• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wondering what Melee players would think about this

crazyjohn

Smash Rookie
Let's say Melee got a Switch port and got regular patches, plus online play. It also gets a bunch of bug fixes from the original game (Ceiling glitch, shine mine, ness yoyo glitch, ice climbers freeze glitch, etc.) Along with that, it got some polishing up (fixing link's nair, luigi's dash attack gets its final hit, fix yoshi's grab, fix mr g&w, etc.) Would you buy it?

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
I think it might get pirated more so today than when it first came out. The way I know it came out in 2001 is when I first played the game no one switched from Zelda to Shiek. There's more computers and cell phones today than there was back then. I've heard piracy helps sales of games though in this case it might not. I might buy it if the solo mode is also improved with more content. It depends on how much data the device can handle. Like I said in other topics it kinda feels like Smash Ultimate is dumbed down for non-Pro players.

Linc.inc

Smash Rookie
I think it would be great because the game would fire up more than it ever has but I do not want them to change anything except for they should still have online play If they fixed the bugs and gave the flag to links attack and gave Luigi that final hit It just would not feel the same as the melee i know. Melee is not perfect but the bugs and errors and mistakes that make up the game make it feel like melee. no other game in the series is like melee (hints the meme "It's not Melee" I would want to keep it just about the way it is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Let's say Melee got a Switch port and got regular patches, plus online play. It also gets a bunch of bug fixes from the original game (Ceiling glitch, shine mine, ness yoyo glitch, ice climbers freeze glitch, etc.) Along with that, it got some polishing up (fixing link's nair, luigi's dash attack gets its final hit, fix yoshi's grab, fix mr g&w, etc.) Would you buy it?
I would buy it in a heart beat just for the online play alone.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yeah I think leaving the game as is, would be better, they would be bound to change a bunch of things if it got a re-release.
Melee's too hard for my old man hands now

Last edited:

kohake

Smash Rookie
I might play it depending on whether or not I liked the gameplay changes. But I'd probably buy it either way just to support the concept.

Top Bottom