• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf vs. Roy...

Up0n

Smash Cadet
I honestly get beat up in this match-up so hard with my singles partner. He also plays Ike and I have not as much trouble with him but Roy just seems to be one of the hardest counters for me to overcome with wolf. It's like every aerial and tilt gets out ranged and out sped by Roy in almost any situation. I usually win the match-up with chaining down grabs and being annoying with Wolf's blaster. Any suggestions or useful information?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Just play like a *****. With Roy and Chrom I usually platform camp until they whiff an attack then go in, and space with laser. If they try to jump over the laser, you can usually get an easy grab. Also for Roy in particular you can kind of hover outside his sweetspot range and he won’t be able to do much.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
I usually get the best results doing that as well. One other thing I found useful is to alternate how many times you use your blaster and jumping fAir once in a while because most times they'll get frustrated and try to jump towards you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom