• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Stage Preferences

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Saw this on the Roy board, and as a Wolf/Roy Main, though still not that great of a player, I have to ask

What Stages does Wolf excel on?

What Stages should Wolf avoid at all cost

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
In my experience there are two situations where wolf is not necessarily in an advantageous position:

1. When the stage layout works against wolf effectively covering space with his attacks such that it locks down and covers opponents options OR the opponents coverage and movement options are complimented more by the stage layout than are yours (ie. Martha vs wolf on yoshis story I've found to be very hard since math can easily cover entire platforms with quick attacks, and the small stage size gives wolf little leeway in maneuvering).

2. When the blast zone distances allow the opponent a means of killing more quickly and efficiently than you can kill them (ie. Peach vs wolf on dream land: peach can survive much longer because of far blast zone and great recovery, whereas wolf is edge guarded extremely quickly, swaying the MY toasts peach since she will outlive wolf a lot of the time)

obviously this is very MU dependent, but thats really how most stage selection decisions are. ive found that stages like skyloft and metal cavern can often work against wolf with the slanted stages since they really work against the coverage that his attacks provide. wolf works extremely well with platforms and medium to big stages like battlefield and dreamland unless the opponent falls into either of the categories above. against marth ive found it best to avoid small stages (YS, FoD, green hill zone, etc..) because of his huge grab range, great DD, and large disjointed spacing. you will want more space to outmaneuver and avoid his large ranged attacks. marth is obviously only one character, but that process in general is how i usually determine my stages.

Last edited:

Scythe

Smash Master
if they can't chaingrab, FD breaks the matchup in your favor, wolf can juggle forever on that stage.

Scythe

Smash Master
yeah something like that lol. it's a tough life out there as wolf but at least he's pretty OP

Blaze7

Smash Rookie
I say FD cause there's no platforms on the stage and u can easily juggle on there

Tero.

Smash Champion
i feel like plattforms improve his vertical combo game a lot

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Against a matchup like fox or falco, Pokemon Stadium 2 is a good pick most of the time. The two platforms allow Wolf to get up higher to continue the juggle combos, and a sweetspotted flash can easily spike an edgeguarding opponent out of recovery range

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd say Yoshi's story is one of his best stages overall. I also think he's good on FoD. I hate FD and Dreamland lol.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Chillin seems to really like Warioware and does usually get's solid 2 stocks there, and Rat really likes Yoshi's from melee, I like Pokemon stadium 2 just because I like having more running space but usually that's a really good pick for most anyone

Top Bottom