• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

* To increase your viewing pleasure, listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLUolWyvjE *

_____ http://www.daveandbusters.com/ _____

6010 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Tx 77057
(713) 952-2233<----Call them if you need directions.

When you walk into D&B, go to the front desk and say you here for "WHOBO 4" and ask to be lead to the "Party Room." Here is a quick video( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQhBpO6wUs ) of the "party room" we will be playing in. At the time of the filming, the room was not arranged nor fully expanded/open.

D&Bs will provide wifi/mic/speakers and a projector for us as well as dedicated waiters to our room so we can order food/drinks*. If you do not wish to buy food/drink from D&Bs, there are several other places(Mc Ds/Wendys/Subway/BurgerKing/TacovomitBell) literally 5min walk awayl. If you DO decide to buy food from D&Bs they will provide you with a menu(or look at the menu on their website)

*D&Bs also serves alcohol. If you would like a drink with your meal, go to the dinning area. Alcoholic drinks WILL NOT be allowed IN the TOURNAMENT ROOM. If i see it, you are DQed the ENTIRE weekend. If i smell it on you, you are DQed the ENTIRE weekend. If i even THINK you are under the influence of alcohol(or ANY type of drugs for that matter), you are DQed the ENTIRE weekend.

Saturday

Time | Event
12:00pm| Practice
1:00pm| Brawl 1vs1 POOLS
7:00pm| Food Time
8:00pm| Brawl 2vs2 BRACKET
1:00am| GET OUT

Sunday

Time | Event
12:00pm| Practice
1:00pm| Brawl 1vs1 BRACKET
5:00pm| 1vs1 Mid+Low Tier 1vs1 BRACKET
8:00pm| 2vs2 Mid+Low Tier 2vs2 BRACKET
12:00am| GET OUT

Times are subject to change so please get to the venue as early as possible and STAY there. If you are running late, CALL/TEXT ME.

All event/entry fees MUST be paid ONLINE. This allows me to make POOLS ahead of time(and allow YOU to help me fix pool errors) as well as keep you guys updated on GUARANTEED ENTRANTS.

Payment site: http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo4

IMPORTANT:

1. PayPal charges me a processing fee for using their site so i have increased all entry fees by 1-2$ to cover the extra fee PayPal will charge me.
2. When you buy either "2vs2" or "2vs2 Mid+Low Tier 2vs2, you are buying the ENTIRE TEAM(you+your partner) so please leave a note in the "note" section(see instructions below if you are confused) telling you AND your partner's gamer tag.
3. When you buy "1vs1" or "1vs1 Mid+Low Tier" please include a note in the "note" section(see instructions below if you are confused) telling me your gamer tag.
4. Online Registration ENDS on JULY 31st 2012! If you show up to the event without registering online, venue fee will increase to 50$ and you will receive no seeding for all events.

[collapse=Instructions(if you need it) for the payment site]

Step 1. Go to http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo4

Step 2. Scroll about half way down the page until you see "PAYPAL PAYMENT & INSTRUCTIONS"

Step 3. Under "PAYPAL PAYMENT & INSTRUCTIONS" and under "Whobo 4 Venue & Registration" there is a drop box. Open the drop box and select an item.

Step 4. Click "add to cart"

Step 5. After clicking "add to cart" you will be taken to "Your Shopping Cart" on www.paypal.com . If the item you added to the cart appears, click "continue shopping"

Step 6. After clicking "continue shopping" you will be taken back to http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo4 .

Step 7. Repeat steps 2 and 5 until you have put all items you want into your cart. NOTE: YOU MUST PUT "Venue Fee (must buy): $32.00 USD" IN YOUR CART IF YOU WISH TO ENTER WHOBO 4.

Step 8. When the final item is placed in the cart, review "your shopping cart" and then click "check out"

Step 9. After clicking "check out" you will be taken to "Your order summary." Review "Your order summary" to make sure all the items you put in your cart are present and ready to be bought.

Step 10. After reviewing "Your order summary" choose how you wish to pay for your items. If you wish to pay for your items as a PayPal member, please log in on the right hand side of "Your order summary." If you wish to pay as a PayPal Guest(aka non member) then choose the "Dont have a Paypal account" option at the bottom right hand side of "Your order summary"

Step 11 Part A. If you ARE a member of PayPal and you logged in, review your shipping information. There is also an "Note to seller: Add" on the right hand side of the page. Click "add" and in the space provided, please tell me your REAL 1vs1 gamer tag(if you provide a false tag, you may not recieve the correct seed you deserve). If you bought "2vs2" or "2vs2 Mid+Low Tier" you need to include you AND your partner's REAL gamer tag(if you provide a false tag, you may not be seeded correctly in the bracket).

Step 11 Part B. If you are NOT a member of PayPal, you are paying as a PayPal Guest under the "Dont have a Paypal account" option. You will then need to fill out your billing information. Once that is complete, click "review and continue" at the bottom of the page. You will then be taken to a "review your information" page where half way down the page there will be a "Note to seller: Add" section. Click "add" and in the space provided, please tell me your REAL 1vs1 gamer tag(if you provide a false tag, you may not recieve the correct seed you deserve). If you bought "2vs2" or "2vs2 Mid+Low Tier" you need to include you AND your partner's REAL gamer tag(if you provide a false tag, you may not be seeded correctly in the bracket).

Step 12. After reviewing your information and adding a note, click the "pay now" button at the bottom. Anything after this point should be common sense.

NOTE: If you have any questions about paypal email info@airbrushking.net or was7x@hotmail.com and include "help with paypal for WHOBO 4" in the email title.

[/collapse]

Venue fee= 40$(online reg) and then 50$ at the door if you do not reg online.
*1vs1=15$
*2vs2=20$ (10$ each)
1vs1 Mid+Low Tier[D/E/F/G/H tier ONLY]=10$
2vs2 Mid+Low Tier[D/E/F/G/H tier ONLY]=10$ (5$ each)

Payout for 1vs1
1st=48% of normal pot +21% of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +14% of pot bonus
3rd=11% of normal pot +9% of pot bonus
4th=8% of normal pot +5% of pot bonus
5th(x2)=4% of normal pot +2% of pot bonus

Payout for 2vs2
1st=45% of normal pot +20% of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +12% of pot bonus
3rd=15% of normal pot +8% of pot bonus
4th=10% of normal pot +4% of pot bonus
5th(x2)=2.5% of normal pot +1% of pot bonus

Payout for Mid+Low Tier 1vs1 and 2vs2
1st=50%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%

* Any KNOWN player that is a MetaKnight ONLY main(Tyrant/M2k/Anti/Dojo.....ect) that feels brave enough to come to WHOBO 4 will be allowed to enter 1vs1/2vs2 for FREE. You must pay for venue fee though.

* All players who are owed money due to payout/pot bonus will be sent a check or money order a week to 2 weeks from the tournament date.

The Unity Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032
Remember, this event is POST Apex 3 so that means METAKNIGHT IS BANNED. Time to start EARNING your wins instead of STEALING stocks from innocent children.

I need about 30-50 full set-ups to run this event perfectly. If you bring a FULL SET-UP(wii/tv(no flat screens)/ssbb) to WHOBO 4, ill let you into a side event of your choice for FREE. Setups determine the speed of an event so PLEASE help me out.

Courtyard Houston by the Galleria
2900 Sage Road
Houston, TX 77056

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria >> King Room

Courtyard Houston by The Galleria >> Queen-Queen Room

I have worked out a deal with the hotel above^ to get you guys a HEAVILY discounted rate for Friday(Aug 3rd), Saturday(Aug 4th) and Sunday(Aug 5th). Its 95$ a night(normally 105$)+FREE parking(normally 15$)+ one FREE breakfast(normally 12$). To get a hold of this special deal please call 1-800-321-2211(or click the links above) and tell them you are part of the 'WHOBO 4" group and you would like the discounted rooms. This deal lasts until July 20th so PLEASE do not be a poo poo head and wait till the last minute because i GUARANTEE you they will be gone long before July 20th.

And because i KNOW lots of you will NOT listen to the above^ advice, here are some alternatives to housing.......v v v v v v v

OPTION 1: Make posts in this thread and Houston players can probably house you. I know for a fact that Sync=(713)-201-8338 is notorious for housing here in Houston. OOS players have priority when it comes to housing. Beware, Sync may charge a small fee for housing.

OPTION 2: Go to http://www.hotels.com and type in the address to WHOBO 4 and it will find you ALL the hotels(from dirt cheap to mega expensive) in a 20 mile radius of the WHOBO 4 venue. DO THIS ASAP OR YOU RISK THE CHANCE AT HAVING THE ROOMS ALREADY FILLED.

OPTION 3: Find out who is staying in a hotel and offer to help pay for some of the cost. By doing that, you get housing AND its cheaper for everybody involved. I highly recommend this.

OPTION 4: http://www.couchsurfing.org/ this site allows you to find free housing from people all around the usa(in this case, you want houston ). However, you will not know who the person is untill you arrive at their house(you can call them ahead of time if u need to). There have been several smashers who done this and reported back saying it was an AWESOME experience. Its 99.99% safe but take caution just in case.

1. WHOBO 4 trailer brought to you by airbrushking.net. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5xiYrio-8

2. If you have any questions or comments, please post here or PM me. If that does not work, please call/text me at 409-692-0697 (leave a message if i don't answer), email me at was7x@hotmail.com (put "WHOBO 4" in the title)

3. Here are the results of WHOBO 1, WHOBO 2 and WHOBO 3 in case you wanna see some WHOBO history.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271027
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12390578

4. Please bring your 3DS. I wanna Street Pass till i have a heart attack.

5. From my exp, the cheapest plane tickets can be found on Orbitz, Priceline and HotWire. Remember, try to arrive and depart on a WEEKDAY(mon-thurs) so that you can get even LOWER rates.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(((Whobo 4 Announcement)))

I will be sponsoring a 50$ pot bonus to the pot along with a custom airbrush Whobo 4 T-shirt to 1st place singles winner only. If you havent pre-ordered your Whobo 4 merchandise click on the T-shirt image below to do so. All merchandise is for a limited time only and will be available for pickup at Whobo 4. If you have any questions post or pm me. Lets get HYPE!

Xyro77

*Change log*

Jan 26th=thread created.
Jan 26th=edited prices/payout for MK users
Jan 26th=added potential cheap flying ideas
Jan 26th=added FaceBook group
Jan 27th=added 88$ pot bonus
Jan 29th=added pot bonus payout %s
Feb 1st=online registration goes live
Feb 9th=added hotel ResiLinks
Feb 9th=added whobo 4 posters
Feb 14th=added 200$ pot bonus
Feb 14th=added WHOBO 4 trailer
May 13th= added 250$ pot bonus
May 13th=reg has been frozen at 40 per person
May 27th= added 100$ to pot bonus

Xyro77

what happen to anime matsuri
After last year, i decided to do my own thing. I was sick of relying on AM to get badges/tables/chairs....ect. Cool thing is, AM had a 55$ venue fee. This place only requires 30$.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Wait, I just looked at the address, and I used to live like within walking distance of this place, gonna talk to my old roommates, hype.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Melee side event and I'm there

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
A WHOBO with a date that I can reasonably make? Time to start looking for excuses.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Illmatic I would stop you, watch out son

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is at Dave and Busters!
The arcade is sooo much fun here.

Amazing national venue.

Denti

Smash Master
The tournament is not during spring break..? : O That's new.

I'm hyped for this.

I want a hotel room. Anybody interested? I would house with Sync but... there will not even be floor space to sleep comfortably >.> And the hotel is near the venue. PM me if you're interested

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is everything I could ever want in a national.

1) Metaknight banned
2) Mid tier + Low tier 1v1 Bracket
3) Mid tier + Low tier 2v2 Bracket
4) Extremely fun arcade venue
5) Tons of food options

sweet!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Mid Tiers stuff?

Definitely going to try to come to this

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Can I use Pikachu in mid-tiers? We all know he's a bad character, please?

Top Bottom