• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wondering about the chrom and marth match ups what do i have to look out for

Skeletim123

Smash Rookie
trying to learn the matchups for the top teirs since everyone around me seems to be teir whores

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
They can be really hard matchups especially because Chrom and Marth or so fast. You’ve gotta use your shield a lot and try to parry and whiff punish everything they miss. Stay just out of their sword range and rush in with fair or dash attack when they give you an opening. Dash dance and jump around and try to bait out their attacks. Hit them with PK Fire on their landings and whiffs. Once you get them to about 60% try and get them in the air and start juggling them with PK Thunder.

They’re hard matchups but they’re definitely not impossible and you do have some advantages if you use PK Fire and PK Thunder well. Also edgeguard them both hard. Marth can be gimped with the tail of PK Thunder if he tries to recover low and you can hit Chrom with PK Fire on his recovery and spike him out of it (get consistent with Ness’s spike, it’ll help in a lot of matchups and the PK Fire spike set up is legit ). I go about 50/50 on these matches and it’s not the worst matchup in the world just tough because their disjoints outrange yours. That doesn’t mean fair, nair, uair, and bair aren’t good in the matchups though. Also fastfall all your aerials

-Saltyclams-

Smash Rookie
just edge guard the **** out of chrom this is quite simple what i do and i find very consistent is to pk fire them while they are offstage and then jump and dair spike them this works for almost all characters with poor recoveries. For marth is a bit different it's better if you bait out certain moves then punish like when marth does a full hop fair shield and they will be vulnerable playing like that can help you greatly against marth

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to learn to parry their nair, I think that's going to help a lot.

Top Bottom