• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolfs archetype?

Cocacolafart

Smash Rookie
Ive been playing Wolf as a secondary. Ive been trying to figure out what archetype he falls under. As in rushdown, grappled, zoner, all rounder, bait and punish etc? Not that it matters just something I would like find out. I personally feel like he can zone with blaster, and then I bait and punish. He has good tilts and aerials, so he also seems to fit in all rounder.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Probably closer to all-rounder. He's one of those characters you can kinda play however you want and still get mileage. Right now the best Wolf in the world, Zackray, seems to play more of a rushdown style in most matchups. But there are other characters who play rushdown better than Wolf so all-rounder seems to be the best place to stick him.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Relies on mix-ups so all-rounder makes sense. He can adapt to his opponent.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
He's definitely an all-rounder. He hits hard and is fast with good tech for each character type.

Acute

Smash Rookie
His arch-type ( Based on Zero, Leffen, and your info):

FOOTSIES: In my opinion he has really great normal's and mixed with his solid movement makes him a defensive beast.

-He has some elements of a defensive Marth minus the sword but carries a advantage over neutral in air and ground.

-Offensively he can use his F-Air and Back-air to confirm hits and space well.

-All of his normal move (even the tilts) have a purpose which Wolf as a whole uses all of his resources.

For certain elements he has a mix of:

1. ALL-ROUNDER: Only on point for movement, ground, and air game. Recovery, wolf flash, and various stages defeats purpose arch-type as all-rounder.

2. ZONER: Only for his blaster

Top Bottom