• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Dthrow Flooring.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That would work. 5 Frame attack + turnaround is all you need.

Advancing the theoretical "what if Wolf had this" metagame.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just wondering, what moves can be followed up with D-Throw?

Laem

Smash Champion
I was in training mode and randomly decided to see when Sonic would start to be floored by dthrow, and the % i found was either 57% or 58%, not 55%. Weird.

^ Afaik wolf never has a guaranteed followup after dthrow vs any character at any %, unless they techroll.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Training mode is weird though :/

As for the question, bair can be followed up with dthrow sometimes, and there's jab/grab, the occasional weak nair combos, but outside of those I don't think any attacks really lead into it well. If you meant followups to dthrow, yeah, if they don't tech I don't think anything is guaranteed :( maybe DACUS under some circumstances, and then walls help too, but... yep.

:059:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What I found out is that you can grab release into Side B. I've done it before on Snake.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yep, works on a bunch of characters actually: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231689

Too bad we don't air release anyone :( best way I get it to work is by dashgrabbing my opponent at the ledge or end of a platform. Also, sideB should hit on the first frame where the opponent can take action, which means moves with invincibility on frame 1 can beat it out (ex. Marth's upB).

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Only marth goes with that exception :p, you can actually fake a grab release into an Side B cancel then **** marth if you know he is going to Up B

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Don't ZSS and Ivysaur also have frame 1 invincibility on down B/neutral B respectively? Idk, I should test with someone this weekend.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Doubt ivysaur gets out of this one, since his B move does not move him he cant scape wolfs side B hitbox, marths Up B places him at a safe position thats why he can get away...

Top Bottom