• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Women In Smash: Harassment at the Local Level

Photo Credits: Robert Paul (@tempusrob), Graphic: SB | Kuba

Video games give you the opportunity to showcase your skills regardless of your background. They reward you for your efforts with unbiased fairness. It doesn’t matter where you come from, how much money you have, or anything else similarly superficial; if you have the work ethic and the skill, you can become the best.

However, the inclusiveness of video games seems to be betrayed at times by their communities. It’s no surprise that the FGC is predominantly made up of males and that in some cases women find it difficult to assimilate. This arrangement brews a perfect recipe for harassment towards women not just in the Smash scene, but all gaming communities. Why this disparity is present in the first place is, like most things, complex and up for debate, and therefore not worth going into. However, the consequences are serious and deserve to be talked about.

Over the weekend, I had the chance to talk with several of female Smash community members who all had encountered some sort of harassment. Their stories stand to remind us that despite how progressive the community has been there are still areas of weakness that we need to collectively work on.

Now, I’m not suggesting that there exists a systematic oppression of women or that harassment is widespread; most of us are good people and are incredibly accepting. However, while we may not be the source of the harassment ourselves, some of us choose to stay silent about it.

Sometimes, that can be just as bad.

There’s a female-focused Smash group on Facebook with 200 members-and-counting. Its members post random Smash-related things or organize plans to go to tournaments together. Other times and quite commonly, they exchange stories about their experiences with harassment at their local tournaments. Two-to-three times a month, long forms are posted detailing the nature of their encounters. In other words, posts like these are far more common than they should be.

Photo Credits: Robert Paul (@tempusrob)

Maggie Demer, one of the smashers I interviewed and a victim of assault herself, told me that stories like hers are posted frequently and often it's hard to find support.

“People post their negative experiences a lot. I've posted mine from UGC and another girl at the event was there to make sure I wasn't alone. And girls who have been assaulted by another smashers often post their statements there [the FB group] before releasing to their local scene.”

Demer also notes that the some local scenes are very toxic and generally less accepting than the greater scene. But even then the majority of people at the local level are genuinely respectful towards women, it’s just that the ‘lone wolves’ are not reprimanded as harshly. Why is that?

There is evidently a lot more harassment going on at the local level than there is at the more major level. This is because smashers at locals communicate at a much more personal basis. Lauren Casapao, who went public about her assault last year, sums up the dilemma perfectly.

“At nationals or at a broader level in general, people are more concerned with the problem. But locally, people know the victims and perpetrators personally which makes it difficult to take a side.”

Many of the other girls I interviewed with echoed this same point; often local smashers are united by a emotional bond, and this has significant influence over how they react to cases of harassment.

Sesh Evans is a longtime member of the community who has experienced some discrimination but has witnessed more. She reverberates Casapao’s point, saying; “There are a lot of girls out there that struggle with their local scene because [...] the TOs and people in charge won't bend this or that person because they don't consider it serious enough or they can't choose a side.”

Unfortunately, many of the dismaying accounts posted rarely if ever reach to those outside the group. In fact, the only reason I am aware of them is because somebody on the Smashboards team, Anna Molly, is a part of it. So why are so few people talking about this? Is the Smash community just turning a blind eye to it? Well, yes and no. In addition to it being a more ‘local’ problem that makes it hard for the greater community to focus on, there’s something else going on at play.

“...Smashers are slow to admit it [harassment] and even slower to do something about it. No one wants to do anything too drastic, lest they get labeled a "sjw" or "white knight" or something.”

That's Kayla MacKay, one of the women I interviewed, referring to the reactions towards her experiences with harassment at her local scene.

Kayla started off playing Smash casually until her friend introduced her to Smashboards, where she learned advanced tech such as wavedashing and short-hop lasers. She stopped playing for a little bit, but eventually she started going to tournaments where she initially faced no issues.

“The community at the time was filled with people who had been competing for 5+ years, and the vast majority were all university-age students who treated me with respect.”

But that changed as the older generation Smashers were replaced with some of the more younger kids, who MacKay personally felt less comfortable with. She experienced bouts of harassment, such as being asked for ‘nudes’ by a top player and being told upon attending a local tournament that she ‘must be lost’. These instances, she says, weren’t “anything major right away”, but that they were “a clear signal that the overall attitudes towards women had changed”.

Eventually harassment grew more serious though, but according to Kayla, nobody stepped in to try and stop it. That isn’t because smashers are bad people though. A majority are just afraid to speak up because doing so could mean ‘rocking the boat’ and potentially challenging the status quo.

Photo Credits: Robert Paul (@tempusrob)

I think a lot of this has to do with the recent subculture that has developed in response to the whole ‘PC’ movement. The political correctness campaign is often considered to be a painfully stupid way of earning ‘good guy points’ - and that isn't far off from the truth. Everybody can agree that some people go to ridiculous extremes in order to deter any sort of ‘offensiveness’, so likewise many are united in mutual hatred against ‘PC culture’.

But the ‘anti’ PC movement has also seen itself reaching similar ridiculous extremes. Like all collective movements, it has formed a sort of group consciousness where nobody really thinks for themselves and instead everybody adheres to the idea of “You’re offended? Suck it up.” This mentality is one I can generally agree with, but eventually it can get to the point where legitimate social issues or sentiments are just brushed off, and any proponents of those said ideas are labeled ‘SJWs’ and are accordingly ostracized.

The result is things that aren’t really ‘SJW’ by definition are labeled such, and the credibility of any argument can be dismissed just by using the word. This is a problem as actual issues that deserve to be talked about become lumped in with insipid feminist rhetoric.

Females face an array of challenges in the community. Again, it is reasonable to assume that most other fighting game communities have a similar problem. These problems are generally incurred by a small percentage of the community, but until we start talking about it more and become less tolerant of the bad apples, change is unlikely. We need to learn to be comfortable talking about the subject and act on an ethical basis instead of staying silent because it’s more convenient.

Some of the harassment women face isn’t easy to stop. Some people’s attitudes towards women are just the result of a deeply embedded and complex sociological reason, and that is out of our control. But we can control our reactions to these people, and be a little more serious in how they're handled instead of letting them go unchecked.

I don't want this to put off any woman interested in joining the scene. This is a problem that can be overcome, but only if women continually join and challenge adversity. Let this be an impetus for both genders to work together and hopefully resolve this issue.

Only when we can learn to put aside differences and accept the reality of what’s going on can we begin to take the necessary steps in the right direction.

Last edited:
William "Wncozens" Cozens

Comments

We really just need to stop being *******. You see some ****. Do something about it!!! I WISH someone would pull some harassment bull**** in front of me at a tourney. I pull you to the side quick as hell. First time I just warn you. Hey man, that **** does not fly here. Next time, I get the TO involved. And unlike other scenes, the NJ scene plays no games. You pull some harassment ****, you will get BANNED. Or I could just ya know...throw hands. Because there are some people in this world that don't understand anything but force. But I would rather be civil. And of course if you do see anyone being harassed you ALWAYS assure the victim that they DO BELONG HERE!!!

You know what breeds terrorist attacks? Bigotry like this. The whole alt-right "diversity and equality are incompatible" rhetoric is growing like a cancer.
No... Terrorist attacks of this day are caused by a group of people who follow a religion from what it says literally on paper.

As a result, people from places who have been struck by the those terrorist attacks are getting tired and scared of those people killing/****** others and want them gone.

A good way to create a terrorists is to drone bomb their parents then offer no explanation as to why it was justified. (It's not ever justifiable btw)

I'm just saying.

Also you know who gets killed the most by muslim terrorists?

Muslims that are against terrorism.

Oh snap.

off topic tho

Last edited:
...This is exactly the kind of hateful intolerance that needs to be stamped out. Thank you for once again showing how intolerant some folks in the Smash community can be. Holy ****. You know what breeds terrorist attacks? Bigotry like this. The whole alt-right "diversity and equality are incompatible" rhetoric is growing like a cancer.

I'm not devoting any more time to this. Clearly you're too stuck in your own little bubble to be reasoned with.

Newsflash: You're more likely to die in your bathtub than in a terrorist attack. The reason you hear about them at all is because they're newsworthy. And yet here you spit such vitriolic words as if every refugee is a ****ing terrorist...
I would suggest listening to these gripes because they are very real. I would reccoment that you at least talk fairly about this. The alt right movement is nothing more than a response to the rhetoric articles like the on above try to promote. Sure, maybe Billy can ease up on the SJW nonsense, but it goes hand in hand to what is going on right now with this subject. I wont bore you to death with the usual gripes of alt right guys, but i would be more rational towards them. They hold a hell of a lot of ground and at the end of the day, those that are against this article are only against the cry wolf approach to harassment in the community, not the serious endorsement of how it sjould be dealt with, which is by policing it when it happens, and dealing with it fairly.

I would suggest listening to these gripes because they are very real. I would reccoment that you at least talk fairly about this. The alt right movement is nothing more than a response to the rhetoric articles like the on above try to promote. Sure, maybe Billy can ease up on the SJW nonsense, but it goes hand in hand to what is going on right now with this subject. I wont bore you to death with the usual gripes of alt right guys, but i would be more rational towards them. They hold a hell of a lot of ground and at the end of the day, those that are against this article are only against the cry wolf approach to harassment in the community, not the serious endorsement of how it sjould be dealt with, which is by policing it when it happens, and dealing with it fairly.
In my defense it was 4 am so my patience was getting a bit thin. :p

It's obvious his view won't change, so I figure why bother.

I hope this is not why I did not really see female smashers at the weekly meetups, but just another form of gender inequality. :/

This is messed up that people are saying this doesn't happen and "insecure little boys and feminists" are the only ones replying to defend people thus my faith in humanity is completely destroyed. What does it give respect to all parties whether furry, brony, gay, lesbian, etc. I only disrespect idiots who don't do any research on any topic unless their 8 grade teacher tells them to cause this is what its come to.

Thanks to those MALE responders who actually give a crap about others

Last edited by a moderator:
wncozens wncozens

Can you write an article about the greater injustices of social abuse in general, bullying anyone for the sole reason of being so insecure they feel the need to belittle other people?
I've been a target of racism on a few occasions, and it doesn't help going to a TO and letting them know about it when it is the TO doing this kind of stuff and if you mention it to anyone they can just ban you from their venue. Then you have to look into solving these issues another way.

Would look forward to that kind of article!

Last edited:
All of the entry level politics from both sides in the comments have been an absolute pain to read. This is a simple topic that most people already know how to handle. Don't harass people yourself. If you're harassed, come forward. Don't lie about being harassed. Simple right? I even made sure not to include gender because anyone can be harassed.

Can you write an article about the greater injustices of social abuse in general, bullying anyone for the sole reason of being so insecure they feel the need to belittle other people?
I've been a target of racism on a few occasions, and it doesn't help going to a TO and letting them know about it when it is the TO doing this kind of stuff and if you mention it to anyone they can just ban you from their venue. Then you have to look into solving these issues another way.

Would look forward to that kind of article!
Aw, that's horrible... I'm so sorry people have treated you that way! D: Can I apologize on their behalf?

Guys, there really isn't any reason to fight. Honestly.

The point is treat others the way you'd want to be treated, whether they're a girl, a guy, religious, atheist, etc. etc. everyone deserves to be treated the same. Sure this article focuses on us girls but imo it's a reminder that, in general, we need to always be kind to our fellow Smashers no matter what.

And don't get me wrong, 99.9% of the community does this and I'm glad to be a part of it. The 00.1% that harasses people are the severe minority but I appreciate them being recognized and people watching out for us and anyone else they've wronged.

The Smash community is a wonderful place and the people referred to in this article are definitely the minority, and I'm glad about that. So, don't fight guys! We good! :D

This article was not meant to take sides of any kind, in fact I wrote it carefully to ensure that the only thing communicated was that we be aware of the problem. There was nothing I was 'promoting' other than getting these ladies' messages out there, and I did it as objectively as possible. To suggest any other, 'SJW' motive would be laughably ironic considering my last couple paragraphs. Also, you insinuate that this was written with the sole intention of giving women the victim card while actively ignoring possible solutions. The article itself is a part of the solution; letting others know that this actually is a problem and that we should work on confronting the troublemakers. To offer a concrete solution off the bat would be frankly hasty and slapdash because the problem itself is much more complex than a simple written solution would warrant. Lastly, I agree with you that there should be individuals arguing with and dismantling the SJW's, but DO NOT be mistaken and assume that those individuals are found on the alt-right. Hilarious.

This article was not meant to take sides of any kind, in fact I wrote it carefully to ensure that the only thing communicated was that we be aware of the problem. There was nothing I was 'promoting' other than getting these ladies' messages out there, and I did it as objectively as possible. To suggest any other, 'SJW' motive would be laughably ironic considering my last couple paragraphs. Also, you insinuate that this was written with the sole intention of giving women the victim card while actively ignoring possible solutions. The article itself is a part of the solution; letting others know that this actually is a problem and that we should work on confronting the troublemakers. To offer a concrete solution off the bat would be frankly hasty and slapdash because the problem itself is much more complex than a simple written solution would warrant. Lastly, I agree with you that there should be individuals arguing with and dismantling the SJW's, but DO NOT be mistaken and assume that those individuals are found on the alt-right. Hilarious.
Do you honestly believe the dribble you type? Do you ever go outside and experience the real world? You're retorting with meaningless points to a person who is replying to someone else. Can you actually give an explanation to the point your trying to make with this article? You haven't once actually explained the issue beyond the idea that women are being harassed. Instead of responding to people who barely care about what you have to say with mindless jargon to make yourself seem superior, how about you address the valid criticisms people have instead of labelling them off as unintelligent bigots.

I'm not even going to go in on how arrogant you are for ending a response with "Hilarious."

Wait...you asked him to explain why he wrote an article about a subject, when the explanation is within the article itself and can be ascertained just by reading?

WHAT?!!?!?!?

And just for the record, many articles such as this have been written and if you think this isn't an issue in the FGC community overall just google Cross Assault.

This stuff happens. The author is trying to shed more light on this issue and encourage more people to step up when they see something.

Last edited:
Wait...you asked him to explain why he wrote an article about a subject, when the explanation is within the article itself and can be ascertained just by reading?

WHAT?!!?!?!?

And just for the record, many articles such as this have been written and if you think this isn't an issue in the FGC community overall just google Cross Assault.

This stuff happens. The author is trying to shed more light on this issue and encourage more people to step up when they see something.
"You haven't once actually explained the issue beyond the idea that women are being harassed" I was doing a direct jab at the content of his article, read the article yourself and sum up all the issues. If you get anything more than "some girls had bad situations therefore women are being harassed in the scene" than you've got a creative mind. That's like saying if 5 small cases of a girls being overly flirted with at a Mc Donalds means Mc Donalds has a women's harassment issue and the millions of Mc Donalds stores **probably** are the same. That should sound overly crazy to you because it is.

And Cross Assault happened early 2012, soon to be 5 years ago. You can't justify this article being written over an outlier from 2012. This article does more harm than good, it honestly makes women more intimidated to participate in their local scene over nothing rather than spark dialogue between men (a dialogue that would honestly be arbitrary and unneeded).

Last edited:
Seeing as this is an issue that is apart of larger ongoing internal conflict; who's going to win? And what steps are either side willing to take to ensure they win? Are we going to be screaming, shouting, and clashing with each other forever or will there be a point in time when one side says enough is enough? Or will there even be a winner?

Those are my questions I have. And regardless of how they are answered, I have no intention of returning to America, my home country, cause y'all are bat **** crazy.

Last edited:
Look i'm going to try to keep short since I got to leave in about 15 mins, The Term "SJW" is a buzzword made to label people who fight for P.C" stuff and it's mainly used to attack people who have opinions on things that that people might find weird that they find fault with it.

The fact of the matter that their are in fact women that are afraid to be labeled an "SJW" because on the internet that's basically an death sentence.
Where do people learn this?

When it comes to defending/campaigning for other peoples rights, there are two main types. There are the perfectly normal activists (such as men campaigning for stronger punishment against other men in cases of sexual assault) who are pushing for an issue that is not 'PC' and in fact is very widely supported by just about everyone (probably 99% tbh).

The term SJWs is reserved for people who only fight for things to be recognised as doing so. Whether its PC or not is irrelevant, the point is how much they actually care about it. SJWs don't actually care about the appropriate steps required to achieve their goal, only that they are publicly seen doing something. All those people who rant on facebook complaining about the lack of women in science, I can bet you anything that a solid 100.00% of those women chose not to study science. This makes them an SJW because as long as they pretend to help, they can get recognition for trying to help instead of actually helping.

A woman who complains about sexism at smash tournaments can never correctly be labelled an SJW, being an SJW is all about the actions people take. These women do not choose to be harassed, they fundamentally can't be called an SJW, that makes no sense. Anyone who uses that term to describe these women is wrong and that's all there is to it.

Literally none of what you've said is true. I've been called an SJW at least 10 times from pointing out blatant sexism or racism directly, and not to get political, but 'SJW's are literally the ones at rallies and notmypresident etc; so you can't just pick and choose.
As above, this depends entirely on how you approached it.

Anyone who sits on the sidelines and just labels things as sexist while not taking appropriate steps to deal with it, is an SJW. If you approach a TO and tell them about a case of blatant sexism and they call you an SJW, they are completely in the wrong. You aren't an SJW if you are taking the correct steps to deal with a problem.

People blocking traffic and yelling NOTMYPRESIDENT like cultists are SJWs because they aren't achieving their goal. The ones who are busy preparing their own run for office to counter policies they disagree with are the activists. Big difference.

Last edited:
Where do you people learn this?

When it comes to defending/campaigning for other peoples rights, there are two main types. There are the perfectly normal activists (such as men campaigning for stronger punishment against other men in cases of sexual assault) who are pushing for an issue that is not 'PC' and in fact is very widely supported by just about everyone (probably 99% tbh).

The term SJWs is reserved for people who only fight for things to be recognised as doing so. Whether its PC or not is irrelevant, the point is how much they actually care about it. SJWs don't actually care about the appropriate steps required to achieve their goal, only that they are publicly seen doing something. All those people who rant on facebook complaining about the lack of women in science, I can bet you anything that a solid 100.00% of those women chose not to study science. This makes them an SJW because as long as they pretend to help, they can get recognition for trying to help instead of actually helping.

A woman who complains about sexism at smash tournaments can never correctly be labelled an SJW, being an SJW is all about the actions people take. These women do not choose to be harassed, they fundamentally can't be called an SJW, that makes no sense. Anyone who uses that term to describe these women is wrong and that's all there is to it.

As above, this depends entirely on how you approached it.

Anyone who sits on the sidelines and just labels things as sexist while not taking appropriate steps to deal with it, is an SJW. If you approach a TO and tell them about a case of blatant sexism and they call you an SJW, they are completely in the wrong. You aren't an SJW if you are taking the correct steps to deal with a problem.

People blocking traffic and yelling NOTMYPRESIDENT like cultists are SJWs because they aren't achieving their goal. The ones who are busy preparing their own run for office to counter policies they disagree with are the activists. Big difference.
You know if these gosh darn "SJW's" are such a problem then here's a question?

Why aren't doing something about it? :smirk:

Then there are people like yourself who complain when people practice their first amendment rights and let Russia hack the government and influence elections without consequences.

Let me ask you this, you complain about "cultists" and "SJWs" not achieving their goals, what have you done besides complain on the internet about actual activists?

So basically if you can't do **** to back your claim then shut up and sit the **** down? Not everyone as the resources, time, or connections to become involved or create "counter policies" to advance their causes. I'm an English teacher who supports capture, neauter/spray, and release approach for stray cats and dogs rather than outright gassing them. However, I don't have the resources to take in stray cats and dogs to get them the surgery nor the time and energy to open up my own veterinary practice. I already took in two stray kittens already. I try to teach my students the importance for all life.

But going by the above mentioned logic, I'm a hypocrite who actually doesn't care about that issue because, in some people's viewpoint, I'm not doing enough to further it. Perhaps the consequence of a "im right, you're wrong, shut up you snowflake" mentality that has taken root in the past decade.

Caring and supporting for an issue that is within your own capacity as a person is perfectly understandable. And at least you're doing that rather than ******** and complaining about it on a forum for video gaming.

WE 4CHAN NOW. :101:
More like a tiny portion of Breitbart or Infowars.

Last edited:
D
I think that when it comes to such personal issues such as harassment, it should be left as a personal issue when it comes to each individual case. Whenever these kinds of cases are revealed to the general public it does way more harm than good. Both to the potential victim and potential perpetrator. I think it should only be between them on a personal level with people who are relevant to the case.(Personal or otherwise.) But on the other hand, also be willing to assist a victim if they speak up to you or the group that you're in. You/The group might be one of the only people that they trust.

Y'know, they probably wouldn't be "anti-social dweebs" if people tried to engage them more. I'm shy until someone talks to me and then I'm pretty outgoing. Not everyone's bright-eyed and bushy tailed 24/7 everywhere they go. They're probably anti-social because no one ever tries to talk to them and they're shy because of that; not because they're demons from hell that don't want to talk to you angels of light.

Don't confuse anti social with people being shy.

And, if they're actually anti social, who cares? Not everyone has to talk to you lol. Talk to someone else. You're there to play Smash, not be a Gabby Gertrude on crack and demand to talk to everyone at the venue.

also what on God's green earth is an "anti-social queer"

Is everyone who isn't social in your eyes this horrible, people-hating person who should be kicked out? Because if so I can't tell if you're lonely and constantly need someone to talk to or if you're just trying to find a reason to complain. Maybe it's both.

If responses are negative to a SJW article that means the SJW is right and we need to have this discussion because um uh it makes them right through the power of SJW magic.

Where the line is drawn to be called a millenial is still up to debate, but I can say that what I truly meant was those born late in the 1990s. You know, that generation that lives on Facebook and other social media and cannot drop their cell phones and uses memes to communicate. That generation.

I'm not a part of that because early 1990s didn't grow up with internet and cell phones (at least not in the same way). The generation that did grow up with cell phones and Facebook is what I call "millenials", even if there is some other term for it.

Still, even if "my" generation is part of that I have no trouble trash talking it. Every generation is not perfect, but let's all agree that the latest generation(s) are probably the most entitled and "screwed up" one(s).
You're kind of overgeneralizing things. Most millennials I know, even the ones one their cell-phones time to time, still prefer to chat face to face, for instance. In a lot of cases, such as this one, the really, really nasty ones are the exceptions.

Harassment is still a big problem, but only a small handful of people are responsible for it. But to think so poorly of millennials as a whole is unfair to us and treats the ones who aren't awful as the "exceptions", even if there's more of us then there appears. As the old cliche goes, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the whole bunch.

If responses are negative to a SJW article that means the SJW is right and we need to have this discussion because um uh it makes them right through the power of SJW magic.
Constantly calling people you disagree with SJWs or other related terms like "special snowflakes" is just as effective as yourself being called a "racist" or "bigot" by someone who disagrees with you.

And to clear things up...

"It's not very effective..."

Last edited:
Then there are people like yourself who complain when people practice their first amendment rights and let Russia hack the government and influence elections without consequences.

Let me ask you this, you complain about "cultists" and "SJWs" not achieving their goals, what have you done besides complain on the internet about actual activists?
I'm not complaining about SJWs, I'm just making sure people are clear on the difference between an SJW and an activist. I don't care if people choose to spend 16 hours a day holding up a sign, thats their choice. It is grossly inaccurate to say that people who care about social issues are all SJWs because that deligitimises all the people who ever *actually* fought for social issues like MLK. I wonder how much good he would have achieved if he sat home and just yelled out the window occasionally 'STOP OPPRESSING ME!' instead of actually fighting for his cause.

I care when people believe that sexual harassment isn't reported because people are scared of being labeled an SJW. That's a straight up lie and doesn't even consider a solution which is the person who said that is wrong and needs to step down as a TO immediately.

Funny how "harassment" only became a widespread issue once gaming attained some degree of political influence. Do you think passionate female gamers haven't already existed and been welcomed in our communities for decades now?

Western culture is slipping from your slimy grasp, SJWs. We will not fall for your shameless lies, obfuscation and projection. You will never control us.

Last edited:
Funny how "harassment" only became a widespread issue once gaming attained some degree of political influence. Do you think passionate female gamers haven't already existed and been welcomed in our communities for decades now?

Western culture is slipping from your slimy grasp, SJWs. We will not fall for your shameless lies, obfuscation and projection. You will never control us.
You caught us. Harassment is something SJWs invented in the last 5 years to manipulate the public. All previous accounts of harassment in history were fabricated as part of our elaborate ruse to fool gamers into thinking it wasn't something we just made up. We are really free masons working in tandem with Jews who control the media and Chinese businessmen who made up global warming. We wanted to take over the world and we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

You caught us. Harassment is something SJWs invented in the last 5 years to manipulate the public. All previous accounts of harassment in history were fabricated as part of our elaborate ruse to fool gamers into thinking it wasn't something we just made up. We are really free masons working in tandem with Jews who control the media and Chinese businessmen who made up global warming. We wanted to take over the world and we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
There's no need for a conspiracy theory given all the crap you guys pull out in the open.

Last edited:
I don't think it's some inlaid sexism in the fgc, but, rather, something that all newbies have to go through. For example, I myself am rather new to the smash community (melee to be specific), and have been trashed for it and my pink hair a few times; however, this does nullify the points made about harassment against women. No, it emphasizes the real issue; harassment being played off as some right of passage.

Top Bottom