• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Working on a guide for choosing a main and need your help!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Hello there!

With the Smash scene growing and many more new players still to come, I though I would make a little guide highlighting each characters strengths and specialties, to help anyone take their first step into competitive Smash, or for anyone contemplating picking up another to their personal roster!

The main dilemma I have is I don't main EVERYONE in P:M, nor am I a self-proclaimed Smash genius. So, I thought I'd ask you guys, the experts to your respective mains! If you could help me out by filling out a few lines of info for me, I'll be collecting the data and responses during the week and compiling them. Once it's all collected, I'll release the guide (somewhere on the boards, not sure yet...). So if you could take a few minutes to help, I would really appreciate it!

Pros: Strengths and advantages of this character!

Cons: Weaknesses and disadvantages!

Character Specifics to Learn: Techniques exclusive to only this character (example: Squirtle's shell abilities)

Similar To: Characters that play similar to this one or have a similar strategy.

Secondaries that Compliment: A secondary character that covers certain weaknesses the main has.

(Optional) Best video example of this character in action.

Cheers!

(Sorry if you see this thread posted in multiple character forums, I find the best way to gather info is to ask directly!)

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Pros:
- great aerials
- hard to combo
- bair
- rest
- amazing at comboing
- great at juggling
- grabs lead to kills
- very patient
- great against characters with bad recovery
- amazing recovery
- pound is used for mixups, setups and recovery

Cons:
- insanely easy to kill
- very small range
- most characters have good recovery
- rest is hard to set up against a good player and is beyond risky
- no projectiles
- outclassed by Pit and Kirby
- can't do much besides string together very weak attacks
- too many bad MUs to be an effective main
- very few good MUs to be an effective secondary
- easy to eat up his many jumps
- slow
- easy to zone and camp with projectiles
- average if not mediocre ground game
- bad pressure
- shield burst leads to automatic KO
- no recovery up special move
- many very situational or downright useless attacks
- overall not worth picking up

Character specific techs:
- rest setups
- Wall of Pain
- ledge canceled Sing

Similar To:
- Pit
- Kirby
- Pichu lol

Secondaries:
- Link

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Also forgot to mention crouch cancel just beats her and Rising Pound technique. I really need help with more secondaries too.

Top Bottom