• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolverine the X-Men Origin Movie

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I used to think I was the only one who liked Gambit so much. Now I feel less special.
Ditto. Although I do feel like he's the type of character that would be well-loved. But none of my friends ever seemed to dig him.

There were only so many ways I could say "He makes **** BLOW UP WITH HIS MIND," before I gave up trying.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'm glad to see Gambit, but I'm wondering about a couple things.

1) He looks like he's going to be an enemy of Wolverine, so he might be killed (and not show up in another X:Men movie)

2) It's pretty unclear how long ago the movie will be from the movies, and, thus, it's hard to tell how old he's supposed to be. If he survives, he might end up being the oldest member of the X-Men besides Wolverine.

For everyone worried that it's looking a lot like X-Men 3, I'm not really sure that's as much bad thing as people think. X3 wasn't as good as the first two, but Not As Good =/= Horrible; it was a pretty good movie all things considered.

As long as they draw what they need from the third movie as well as the first two and work towards making the movie itself good without letting comparisons to the rest drag them down, while simultaneously working with the style of all three of the movies, then we have nothing to worry about.
X-Men 3 is one of the worst movies ever produced. No comparisons, it's just a ****ty movie.

Colenstien

Smash Ace

Why is Marvel doing this to their fans?
It could be worse....... somehow...... I think.....

But seriously, until we see it we cant say it will be bad. Who knows, maybe it will be so awesome our minds will literally be blown. I had a friend that had that happen to them..... emphasise on had.

Suspect

Smash Hero
This movie has been leaked for a while (dont ask me for it)

It's pretty good, go see it when it REALLY comes out ;)

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I torrented the raw version with very little CGI in it and that was so ****ing funny. It really showed what a difference it makes(ropes of jumping people still visible and stuff).

And as such, I didn't really watched the movie, but just sat there noticing every little thing they hadn't added yet. Now I want to see it in theaters so I can see the real difference.

Rang3

is being watched
So are we to now believe that in the first X-men movie, Wolverine and Saber tooth already knew each other? Confusing.

I'm hoping it will be better than X3, but think it won't be anywhere as good as the first two. This film seems like mindless summertime fun, a good appetizer(if you will) for the movies coming up like Star Trek or Terminator which I am expecting great things in both plot and action.

Also, the actor who plays Gambit looks like a tool, not a Cajun Gigolo, shame since I was really excited when I heard about Gambit being in this.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I love how all the talk and commercials make it look like there are tons of mutants in this movie, but there are like...three. Everyone else gets about a minute or so of on screen time aside from Wolverine and the tooth. Gambit has like...two or three scenes so it doesnt matter that the actor isn't really him. My favorite part of it was Deadpool. Even though he's all not Deadpool, the fact that they threw him in there and made him as beast as he should be just opens up the doors for a good solo movie.

In my opinion, it could have been better for the super hardcore geek fans, but if you go in to watch it as a movie and won't get all pissy and ig'nant about them not copy and pasteing the comic to the screen, it's a pretty good movie. Not the greatest out there, but it's entertaining and fun.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah they didn't really show many mutants much, I guess they called it Wolverine for the right reason. It was kind of interesting to see some mutants when they were young but even then they also had very little screen time, making them either minor characters or cameos.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha.... well... the action made it entertaining ^_^

I guess the movie was okay. I thought the actor for Sabretooth did a really good job

I never thought of Sabretooth as a threatening mutant until this movie. I always considered him one of the lame members of the Brotherhood xD

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So yeah. Wolverine was pretty bad. I wasn't expecting anything great, but in some ways it was worse than I thought it would be.

But more than anything, I'm just kind of bitter that they miscast Gambit. I'm usually not for recasts because I usually don't like the disconnect that it makes between movies in a series, but if they ever put Gambit in another movie (maybe his own?) I hope they pick someone else.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Least enjoyable theater experience since I saw Watchmen (which is at least ten times better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Reboot of franchise ASAP please.

What's happening to X-men is basically what happened to batman before Batman Begins. They need to just start all over.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
yeah, gambit was ALL wrong. sabertooth was balls too.

just like the other X-men movies; inaccurate and ********, but still quite entertaining to watch though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i thought it was fine. Dead pool was ******** though.

the next one in the "origins" serie sis "Magneto"

now that will be good

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
movie was ok, kinda lame ending lol

i wouldve loved it if juggernaut just came outta nowhere out the forest screaming its the juggernaut beeeeeetch though LMFAO

also needs more magneto that nuggush THE best ._.

oh also scot aka cyclops was a ***** in this movie he was a herb lolol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I enjoyed this movie, though not as epic as I hoped it would be. I guess watching Star Track or the next Transformers would make me forget this movie, (*sigh*), I hope the next X-Men movie be epic.

Timbers

check me out
They should have just ended the movie after Wade/Ryan Reynolds said his last line.

About a good 15 minutes of somewhat entertaining fun.

oh and yeah for people asking me about Emma Frost's significance in this movie, I wasn't lying when I said she was literally a meatshield.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I REALLY wish Fox studios would just sell back the rights to the X-Men and Spider Man to Marvel. Iron Man was fantastic, and while Hulk wasn't as good as Iron Man, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd love to see a Marvel-produced X-Men movie, and a Spider Man too.

Although with both of those series (Fox-produced X-Men and Spider Man), the first movie was great, the second movie was fantastic, and the third was fantastically horrible. They did do some things right (Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto, Nightcrawler, everything about Spider Man 2), but they're really starting to mess things up. Please, just give the characters back to Marvel. :(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, regardless of how we feel Origins did well so hopefully they'll do a Magneto one and make it half decent.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wolverine always had the potential to be crappy. With Magneto, they'll have to actively screw up in order to make it anything less than at least "good." Examples of actively screwing up include:
  • Not getting Ian McKellen in the movie, EVEN IF it's an origin story. He's the best thing that's ever happened to Magneto.
  • Putting Wolverine anywhere in it, just for the sake of putting him in.
  • Skimping on the horrific nature of his childhood, spent at Auschwitz. I don't care if they're aiming for a PG13 audience, Auschwitz was horrifying and terrible and it defined a lot of what Magneto has done since he left that place. We need to see just how much it affected him, and why. I bring it up because if they don't do it right, then the first 2 minutes of the first X-Men movie will have done more to bring light to this than an entire movie dedicating to dancing around the issue could do.
  • NOT GETTING IAN MCKELLEN
More to come as I think of it, maybe.

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
i heard that if they do the origins: magneto, sir ian mckellan would sign on. and i really hope they have
x-men 4, they should use apocalypse or mr. sinister for the plots. they were awesome antagonists.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
The movie was the worst use of funding since the DBZ movie.

I loved the first two movies, and the third was ok but, they blew it, with this mess. i wish they would have taken the time to develope an appreciation for the character plots that they were so willing to destroy before they made a mockery of the X-Men franchise.

Also, did they even pay attetion to the physics of the previous movies? I'm kinda intrested how they managed to convince themselves that if they change the entire flow of the series; from a realistic stile action flick, to this horrible concept of a cartoony feel.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I saw the movie last Sunday, on bootleg. All the special effects were in beta, so 3D Wolverines were gray and plastic. Not to mention Shoop Da Woop-looking optic blasts.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Meh, it was all right. I would've enjoyed it more if pretty much every other character had more screen time and development, but hey, all of the X-Men movies really have focused on Wolverine. Especially this one (obviously...). It was a halfway decent way to sort of enjoy a trip to the theater.

Oh, and was I the only one that yelled "THIS IS SPARTA!" when
Wolverine kicked Deadpool/Weapon XI into the nuclear reactor/pit-o'-doom
? So good ^_^

smashbot226

Smash Master
This movie made me saaaaaaad.

Wolverine and Sabertooth were NEVER brothers. The only thing they got right was OH WAIT NOTHING.

Even so, the movie was bad. One of the worst opening scenes I've ever witnessed too.

It's called X-Men ORIGINS for a reason! Why didn't we delve deeper into how James Howlett got his powers, for instance? They got too many things wrong for me to seriously care about this movie.

This, the script, and the miscasting made this, simply put: BAD.

Even the GAME was better than this drek.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Meh, it was ok I guess. It just seemed like they copy and pasted x-men onto a generic action flick, not to mention the ridiculous amounts of changing the source material they did.

They just better not screw up the Deadpool movie. If they do, some people are not going to sleep well at night for the rest of their lives...

Top Bottom