• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO 2! Full results are up! VIDS ARE UP! IT TOOK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

judge!

Smash Ace
gj ally. ill give u your reward when u come stay at my house again =)

Allied

Smash Master
Dat homo^^^

good job atomsk and ally <333 **** texas :3

good job @ xyro for thosting ! :D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol, look guy I don't play that game anymore. B+ is outdated and thus doesn't need my attention. Don't get butt hurt cause I beat you once with Zelda+
The amount of fail in this post is preposterous. GG being a scrub and dodging out of friendlies. Instead of being a jerk and avoiding people, you could of be respectful and told me in my face. I wanted to play you because I used to consider you one of smash buds. Not because you beat me...like once out of multiple times that we've played in the past. Like seriously. Way to be a douche. Jesus christ.

Wait that was Neko guy? lmao. I hope you got enough data to nerf Wario, all I did was spamming UP AIRS without trying. can't wait for next V. but ggs lol.
Hahaha. That was me yeah. Wario doesn't need to be nerfed. You do. GGs in our money match and Good **** with GFs and LTs.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Definitely the funnest tournament/weekend ever. The anime convention itself was SO GOOD.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This tourney was the most fun I've had in a long time. It actually made me care about Brawl for a moment...

Good stuff everyone. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if anybody has pics/vids of whobo. please PM them to me so i can put them on the front page. and would you guys post shout outs?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I timed out Trela in Pools and Fogo in Bracket.

I did it for the swag.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
It's a shame to see a smaller turnout than last year, but as long as everyone had fun it doesn't matter so much.

I think we may be jumping the gun on whether or not Brawl is dying since we still have the summer just around the corner.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
My Denton crew: im glad we were all able to make it, makes the event 10x better to have people to hang out with 90% of the time.

Brett: we will be the best team to not use GW, MK, Wario, etc. I swear it. derp.
Khaoz: It's BS that you didn't get out of pools, leave it to a random campy pit to **** up things.
MorningStar, Zigsta: Dont worry about it guys, everyone gets crappy pools once in a while. You are both good players.

1: Ally==:snake: I regret not doing any matches with you =\
2: M2K(empire/DA)==:metaknight: ****ing **** me more please
3: Dojo==:metaknight: My boy! Making me proud against the Florida Fiend!
4: Atomsk :metaknight:/:dedede:/:popo: "lets go mew2king!" *looks at Texas' stern faces of disgust* "... Ya, that's right, **** you guys!" hahahaha, that was priceless man
5: UlimateRazer==:snake: Timmy, timmy, timmy... shoulda let me pinch the cheeks for good luck
5: Gnes==:diddy: You know what's funny? in the 2 years we've known each other, ive NEVER played your diddy in a 1v1 wtf
7: Lee Martin==:metaknight:/:lucario: SUPER gay
7: Fliphop==:diddy: a pleasure as always
9: RoyR==:marth: You inspire me to continue being an aggro marth. Our games were fun
9: Ozz==:falco: HOLY ****ING ****!!!! I saw you vs espy, when did you get so good???
9: DMG==:metaknight:/:wario: gay as always bobbeh
9: Trela==:lucario: NOPE
13: Espy==:sonic: nice bathroom chat
13: Bear==:metaknight: I shoulda known to ban RC over BF, but it honestly didnt occur to me. Good set, my dark friend.
13: Dphat==:metaknight: you BI for stealing my friendly with m2k but at least you lost money >:3
17: Esca==:metaknight:/:pit: Rep that beaumont, son. I miss you guys.
17: Jerm==:toonlink: always a pleasure
17: Zori==:olimar: olimar is gay
17: Rockettrainer==:lucario: same as jerm
17: takeurlife==:marth: DUDE!!! you beat Inui in pools for 1st seed??? then you choked round 1 in brackets?? hahaha you suck
17: Fogo==:dedede: It's always hella fun to be hype in the audience with you lol
17: San==:ike: Fun matches, i regret choking in r2 because i wanted to play you more, but its all good. Thanks for taking a trip down to Texas and hanging out with us. AND WAY TO GIVE ALLY'S FALCON THE ****
25: Broly==:marth: ill learn to play gayer in marth dittos. Also, your motor-upgrade is ****ing PRO! :D
25: Dakpo==:zerosuitsamus: we never played, but i looked over a few times and saw you wrecking shop, ill be sure to MM you or something next time
25: GreyFox86==:falco:/:zelda: What on earth possessed you to MM me for 20$ in blaz??? hahaha, it was really fun though, bro. Keep it up and we will make this game popular
25: Furiousduffman==:gw:/:wario: good games bud, i hate that we had to fight so early, you deserved higher that 25th.
25: shadow==:toonlink: Yup, i went TOO defensive in r3, but i just HATE the super gay campiness of toon, so it was the option i chose. I still outplaced you though :) gg's bud
25: Bored==:ike: I look forward to playing you when you are at 100%, im not gonna count those friendlies as anything more than friendlies. Until next time bud
33: Burrito==:snake: ****ING YES BAIR TO BEAT TEAM SUPER GAY!!!!!
33: JNig==:wario: fun friendlies, i hate wario :)
33: Ice==:snake: wtf stop almost losing friendlies to scrub zeldas
33: K Prime==:pikachu2: GJ repping texas in low tier doubles man, you make us proud.
33: Phoenix Alpha==:lucas: all you need is that shirt, son.
33: Nike 20==:marth: always a pleasure
33: Slaps==:ike: xyro:"slaps, you have a teams match" slaps:"IM IN A MONEY MATCH ILL BE THERE IN A SECOND!!!!!" ahahahahhaha too pro
33: Vorgy=:snake: i love you no homo, top 10 favorite smashers of all times
33: Denti==:olimar: oli is super homo, but no johns, ill learn the matchup.
33: Battousai== wtf allan, battou plays marth and peach!
49: Kalo==:falco:/:wolf: wtf stop choking in pools when you are about to take a match off of me
49: Nachos (Forfeit): GET *****
49: Inui==:metaknight:/:ganondorf: lol those low tier matches on livestream were fun
49: Jon==:olimar:/:marth: keep practicing, your olimar will be as super homo as denti and zori's eventually
49: Xyro== Thanks for hosting this buddeh, im gonna miss you bad when you finally retire for keeps =/
49: Tree== :shiek:/:zelda: Fun friendlies, sheik is soooooo awkward!!!
49: Panty== Close teams matches, i super underestimated you two.
61-107: pool players: GET *****

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MLG has huge potential to kill or revitalize Brawl. The first event... honestly doesn't look that appealing for Brawl's health lol. Afterwards everything might look better though.

Broly

Smash Lord
Most FUN EVER.

Shoutouts

M2K- Thanks for the friendlies, I will continue to work at getting better.
Ally- Great set we had yesterday. I cant kill that last stock, lol. GJ winning 1st.
Dojo- GJ reppin texas. you'll find the way to win bro. keep at it.
Razer- Nice seeing you again, you played great.
Gnes- Awesome set you had with Ally. just be patient.
DMG- i love you timing out trela in pools. i LOL'd hard.
Royr- WTF with SD'ing twice? Great seeing you man, I now acknowledge you much more superior than i am.
Rocketrainer- Great stuff i our matches. I SUMMONED SHY GUY to beat you.
Fonz- Good matches we had. Sorry for tauunting in livestream, i was pissed bout last set.
Jerm- I cant beat you, will never beat you. we've played prolly 10 sets, n ive lost everyone. From now on, ill call you the Handicap Killer. Great job wrecking me.
Hyro, Esca, Kates- Great chillin with ya'll after the tourny. Ravin was fking fun.
Dphat- Great seeing you, n thx 4 spotting me 3 dollars.
Xyro- Another great tourny you threw. I had so much fun this tourny. I know ya like my strip for ya. And thx for finding my phone

I love everyone at this tourny and i am so glad the brawl scene is still there to give me great experiences.

Suspect

Smash Hero
This is Suspect just incase anyone didn't know. I didn't enter any of the events cause I dont care to much about brawl, but I did play alot of friendlies. I used to tag FROST. So good games to everyone I played. Nice seeing everyone again. :)

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
49: Jon==:olimar:/:marth: keep practicing, your olimar will be as super homo as denti and zori's eventually
Thanks for the recognition; this was the first tournament I've ever gone to, so I had no idea how things worked. I hope I do better next time, because I think the nerves got to me or something this time around. That, and I do plan on getting better for when that time comes.

Too bad I got in on this when Xyro is about to retire eventually. These events really are fun.

Thanks, Trela, for pestering me into joining this event. :p

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Had a blast this weekend. I am really glad I came down for this. I learned a **** ton about smash and learned a lot about matchups. I didn't do as well as I would have liked to in singles but no Johns I just need to step my game up!

Lee - Thanks for all the advice as always great hanging with you I learned a lot from our matches.
Trela/RT - Nice job and thanks for the friendlies you guys are too good.
PhantomX - Awesome meeting you was really fun hanging with you and I will definitely work on my smash DI lol. Ganon is the best!
Broly - lol no worries I wasn't mad or anything and you definitely wrecked me, I need to either pick up a new character for marth or learn the match-up but good stuff.
Dphat - I wasn't going to let you plank me hahaha.
Xyro - Very well run tournament. Great Samus, I really enjoyed our sets. I wish you had done singles bracket saturday morning though. But everything was really well ran Congratulations and I hope to return to another one of your tournaments sometime soon.
RoyR/Gnes/Razer/Dojo/Jerm - thanks for the friendlies/MM's I'm glad I finally got to play you guys.

Player-4 - Thanks for teaming with me, I really appreciate it. I had a lot of fun and I hope you did as well. Thanks again keep improving you have good potential for sure.
Hylian - Thanks for doing LT teams with me we had some nice games hahaha. Fun hanging with you for sure.

I hope to return to a texas tournament here in the future, but it will most likely be the next WHOBO if there is one lol. I depleted most of my cash funds to come to this so hopefully I can save up to return next year or possibly sooner. You guys should come visit Ohio sometime and check out our tournaments!!

Texas is too good.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Ally - I loved the chance to play your Falcon in tournament. That first match was one of the closest I've played in a LONG time, and it definitely got my heart pounding. If you've got any advice for me, I'd welcome it with open arms

M2K - I enjoyed our two MMs. I've never seen someone adapt as well as you did in such a short amount of time. You basically learned ALL of my tricks after game 2 or 3 and I had to invent new stuff on the spot to rack up damage and get the kills; I loved the games.

Razer - You still haven't played me with your Snake :< I'll corner you some time.

Lee - Love ya to death man. Just wish I didn't have you in my pool. Good luck with Diddy if you continue with him.

RoyR - Enjoyed the low-tier matches. Didn't get to play your Marth this time, but here's to next time.

Trela - Stop avoiding me :<

Espy - Wish we could have played a few more games. One was nice, but it didn't give me a chance to learn your play style to make the matches more interesting. Keep reppin' Sonic man.

DPhat - Enjoyed the doubles games; wish we could have played some one on one.

Jerm - Next time you have to face me first round in low-tiers, you raise hell to Xyro because it's not fair for a player of your level to have to go against me now twice in a row in the first round.

San - What can I say? You're really, really good man. I am just honored that I was able to take one game off of you (even though we played around 15 or so) and that I got put into losers by you. Congrats on winning low-tiers; you deserve it and I hope we can play again in the future.

Hyro - Lrn2fightFox kthxbai

Dakpo - Enjoyed the games man. I hope I didn't make Yoshi too annoying for you =)

Polt - I loved meeting you man. Bummer we had to face each other in low-tiers, but that's life. Keep reppin' Yoshi because I know you will do great in the future (I have a new rival, heh)

Bored - Get back into the game man. I wanna get ***** by you like you did to me last October in low-tiers.

Burrito - Thanks for letting us stay in the hotel with you guys. Try not to kill M2K with a TV next time though =P

Ice - Nice Snake man. Wish I didn't have you in my pool, but good couple of games regardless.

Johrune - Eh, I'll talk to you in person =P

Magik - I'll never forget your face when I edge-guarded your Ivysaur at 22% and you just turned and stared at me like I shot your dog. I enjoyed our games immensely.

Tyson - Your Ness/Lucas are stupidly good. I underestimated you in our pool and that cost me severely. Best of luck to you in the future man.

Xyro - BIIIIIIIIITCH We didn't play our MM =( Too bad, I was looking to get $5 from you.

Zigsta - Enjoyed teaming with you man. You're one of the nicest guys I've met and I just wish Yoshi/Bowser were a better team, heh. Good luck with PT =)

Tallman - **** happens in tourneys man. You deserved to place a lot higher than you did. I enjoyed our doubles matches a lot.

Phantom X - Enjoyed the doubles games and the nice words. We need to play singles next time.

If I forgot anyone that i played (other than you Kirby because yeah...) yell at me =)

Loved the tourney Xyro.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll post up shout outs soon. Long weekend was long.

However:

Ozz: Sorry if I sounded like I was a douche after our matches. Felt like an *******. I just needed to vent my frustration about the difficulty of that match up. All in all though, I'm kinda glad that you won. Mostly because I feel like I've been getting an ego lately, and losing brought me back down to earth. I'm still so glad I got top 20, which was my initial goal to begin with. I'm also glad that you seem to know the match up, and why it's so difficult on my end.

It's perfect, because when I stomp you the next time that we play, you'll have no excuse. :p
Good games, my dude.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Had tons of fun this tourney! I really feel like I definitely leveled up this tournament, despite not getting out of pools. Thanks a ton Xyro for hosting!

To muh Denton peeps: I'm glad we decided to come. You guys keep my head on straight when it comes to playing this game and not feel like complete trash for not getting out of pools. Happy with our rooming investment too...

Takeurlife: Stop scaring off the Blazblue competition the night before the tournament, bruh! haha. Good stuff with your placement though! Brett and I are still working to slowly decrease the gap between us. We'll get there.

Brett: No insanely hard chokes this tourney! haha. But I am now going to fully acknowledge the fact that you are indeed better than me at this game. I've got too much work in it to do, as far as tourney play goes. (LEARN TO PLAY LIKE SAN! >=O ) haha

1: Ally- Never got to play you but gj taking this tourney. You seem like a pretty cool dude.

2: M2K(empire/DA)- Thanks for the MM/Friendlies. I completely DISAGREE with the random rumors I use to hear about you, not being very friendly/cool. I had tonz of fun playing with you. MK+Sonic spring gimmiks = too pro, your majesty.ha

3: Dojo- You're getting scary better. Wanted you to beat m2k super bad. nice job taking 3rd though!

4: Atomsk- ugh...your match against Dojo was probably the first time I've cheered against an IC player. you're just as good as they say. hope to get a match in in the future.

5: UlimateRazer- I want a friendly nice time bruh.

5: Gnes- Wish you wouldve taken that set from Ally >_<. but your diddy,as usual, is scary good. you're a pretty cool dude too. friendlies next time?

7: Lee Martin- It was good finally getting to meet you. Had fun in our matches (until your completely TL ***** me.haha.)

7: Fliphop- never got to play or talk to you really, but I enjoy watching your diddy.

9: RoyR- Your marth is scary good. Every match I watched you play some moment of **** happened.

9: Ozz- Fun friendlies. You're a really good player.Nice CF. Sonic vs Falco next time?

9: DMG- Funny as always. Dude your commentary was hilarious when I was around to hear it. haha. Fun stuff against your randoms against me and Brett on the livestream too.haha

9: Trela- Never played you, but I hear you're pretty solid.

13: Espy- Stop falling asleep everywhere, bruh.haha.but Glad to FINALLY meet you! We never got to have a steakmatch though. =(. You're still what I inspire my sonic to reach one day. GJ at this tourney.

13: Bear- Cool and Chill as usual. Grape Soda > Purple/Grape drank > Grape Juice

13: Dphat- As always, fun to hang out with. GJ at this tourney.

17: Esca- Never got to play you, but Take tells me you're a pretty solid pit. friendlies next time?

17: Jerm- Haha, I just realized that EVERYTIME I watched you play, I was rooting for your opponent. lol. But you have a really good TL from what I've heard and witnessed myself.

17: Zori- ugh Olimar =/. haha jk. GGs in the matches I saw man.

17: Rockettrainer- GGs in Pools man. Choked super hard, but no johns. You're the better player. it was nice meeting you.

17: Fogo- Hype yet chill at the same time.haha. as usual, it was fun chillin with you.

17: San- I've always heard Brett talk about how good your Ike was how he would try things that he's seen 'San do', but you definitely lived up to it. I hardly took a stock off of you, a match up I pretty much play everyday O_O. But you're a really cool dude. thanks for the extra gas money. Definitely hope to hang again in the future.

17: Hylian- IC DITTOS!!!! haha. As usual, GGs. I'm going to learn that stupid IC vs Sonic matchup eventually... My Nana definitely leveled up after that Up smash kill on the stream though. :p haha.

25: Broly- I enjoyed watching your marth. haha. good stuff at the rave xD

25: GreyFox86- Nice finally getting to meet you! Super fun Sonic Dittos and low tier team friendlies. Stop taking my chairs/mics >=(. haha.

25: Furiousduffman- You're way better than this placement. I want to play you next time.

25: Bored- Good seeing you again. You owe me a Double Chocolate Chip Muffin! >=(

33: Fonz- Really good Ganon.

33: Ice-WTF with that pic? haha.

33: K Prime- Really cool pika from what I saw.

33: Phoenix Alpha- BEST LUCAS ALIVE!? haha. Pokemon Puzzle league MM in the future?

33: Nike 20- It was really cool meeting you. Thanks for all the advice in the marth matchup. It really did help. Hope to see you again. (PS...Rave?)

33: Slaps- You're getting better and better. seriously. Keep at it man. Dont worry about that Inui match...

33: Denti- ASDFHJKDSDH!!!! STUPID OLIMAR!! haha. GGs man. I'm coming to get my dollar back! >=)

49: Don- GGs in Pools...

49: Tyson-GJ in the games I watch you in! Cool dude to be around as usual.

49: Inui- Fun stuff in our friendlies on the stream. MM my Sawnikz next time?

49: Xyro- once again, super thanks for hosting this again!

T-Rex- you run fast IRL =O

Cross- Sucks about pools =(. We'll get out next time. GGs.

Kates- you disappeared afterwards,Waffle! =O. haha. remember those manly quotes I told you about....haha.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
This was a great tournament and I was surprised we got 107 entrants considering that we had many regular attendees not show up for this. Also Certain players from Dallas, Oklahoma, Kansas, NM, RGV, LA, West Coast and Florida, Midwest did not show up and we still had a great turnout. The tourny also ran well and on time, considering we had 4 events. Xyro had the right attitude for the tourny, got things done, DQ'd late people and told Inui to stfu when needed be.

Shouts, in results order:

1: Ally== Friendlies were fun, and you are so patient its incredible. Your mixup game is incredible as well.
2: M2K(empire/DA)== We didn't play but good stuff vs Dojo
3: Dojo== Really wanted to play you since we never do, but there's always a next time. Props for keeping TX up high.
4: Atomsk // - Very friendly guy and your sets vs Gnes and Razer were legit. It was nice talking to you, hope to see you whenever.
5: UlimateRazer== GJ in the Snake dittos with ally.
5: Gnes== GJ in doubles and work on that MK matchup son...and you always make beating Roy look so easy :/
7: Lee Martin==/ - Thanks for the friendlies, GJ beating flip finally! lol
7: Fliphop== - Diddy is now my 2nd hardest matchup.... F U
9: RoyR==Glad to see your back to 100%, our double falcon is too ****
9: DMG==/ Like dojo, I never get to play you. Someday
9: Trela== Another houston bro placing high, you always **** the OOS players lol
13: Dao== AiB nerd won't read this but GJ beating some pros in the losers bracket man, you will make the PR eventually.
13: Espy== Very great set we had there, unfortunately if played correctly sonic has few options vs falco
13: Bear== Your wii is sooooooooo sexy, thanks for recording vids too
13: Dphat== - Thanks for the mm, MK has become my fave matchup and i slay MKs now :)
17: Esca==/ - You were soooooooo blown when i was leaving on Sat. haha..
17: Jerm== GJ getting over your Snake block and beating ice
17: Zori== Sorry we had to play... Olimar is frustrating :/. thanks for the advice though.
17: Rockettrainer== - Thanks for the rides and great job on helping Allan out.
17: takeurlife== - Friggin gimped Inui's MK......wow
17: Fogo== - Always great to see you and you did good vs Atomsk
17: Hylian== Fun set in LT
25: Hyro== see Esca
25: Furiousduffman==/ El paso sooooooo legit in teams, wow
33: Burrito== Fun MM, and amazing job in teams as well.
33: Fonz== Thanks for the MM, even though you didn't pay up, Its ok cause I just wanted to play your Lucario :p
49: Tyson== You learned the MU quick and ***** me game 3 in LT... maybe I need to pick up another character vs Lucas lol. Or rely on more falcon pawnches.
49: Kalo==/ GJ
49: Inui==/ See Dphat
Zigsta: Great PT, and like the same level as Magik. You had me scared the first match of our pool set but I got that LL off the 2nd match :). Really nice guy and your bowser did awesome vs. Burrito.
P4: It sucks that you didn't make it out of pools but I still see a lot of potential in you, keep at it.
Brettster: Your Ike is crazy and I enjoyed our set.
Smoom: You had a hard pool but you still did well.
Tallman: Great job with the vids and nice seeing you as always.
T-Rex, 3000 and Stiltz: It was great seeing you Houston Originals again :)

Taking a break til summer so I can focus on school, but I miiight be at the May hobo.

Edit:

@Espy: Hm? Didn't sense any douche baggery from you after the set. I just heard you saying you hate Falco is all lol, and yeah I hope we can play again in the future.

@Khaoz: Yeah we will. I was just playing falcon to get warmed up for LTs.

Top Bottom