• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOLFPACK - A 64 DOUBLES TOURNEY

Umbra

Smash Rookie
>mfw no one to partner with for doubles tournament
>mfw the link in the OP says challonge but links to advancedbrackets
>mfw seeding makes it look like Kahnu rigged the tourney to so he has more favorable matchups
>mfw I have no face
This, except i have a partner

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
No me ans Twi are 8th seed
Kappa
gh
what

Look, I have NO idea how to use challonge.

Being a TO is hard guys.
Umbra and Twi are Vs Mr Bushido

JJ and Clubba VS Bowl and Narwal

MrMarbles and Annex VS Nova and Studstill

Profmak and TBQ vs Me and Maafia

I think this is fair. Me and Maafia have no tourney experience and I havent even heard of Profmak or TBQ so I seeded them low.

I think it's pretty equal.

Any suggestions feel free to post it here.

Umbra

Smash Rookie
Its not about it "being equal" its about seeding it correctly. Having the 2 best teams face off in the first round doesn't merit a good tournament experience. And having the 2 worst teams play just advances a team that would in most other circumstances be sent to the losers bracket.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Its not about it "being equal" its about seeding it correctly. Having the 2 best teams face off in the first round doesn't merit a good tournament experience. And having the 2 worst teams play just advances a team that would in most other circumstances be sent to the losers bracket.
If they both face off in the first round they will eventually make it to the final round together. It all ends up the same, lol. This gives people who arent as good a chance to advance more, but in the end the better teams will face off.

kahnu you guys almost ready?
we're in FU NY
Nope.

I can play at like 1-8:00 PM.

and THE_MAAFIA has to be on.

Lets say we start tommorow at like 4:00 PM.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
If they both face off in the first round they will eventually make it to the final round together. It all ends up the same, lol. This gives people who arent as good a chance to advance more, but in the end the better teams will face off.
This is no true fill out a bracket using seeds as names where 1v3 face off first round and 6v8 first round then advance with lower number winning. The results will not be 12345678. The reason for appropriate seeding is to have 12345678 if matches are played ideally.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
1. Z + LD
2. JJ + Clubba
8. Prof + TBQ

This is where these teams should definitely be seeded. The middle is debatable, since I feel the teams' player skills are closer together. It still looks like Kahnu rigged the bracket putting himself on the opposite side of Z + LD and JJ + Clubba AND is playing the lowest seed first round AND basically punished Umbra for his opinion by giving his team the lowest seed.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
its very possible that the top 4 teams in this tournament are all on the top side. DEATH BRACKET bring it on

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Kahnu stand by your convictions **** the huddled masses

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
seems like studstill no longer has a partner so he is dropping unfortunately. guess we move on? is anyone even playing their games in this?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
seems like studstill no longer has a partner so he is dropping unfortunately. guess we move on? is anyone even playing their games in this?
i havent gotten contact from profmak, nobody else is playing their games, so wtf guys.

Top Bottom