Ness to beat the Boss, though it took a few tries, and I ultimately won by knocking her off the stage and footstooling her.

Also, I can confirm that using a Staff on Pauline instead of playing the "chase Peach around the map" game works wonders.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The way I defeated the 9 Volt and 18 Volt challenge was the Golden Dash Mushroom but any item that makes you giant will do. Personally I used Bowser, because Giant Bowser doesn't flinch at much, not even the Sheriff can do much damage before dying thanks to Bowser now getting crazy big hitboxes.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
The way I defeated the 9 Volt and 18 Volt challenge was the Golden Dash Mushroom but any item that makes you giant will do. Personally I used Bowser, because Giant Bowser doesn't flinch at much, not even the Sheriff can do much damage before dying thanks to Bowser now getting crazy big hitboxes.
Giant Richter. Just drop down from the starting ledge and his whip reaches across the entire stage. I cleared it in 4 F smashes. Sheriff never even got to fire a shot.

Last edited:

Rosecross

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any tips for beating fiora?
The first time I did this one, I went around to get Link. Then I just abused his boomerang and forward smashes. There's no shame in leaving this one for later if it keeps you giving you problems. If you get a spirit that gives you an Ore Club or Deep Diver it should do the trick too.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
The first time I did this one, I went around to get Link. Then I just abused his boomerang and forward smashes. There's no shame in leaving this one for later if it keeps you giving you problems. If you get a spirit that gives you an Ore Club or Deep Diver it should do the trick too.
Simon is also really good, if you want to play "fairly" without exploiting super armor. Cycling between Cross, Axe, and Holy Water gives you a powerful keep-away game, and the whip is a potent midrange kill tool. Just make sure you use all that range. The Castlevania guys aren't that great in close quarters combat.

Last edited:

Tyler730

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3464-1045-6817
For very tough stamina battles like The Boss or M Bison, I had to cheese these fights with DK’s Down B. It works like most of the time. I beat Wily on the first try because I had Lucas and used Down B. The Megamen used their pellets most of the time, which would heal me when it hits the shield. Be careful though, as the saw blade and leaf shield wouldn’t work. Also Metal Killer is a must. Really makes these metal fights easier. Dr. Mario is just a standard fight after that. So far, the hardest one is 9-Volt and 18-Volt. Absolutely infuriating. Even with the assist killer, Sheriff is still a nuisance. Fortunately, I managed to beat that one as well. Just go straight for Sheriff then go for Incineroar and finally Villager, all while avoiding the Boss Galagas.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
For very tough stamina battles like The Boss or M Bison, I had to cheese these fights with DK’s Down B. It works like most of the time. I beat Wily on the first try because I had Lucas and used Down B. The Megamen used their pellets most of the time, which would heal me when it hits the shield. Be careful though, as the saw blade and leaf shield wouldn’t work. Also Metal Killer is a must. Really makes these metal fights easier. Dr. Mario is just a standard fight after that. So far, the hardest one is 9-Volt and 18-Volt. Absolutely infuriating. Even with the assist killer, Sheriff is still a nuisance. Fortunately, I managed to beat that one as well. Just go straight for Sheriff then go for Incineroar and finally Villager, all while avoiding the Boss Galagas.
Giant Belmont's whip can reach all the way across the Gamer stage, and can take out Sheriff with one shot if you're strong enough.

MetaWeegee

Smash Cadet
This spirit I'm fighting, the Dark Emperor is a ****ing headache. It's a fight against a Ridley that has super armor, high defense, AND heavy armor, which makes him outrageously hard to flinch. Oh, and it's NOT a stamina battle. I can rack this *****'s damage up to like 200% and still barely launch him, and then he can just Side B to deal 30+ damage and kill me outright. Oh, AND the fight's on that MiiTopia stage, which heavily benefits his combat style. Any requests for cheesing this one?

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
This spirit I'm fighting, the Dark Emperor is a ****ing headache. It's a fight against a Ridley that has super armor, high defense, AND heavy armor, which makes him outrageously hard to flinch. Oh, and it's NOT a stamina battle. I can rack this *****'s damage up to like 200% and still barely launch him, and then he can just Side B to deal 30+ damage and kill me outright. Oh, AND the fight's on that MiiTopia stage, which heavily benefits his combat style. Any requests for cheesing this one?
Isn't this Ridley also giant? In which case, having a Giant Killer support spirit helps. Now even though Ridley has super armour, he still takes knockback from grabs, so going for a Strong Throw support spirit isn't a bad idea. Might also be wise to equip a spirit that boosts either attack or defense when at critical damage. I'd recommend Incineroar, since his Side-B can do tremendous damage and knockback if timed right, his back throw does more knockback than Ness's, and his Down-B can make his moves even stronger.

MetaWeegee

Smash Cadet
Isn't this Ridley also giant? In which case, having a Giant Killer support spirit helps. Now even though Ridley has super armour, he still takes knockback from grabs, so going for a Strong Throw support spirit isn't a bad idea. Might also be wise to equip a spirit that boosts either attack or defense when at critical damage. I'd recommend Incineroar, since his Side-B can do tremendous damage and knockback if timed right, his back throw does more knockback than Ness's, and his Down-B can make his moves even stronger.
Thanks for the tips. Just killed that ***** today.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Anyone know how I am legitimately supposed to beat the true final battle on hard without losing a stock? I've beaten it with Kirby on around my 40th try, but apparently the up scrolling thing as boss rush count as the final battle. And I'm not using golden hammers...
This is for everyone who wants to know how to make the final boss in WoL a complete joke:
Enhance the Skull Kid spirit to Skull Kid & Majora’s Mask, and level him up to 99 as soon as possible (use the gym if you don’t have enough snacks). Why this spirit, you may ask? The answer is simple: LIFESTEAL. This trait lets you steal the health of the bosses and heal yourself. The best way to use this spirit to its full potential is to use Ganondorf (I highly recommend getting the additional mid air jump on the skill tree since his jump is pretty abysmal) because of how strong he is, and the slight boost in power from the spirit being from the same franchise. The support can be anything you choose that could help in the battle, but I used Autoheal to make sure I survived. Smash attacks are your best friend, as they’ll heal the most, and do the most damage.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I beat him twice with Ridley. All I did was beat the small Bowser without taking damage, then using fireballs and Ridley's command grab to keep him away. If all fire balls hit, they do around 30%, and his command grab keeps him off-stage and also does quite a bit of damage. I also found that the Runner skill is pretty good for it.
Bowser's command grab is also great against super armored opponents probably second best after Ridley. I've found Ridley and Bowser's grabs to be significantly better than Incineroar or Ganondorf's for dealing with armored opponents.

EDIT: On some further testing, I'm actually finding Bowser's grab to be better because even though it doesn't lunge, the faster startup makes it much less of a commitment. Flying Slam grabs on frame 6, whereas Space Pirate Rush hits on frame 22 at the earliest. I fought Baby Bowser a few times yesterday and as Ridley I kept getting knocked out of the grab attempt and taking massive damage. When I switched to Bowser it was much easier and I cleared it in one go.

Same thing with I think it's Master Giant? Giant DK's big gorilla arms are difficult to get through with a slow grab. Bowser can just wait for an opportunity then hop in for the grab and KAPOW!

EDIT again: How the **** am I only just discovering now how broken Ridley is on walk-offs? He's ****ing God-tier there. I just fought the Sukapon spirit and won before Sukapon even spawned.

I'm sure everyone here already knows that the suicide grabs kill you first. But what's probably less commonly known is that you can abort Ridley's slide by pressing B, which will launch the opponent diagonally upward. Land the grab, and press B just as you go offscreen for the easiest kill of your life.

ETA: I have started posting videos me beating some of the more annoying Spirit Battles in the Videos forum. Check it out. I posted Sagat first and I'll upload Pauline next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom