• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Really glad to see so many returning faces. Welcome back to the pack, everyone.

Polished up the front page as well. Rules are up there as well, so I advise everyone give it a quick read.

D

Deleted member

His moveset looks really nice, specifically his animations. He looks like he actually has bones in his body now :p

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I love his new look but needs a bit polishing but I love his grin looks so smug when he's holding Fox looks like he's holding his nose and do both Wolf and Fox have a pink alt colour? pink is one of my favorite colours.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've been a bit to busy to stop by but we did it! He's back! It's so nice to see his super kick ass new design in the game too. It really makes him stand out. Anyways, congrats to all of us!

Flon

Smash Cadet
His new neutral air looks fantastic! I missed Wolf a lot.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's in-game model definitely looks unfinished but I'm 100% sure it'll be polished as well as Fox and Falco so that we can see our boy in full furry ferocious HD glory. But that render is simply clean.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm just glad the space animals didn't get starfox command modals:

...the horror...

GmailDotCom

Smash Cadet
NNID
GrewUp0nNintend0
Switch FC
SW 7914 1944 4102
Yeah, thank Arceus.

Probably on the surface but still with some mechanical tweaks to make him look more polished than in Brawl because he was a last-minute addition in that game.
That makes sense, I didn't know he was last-min into Brawl I had so much fun playing him I didn't even pay attention to what he looked like in full detail. Do you think well see anything about Yoshi, MP4, Bloodstained and the other games we didn't see at E3 in the upcoming Nintendo Direct?

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
That makes sense, I didn't know he was last-min into Brawl I had so much fun playing him I didn't even pay attention to what he looked like in full detail. Do you think well see anything about Yoshi, MP4, Bloodstained and the other games we didn't see at E3 in the upcoming Nintendo Direct?
Wasn't undermining his look in Brawl, I just wanted to point that out because he takes some animations from other characters (like Diddy for the D-Air). As for other games:
Yoshi has been confirmed to be delayed to 2019, you can check that out on Mariowiki. My gut is just telling me that this is gonna be yet another Woolly World situation where the game keeps getting delayed all the time.
MP4... not sure. Nintendo's radio silent on the game, but I think it's better to ensure the game's development going smoothly without the devs having too much pressure on their shoulders. Still could get a full blowout in an upcoming Direct because Nintendo doesn't treat E3 as its main source of major announcements anymore.
From what I've seen on the Bloostained: ROTN YouTube channel, the game seems pretty far into development (voiceover has already been done: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOU-IZLwstnFKxX3m3_P4fQ/videos) and I think it's safe to assume that it'll release sometime during fall.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Loving his new animations. That side-B looks crisp for a sneak attack. Laser looks good in neutral. Can't wait to main him once again.

godogod

Smash Ace
Do you think he'll have the same move set?
HIs moves already were unique enough from Fox's in brawl(his standardard attacks mainly). I'm sure he'll get the roy treatment with even more differences. He already has at least one changed move.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I actually yelled when I saw Wolf in the direct. Even though it was after the "Everyone is here!" bit, I still couldn't believe it until I saw him with my own eyes. I was more of a lurker during the Brawl days, so it should be fun participating in discussions with you all this time around. Looking forward to it.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
YESZ WOLF IS BACK

About move changes, all I can find is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLG2LGY95f4

Up Throw (0:06): If the description in the SmashWiki is correct, Wolf now slashes with 1 hand instead of with both
Fair (0:07): Didn't change.
Dash Attack (0:08): Kicks upwards and forward. Somewhat similar to Kirby's FSmash.
Down Smash (0:09): Didn't change.
Neutral B (0:10): Stance changed. The bullet seems to be smaller and faster, but has more or less the same knockback as before.
Nair (0:14): Thrusts leg forward, ending in a sex-kick pose. This seems to be more natural, but it also seemed more similar to Fox now.
Jab Combo (0:15): Upward-forward slash, Downward-forward slash, Forward Slash. In Brawl the first two is similar (but in reverse order?), but the third one is a bite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vySI2IgW8kk
(not original one but ignore that)

Down Throw (11:11): Jumps up while grabbing and does a spinning throw downwards. Much cooler than the Brawl throw.
Side B (11:16): Not much changes, but it's apparent that Wolf also slashes when performing the move now. Not sure if this was the case in Brawl.

I'm not sure if he got "even more changes" (One may argue it's even more clone-y because of Neutral B and Nair), but they all seem to be more natural now.

Except his jaw. For some reason that looks reeeally off. (See the end of the first video)

...So yeah this concludes my frame-by-frame analysis

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I actually yelled when I saw Wolf in the direct. Even though it was after the "Everyone is here!" bit, I still couldn't believe it until I saw him with my own eyes. I was more of a lurker during the Brawl days, so it should be fun participating in discussions with you all this time around. Looking forward to it.
You summed up the exact way I felt.

At last, they are finally back!!

My 2 Brawl mains, safe at last!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Even after seeing that and Pichu, I refused to believe he was in haha

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Thank God my Brawl main is back. Although I never posted in the old threads, I was disappointed that Wolf didn’t return. Now I’m just ecstatic that he’s back. It’s ****ing amazing.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Even after seeing that and Pichu, I refused to believe he was in haha
Right? I was watching with a friend and he was getting hype for me saying "Yo! This means you'll be able to use Wolf again!"...I had to restrain myself because I would've been devastated if he wasn't included.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Oh same. I would have been so bummed out.

But legit this is the most excited I have been about a game release since Halo 3.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
After voting for him the smash ballot, I am glad that he is finally back.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Ah-oooo!

Welcome back Wolf, how I've missed you. Here's hoping he plays like he did in Brawl but with this game's much better engine. Hopefully they kept Fsmash, dair and USmash, as those were my favorites. We got the Wolf Flash!

Pretty damn stoked, I can't lie. Been waiting for this since Brawl.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I get that I'm late to the party, but I am so happy that Wolf is back. He was one of my favorites in Brawl, and I can't wait to play as him again.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There was no character in Brawl as fun to play as Wolf. Partially because of his savage moveset (the way he moves, attacks, is just so satisfying) and partially because of the awesome voice (which they probably changed...). But yeah, among all the returning characters, Wolf is the most exciting one, followed by Snake.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Was there ever any doubt to his glorious return? This is the Year of the Dog after all.

Joking aside, I still find it somewhat hilarious how many of us were worried about our favorite fighters getting the boot (or not returning at all) when Sakurai just up and says, "F**k that noise. Give everybody everything!". Truly an unpredictable man.

But enough about that.

Greetings, fellow Wolf fans! Feels pretty awesome to know that our favorite canine is making his comeback after his disappointingly long absence. Now that he's back again, hopefully it'll be for the long haul.

Here's hoping he plays like he did in Brawl but with this game's much better engine. Hopefully they kept Fsmash, dair and USmash, as those were my favorites. We got the Wolf Flash!
I know a 20 second intro isn't much to go by, but signs seem to point towards his moveset being mostly intact. And I second that opinion, he had a very solid moveset back then, very few changes were needed.

godogod

Smash Ace
what buffs do you want on wolf?

His recovery needs to be better. More distance on up b? In addition, the start up is too slow. Should be near instantaneous. Also, the side b... I wish you can angle it any way you want, instead of always being upward sideways. Would be nice if we could special one into the other once, like side b into up b(hey bayonetta has it), but that might be a bit much.. Other than that.. faster movement speed?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
what buffs do you want on wolf?

His recovery needs to be better. More distance on up b? In addition, the start up is too slow. Should be near instantaneous. Also, the side b... I wish you can angle it any way you want, instead of always being upward sideways. Would be nice if we could special one into the other once, like side b into up b(hey bayonetta has it), but that might be a bit much.. Other than that.. faster movement speed?
Honestly, I'm not sure he needs a buff to any of those things. With chain grabbing gone and the new engine, his only weakness is his ledge grab sweet spot on Fire Wolf. Evidence suggests that magnet hands are gone, so that weakness may stay to balance him out. He was otherwise a great Brawl fighter. He had a near even matchup with MK, for reference.

Top Bottom