• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Working at a Grocery Store

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
So I've been working at a grocery store for a while now and the pay is really good, but the job itself sucks. This is only my second job that's not volunteer work or a school work program and I kinda...dislike a lot about it. I manage the parking lot, which means I make sure there's no trash around and bring the shopping carts back into the store. Easy, right? Imagine doing nothing but pushing ****ing shopping carts for 6 hours a day. What do you think that'd do to your back and your energy? My coworker doesn't show up half the time and gets easily distracted when he does, and standing outside all day means I'm always at nature's mercy. It's not Hell, but it comes very close to that.

Rant over. I just needed to get this off my chest. Are most jobs like this, or is it just retail? If you have any advice, feel free to comment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oof, man.

I've had back issues too, though ironically carts are the easiest, as they keep my back straight. But it's still very tiring.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
Spam
Ltflol!

[][][][]

boxes posted because needed further letters to post.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Obviously not all of us have this luxury but if you’re working a job in something like retail or fast food where you don’t like or connect with your co-workers it’s probably a good idea to start looking for a new one, believe me working will always be ****ty but shifts can be a lot less ****ty if you’re around people you get along with

Top Bottom