• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodbridge, Virginia Friendly Smash Meet at Flashback Comics and Games

BMX

Smash Lord
We should make a list of whos coming. We wouldnt want for just 2 people showing up and wasting hours.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gonna be able to make it to the next few meetups probably :/
I'll hopefully start showing up consistantly late June/Early July hopefully :/

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
I won't be there tomorrow, an unfortunate Mother's Day commitment with the step family. Work is keeping me from playing at all recently, I was really looking forward to being able to practice again with you guys.

Giizmo

Smash Rookie
Will be stopping by right after work on the 17th, I get off at 1:30 and will probably be there around 2-2:30.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
SURVEY TIME.
<:4falcon:SHOW YOUR MOVES:4falcon:>
WHAT OTHER DAY(S) OF THE WEEK WOULD WORK BEST FOR YOUR SCHEDULE TO HAVE ANOTHER MEET?

I'm likely going to add another day to the schedule so that's the biggest question.

How is Sunday working for everyone and does everyone feel comfortable with the venue?

I want to make sure our environment is the best it can be and I have some cool ideas to enhance the experience by making it more inviting, visible, and accommodating.

Would you like to be more involved with the planning, organization, and outreach of our group?

We've had some great sessions so far and I know this can grow into whatever we imagine it to if we continue to team up and invest our collective creativity, resources, and social outreach.

Some key areas I'm looking for help in are:
-Social media outreach/promotion (facebook admins, general word of mouth, street team tactics, etc.)
-Documentation/Streaming (youtube, twitch, instagram) @ SpicyMango SpicyMango I see you on youtube my dude, what's good??
-Ideas, ideas, ideas. Our greatest resource is our own imagination. Combined with work ethic and action we can make anything happen!

You can message me here if you'd like to get more involved, approach me at the next meet, contact me at my current email:
danieltimothyhoward@gmail.com or reach out and add me on facebook at:
  • facebook.com/danieltimothyhoward

I'm excited to hear your feedback and continue to grow with everyone, thanks to everyone that's been coming out and supporting so far let's keep it going! <:4falcon:/SHOW YOUR MOVES:4falcon:>

Last edited:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Hey so @ OluGhost OluGhost my little brother ( @ET[Wallop] ) is buying a capture card for his own use, and next time we come down we can bring it with us, if you want us to. We can probably bring a laptop to use it with also.

Last edited:

Espii

Smash Rookie
I would like to attend these events. When is the next one? I'm able to attend on most weekends.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I would like to attend these events. When is the next one? I'm able to attend on most weekends.
Next meetup should be this Sunday, if I can make it I hope to see you there friend!
This is mostly a weekly event taking place every Sunday, for future reference.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
@ E Espii The next session is Sunday 5/17 12pm noon-5pm. The very first post of this thread has the full schedule for this month and more details that should answer most of the questions you might have. If there's anything else you want to know that's not explained feel free to ask me or post your questions, we're all friendly here!

SpicyMango

Smash Rookie
Hey guys so I thought we could use a logo to really help spread the word around Woodbridge and I made a quick one, if any of you have suggestions to make it better then please let me know but here's what I came up with!:D

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Hey guys so I thought we could use a logo to really help spread the word around Woodbridge and I made a quick one, if any of you have suggestions to make it better then please let me know but here's what I came up with!:D
That's sick. But maybe you should make space for the schedule perhaps?

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
That looks dope man. I just put that bad boy on the front page as the banner. Tomorrow we should tell the store to make some flyers with this.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Hey so @ OluGhost OluGhost my little brother ( @ET[Wallop] ) is buying a capture card for his own use, and next time we come down we can bring it with us, if you want us to. We can probably bring a laptop to use it with also.
That could definitely come in use, awesome man. Bring it! We can have a main set up to record friendly matches on and if we have at least enough for a tournament we can have that on deck to capture those matches as well.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
That could definitely come in use, awesome man. Bring it! We can have a main set up to record friendly matches on and if we have at least enough for a tournament we can have that on deck to capture those matches as well.
I will absolutely bring it next time I come, which will not be tomorrow due to personal reasons.
I plan to make it to the meet up on the 24th, and hopefully all them past that, so I should be there with the capture card then.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
Good turnout today, great to see so many familiar faces. Good games, everyone.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
So we have this Sunday listed as a tournament day. What kind of turnout can we expect with it being Memorial Day Weekend?

If not a lot of players show, it might be better to just have another open session. There is also the tournament in Fredericksburg at the end of the month, which would be cool for us to attend.

If we are anticipating a tournament crowd this coming Sunday, it would be nice if we could have someone else commit to bringing a setup in addition to myself and Deo. Actually, another setup would be nice even for just a practice session so we can make sure everyone gets some good time in preparation for Fredericksburg. I'll try to show up either way this Sunday.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Hey guys, the Fredericksburg tournament "Smash Haven at Sage Mantis Game Haven" is this Sunday but the Flashback store will still be open if you can't make the trip down to Fburg. The store can provide at least their one HDTV and Wii U set up, please come prepared with your own gear if you can as more set ups aren't always guaranteed!

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
We do still meet most Sundays, barring holiday weekends. Most discussion has moved to a public Facebook page, things are a little bit easier and Smashboards itself has been pretty dead lately.

Princess Titania

Smash Rookie
I'd be interested in coming to these meet ups! But I don't use Facebook, so you'll have to give me some details. When's your next session going to be? And is the store in the original post still the right location? I'm very new to Smash 4 but studying hard and learning fast, so I'd really love having some experienced players to practice with.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
The next session will be tomorrow, Sunday August 2nd, from noon - 5:30PM. The venue s still the same, $4 table fee if you play.

We'll be practicing with the new update in preparation for SmashCon. We might also spend a bit of time specifically working on doubles. Please bring a setup if you're able.

See you tomorrow!

Princess Titania

Smash Rookie
Sounds great; I already had reason to get some doubles practice regardless. I can bring a Wii U and the game, so if someone can come with a spare TV we can create a setup between us?

Top Bottom