• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf sucks vs Diddy, now with... wait

SuSa

Banned via Administration
WOLF
Lengths:
Fthrow - First Arrow to Further "Point" of Diamond Center of FD Thingie
Uthrow - First Arrow to Further "Point" of Diamond Center of FD Thingie

Possible Throws:
All

Additional Information:
Spacies like DACIT a bit.
He can DACIT with Banana > Hit Diddy > Dsmash. Before Diddy grabs the edge.
He can DACIT > Fsmash, and end right in front of the banana.
Wolf is broken with a banana.

DACIT > Glide Toss

Taken from my DACIT thread in Tactical Discussion.

Wolf's is broken, right underneath Ike's. Seriously.

Vid of "The Best of the DACIT" coming soon.

SuSa

i do use forward. Look at the last video
got bored at 3 (had to test stuffz)

Do you use forward on purpose? (I'm guessing so... rofl)

Also, in some instances in the first few vids, why did you choose up over forward?

Also nice incorporating it into your game, those 4 vids will go next to Wolf's name in my DACIT thread. :)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
usually when I did the up throw, it was on accident. Wolf's forward DACIT is a bit tougher to do than links/other characters

SuSa

I can do it (facing right( 100% of the time, and if I bothered to start right and go left, I'm sure that'd be the other way around.

When I wake up in 4-6 hours of my first time sleeping in 2 days, I'll practice facing left and doing it.

Glad to see someones already found, and incorporated this. Proves it has a use and makes the Diddy matchup slightly easier.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
That **** is so telegraphed! WOW please run into my charged smashes with that, can you even throw the banana forward?

SuSa

That **** is so telegraphed! WOW please run into my charged smashes with that, can you even throw the banana forward?
Yah, every character can throw it forward.

Nice job reading all the conversation + OP link.

Go ahead, charged a smash.

Then have Ike come and DACIT Forward a banana into your face, use fsmash, and go WTF BOOM.

Guaranteed Fsmash is win.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Havok, I am not sure if this works consistently with Wolf but I think if you can time it right, Diddy doesn't have a kill move on you. This is because you should be able to interrupt his F-smash with your reflector. Same when he does his jab, you can interrupt for sure between 1 and 2 very consistently, just requires good reflexes or anticipation.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Diddy always has Dsmash, aerials, and gimping.... and I'm not a Wolf main, but nice info to have, thanks.

:151: < Seriously? no 151?

This calls for another Blog Rant! I want my Mewtwo >:

:097:
Yes but D-smash is not nearly as good a killer as F-smash. Jigglypuff mains are so happy when we found this works mainly because it kills his best kill move on her by a lot. D-smash is good but nearly as good. Both Glick and Veril can rest with a DI out of his F-smash, and just about anyone can rest in between his jabs, so that should work. And good luck finding Mewtwo... Try finding one of your old posts, quote it and find the code.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Nice, I found Mewtwo. And yeah, the extra 20% or so damage before you die can cause you to really screw with Diddy. And the jab is very very easy. F-smash has much harder timing but with practice it should be possible. I am certain he can interrupt his jab, fairly sure he can his F-smash (his thing should be as fast or faster than rest).

:mewtwo:

Nice.

SuSa

I would also assume the invincibility frames help make it even easier then Jiggs rest =p lol so anything Jiggs can interrupt, Wolf should be able to as well.

Don't be steal'n my Mewtwo. It's my new official "if you main random" thing..

:mewtwo:

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
can wolf interrupt diddy dash atk too ?
i saw just one time wolf doing a nair in when the dash atk conected and the nair interrupted diddy dash atk

illinialex24

Smash Hero
can wolf interrupt diddy dash atk too ?
i saw just one time wolf doing a nair in when the dash atk conected and the nair interrupted diddy dash atk
Likely, that should be awesome. So yeah, the list that we are making should be amazing for you guys as well... When I confirm it all, we gotta check this out. And I heard you can interrupt turtle if he leans into you from a few G&W mains so that could be useful :)

That and the fact that you should be able to screw with MK's jab.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
Likely, that should be awesome. So yeah, the list that we are making should be amazing for you guys as well... When I confirm it all, we gotta check this out. And I heard you can interrupt turtle if he leans into you from a few G&W mains so that could be useful :)

That and the fact that you should be able to screw with MK's jab.
the smash debaters are working on a list of how to counter every move in the game ?

SuSa

the smash debaters are working on a list of how to counter every move in the game ?
The Jiggylypuff Boards, and interrupting moves with Rest.

If they can interrupt it with rest, it's safe to assume that moves with a faster/just as fast hitbox startup can as well.

which would add a little bit of tech skill in Brawl:

Can you DI quick enough and well enough, and use x move to counter! /some tech skill finally! :psycho:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uhm, while we're on the topic of interrupting diddy's moves, shining out of his usmash is ridiculously easy, but you guys probably knew that.

Would anyone say that b-sticking would be a good idea, if you mastered the SDI skills necessary?

Top Bottom