• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woodbridge, Virginia Friendly Smash Meet at Flashback Comics and Games

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943

may smash calendar 2015.jpg

Summary:
Friendly Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS session at Flashback Game Shop. Table fee $4 Per player.

-Details-
WHO?

I'm Daniel, I also go by Deo. I'm setting up this low key, open invitation session up with some friends. If you want some positive vibes, fun, and smash bros. this is the spot for you.

WHAT?
This is an open friendly play session for anyone who wants to come out and play the newest Super Smash Bros., meet other players, make some friends, and hang out. We'll have at least one main set up and more set ups are welcome and encouraged.

WHEN?
The top line of this post will be edited and refreshed with the time and date of each future planned session. Keep checking the thread as times and dates are subject to change!

WHERE?
The Game Shop Space at Flashback Comics and Games
(The Game Shop is behind the Comic Shop in the same business center, in a separate space/building directly behind it.)
The address for the comic store is:
3062 P.s. Buisiness Center Drive
Woodbridge VA 22192

WHY?
The goal is to build up the smash community in the Woodbridge area and connect players here and all around us in a positive way. I love video games and especially Super Smash Bros., I'm really excited and am looking forward to making this experience as fun as we can.

Hope to play with you soon!
-Daniel

"Smash at Flashback" Banner by @ SpicyMango SpicyMango

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Any chance project m will be played here? This is my closest scene and I have a 3DS but I'm just curious about PM :)
Sounds cool
Hey Neymarvin,
We mainly played Smash 4 Wii U, with a couple of 3DS matches on the side. If you can provide or bring someone who can provide a Project M set up (Wii with PM loaded on SD, TV) you are welcome to get a table going. The fee there is $4 a person for whatever game you bring in to set up and play. Message me if you need help setting up, or have any questions and I'll do what I can to help you out my man.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Hey Neymarvin,
We mainly played Smash 4 Wii U, with a couple of 3DS matches on the side. If you can provide or bring someone who can provide a Project M set up (Wii with PM loaded on SD, TV) you are welcome to get a table going. The fee there is $4 a person for whatever game you bring in to set up and play. Message me if you need help setting up, or have any questions and I'll do what I can to help you out my man.
I have a setup. I can bring it.
Thank you based Deo

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
The next session is planned for Sunday March 8 1pm-5pm.

I was really glad to see more players as well as familiar faces come out this past Sunday. We had some really good matches. Shout out to @TheKingWalnut giving everybody a hard time with Villager and his tree of fear.

I'm going to try out hosting this once every two weeks. In between I'll be attending some tournaments, and continuing to reach out to players in the area with the goal of assessing the interest for holding a tournament here in Woodbridge and connecting more people in the community.

Thanks @ Zebkeet Zebkeet @ Neymarvin Neymarvin @PyroTakun and again @TheKingWalnut for showing early interest and motivating me to host this. Keep looking out for updates and as always I'm here for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

-Deo

Last edited:

pinemach

Smash Rookie
I'd love to show up if I can work out transportation. And, if I do, I can bring a Project M setup sans TV.

Last edited:

pinemach

Smash Rookie
Hey if you need a ride let us know where you'd be coming from and I'll see what I can do to help out.
I'm hoping I'll be able to bribe a friend for a ride but if it doesn't pan out I'll definitely be taking you up on that.

Last edited:

pinemach

Smash Rookie
The friend accepted my bribe and he will also be participating. We'll be bringing a Project M ready Wii, if someone else can bring a TV for it that would be awesome.

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
The friend accepted my bribe and he will also be participating. We'll be bringing a Project M ready Wii, if someone else can bring a TV for it that would be awesome.
Excellent! I'll ask the manager if we can use their tv and as a back up I have some extra old school baby size tvs I can throw in the trunk at least.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
:bomb:I want everyone to be clear that the next session I'm hosting is Sunday March 8th. I will not be hosting a session tomorrow March 1st! The plan as of now is to hold these sessions once every two weeks so after March 8th the following session is planned for March 22. Enjoy the weekend, I believe we are due for some snow here tomorrow so be safe! See you March 8th:kirby:

-Daniel:samus:

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Recently players have been asking me about other regular tournaments and sessions in the Northern Virginia area. I am always keeping an eye out for other groups and events so we can connect to build up the community. Some of you may be interested in an upcoming event called DMV Fight Lounge being held in Manassas Saturday March 7. The Details are here: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-7-2015-dmv-fight-lounge-manassas-va.391645/

I plan on attending the event myself but I'm not directly involved in its organization in any way so if you have any questions you should contact the person listed as TO in the post.

pinemach

Smash Rookie
The session on the 8th was loads of fun, and I impressed myself by sucking less than I thought I would. Thanks for hosting!

SpicyMango

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I've been searching for players in the Woodbridge area and it is so nice to finally find some smash players here! Since the next meetup is next week I can't wait to meet everyone! If I don't work I should be able to go and bring maybe 2-3 more players with me! :4rob:

Last edited:

ChingChong

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Nova smashers and thank you to OluGhost for replying to me on the virginia smashers thread. I hope to attend the next Smashfest on the 22nd and I'm willing to bring a melee and pm setup. Would it be necessary for me to bring an extra CRT as well?

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Hello fellow Nova smashers and thank you to OluGhost for replying to me on the virginia smashers thread. I hope to attend the next Smashfest on the 22nd and I'm willing to bring a melee and pm setup. Would it be necessary for me to bring an extra CRT as well?
You're welcome. I'm happy to see new faces on the forums. TVs are limited so yes it would be great if you can bring whatever you have. Looking forward to seeing you March 22nd and if you have any other questions just let me know man.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Hey @ OluGhost OluGhost , sorry for not being able to make it these past meets. I will 100 percent be able to go on the 22nd. I am most likely going to bring my project m setup. Sorry, and thanks.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
I'll try to make it Sunday if I can. Looking forward to playing with new people without having to deal with online shenanigans.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Today's meeting was great. Got to meet everyone, play games, it was all pretty fun. Looking forward to the next meet.
That aside, what was this talk about a tournament next Sunday in Fredericksburg?

Last edited:

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
Was fun today, good games to everyone I played with. Feel free to add my NNID, just put "smashboards" or "Flashback" in the message field - would definitely be down to play online with you guys.
:4greninja:

what was this talk about a tournament next Sunday in Fredericksburg?
Seconding this, couldn't find anything in Fredericksburg under the Tournament Listings.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
Shouldn't we have a hangout thread for people that go to the meets so that we can talk and things like that afterwards?
If you want, I could make it. Or maybe it would be easier if there was a group for it?
This thread already feels like a hangout thread to me, people usually come back here after a meet and post their thoughts and experiences. If you want to make a group go for it! Send me an invite and I'll definitely join with you my dude.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
This thread already feels like a hangout thread to me, people usually come back here after a meet and post their thoughts and experiences. If you want to make a group go for it! Send me an invite and I'll definitely join with you my dude.
True enough, it kind of does feel like a hangout thread. But I feel that there should be a separate one so that we can actually talk in-depth. I'll make the thread then.
http://smashboards.com/threads/flashback-games-smash-meet-hangout-thread.396016/

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
ATTENTION:
BELOW ARE THE TENTATIVE CALENDAR DATES FOR OUR SMASH SESSIONS DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL.

I WILL BE SETTING UP AN HOUR EARLIER IN TIME FOR A 12PM NOON START TIME TO GIVE EVERYONE MORE TIME TO PLAY!

PLEASE READ AS EASTER SUNDAY WILL AFFECT THE NORMAL "ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS" SCHEDULE AND THE PATTERN WILL BE DIFFERENT!!

April 5: NO SESSION PLANNED FOR APRIL 5TH DUE TO EASTER SUNDAY
April 12: Open Session from 12pm Noon to 5pm
April 19: Open Session from 12pm Noon to 5pm
April 26: Tournament Day from 12pm Noon to 5pm

As you can see since there is some more interest in bringing this session back every Sunday as a weekly meet I am going to be hosting every Sunday in April (excluding Easter Sunday April 5) while gauging/monitoring attendance. This will also be an opportunity for anyone who might be interested in bringing ideas to the forum for organizing our own tournament as far as rules and procedures go. I'm aware of some of the more common rule sets/stage bans for tournaments around the area but I want our tournament to be a balanced reflection of what our group wants. HENCEFORTH I plan on holding test tournaments at each open session before the last session of the month. I've got some ideas of my own and will present them before and during the next session but like I said this is OUR tournament so any and all ideas are open to discussion!

-Deo

BMX

Smash Lord
Anybody that wants to go to the sage mantis tournament , i am willing to drive woodbridge peeps to it . Let me know if anyone is interested. Also, these sessions are fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom