• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
What would you say is the most reliable combo to lead into Wolf Flash? I've seen the thread with all the percentage breakdowns, but the hardest part for me is setting it up. Any suggestions?
I'd say it's forward air, cause it can work at a high percent too if you angle it upwards and short hop, nair can work but its more easily di.

Where do you feel lacking while playing wolf what strengths with him do you see that you can't seem to bring out in him this might help me in the long run but for now I guess some general advice

Moves that should use alot
Blaster: nerfe d but still a great move to use alot in the course of a match with its height damage and relatively low commitment just be more careful with it now
Nair: a great move that can be used in a variety of situations get off me combo starter finisher edgeguarder neutral tool its just a move that can be used almost everywhere
Ftilt: its range low commitment is one of wolfs best neutral tools its disjoint is long and it is a great move in general not much else to say except use it
Fair: wolfs main combo tool it will extend and strengthen wolfs great advantage state by alot and this move is one of the reasons he's such a dangerous charachter in genral use alot

His other of course all have uses and niches I just wanted to go over some of his Bread and butter tools quickly of you want I can go over his other moves uses as well but I would appreciate more specificity and where you want to be with the chararchter
You forgot three big ones
Dash attack for its use in combos, killing, and just over all being a great and almost unpunishable burst option in neutral that can help him get places to punish whiffs easier

Back air for it's kill power and safety when landing, can also extend combos for a lot of damage.

Up smash for it's almost unparalleled ability to anti air as it lowers his hurtbox to almost G%W levels of small and then striking back up with a very strong upwards hit that goes almost as high if not higher than an ike up smash does. Also good out of shield because it's hard to punish correctly and it hits both sides very far out.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Anyone have any opinion on fighting Terry as Wolf? Obviously his recovery is exploitable and you can DI out of Power Dunk after certain percents, but I find this character so annoying to fight regardless if I win or lose.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone have any opinion on fighting Terry as Wolf? Obviously his recovery is exploitable and you can DI out of Power Dunk after certain percents, but I find this character so annoying to fight regardless if I win or lose.
Terry does surprisingly well against Wolf. Wolf has an amazing mid range game but Terry has an amazing mid range zone breaker game. Terry gets invulnerability on things like downB and has huge Go moves past 100%. He also can cancel jab into kill moves. It's hard for Wolf to space around all that.

But Terry's upB doesn't ledge snap and Wolf's a strong character too. Dsmash wrecks terry's recovery. It probably ends up about an even MU. Considering how good Wolf's MU spread is, this is one of his harder MUs.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It's too bad this thread doesn't see much activity anymore - oh well, I still like Wolf and think he's pretty cool and brings all the good things to all the good little boys and girls who play Smash Ultimate.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Nothing much, sadly - guessing everyone's flocked to some Discord somewhere. That's okay, cause we'll always treasure our time playing with Wolf after the long wait for his return has finally ended.

Firox

Smash Master
FINALLY, I can post some more Wolf edits/memes

It's a shame this board had to up and die, would love to see more activity.
You think THIS thread is bad? I'm pretty bummed by how much the Greninja thread withered up and died. In the first few months after the release of Ultimate, that thread was absolutely incredible. The Gren mains are few, but a very studious and dedicated bunch. The stat breakdowns, etc. were awesome. Then, after a while, everyone just up and vanished. I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to post something new but at risk of double posting since almost every major sub-thread ends with one of my comments.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It's probably because people moved onto character Discords but those are so bleh. They're useful, sure, but if you're trying to find stuff you know should have been posted there in the past, it's a headache. I like forums a lot more than Discords, personally

Firox

Smash Master
It's probably because people moved onto character Discords but those are so bleh. They're useful, sure, but if you're trying to find stuff you know should have been posted there in the past, it's a headache. I like forums a lot more than Discords, personally
Agreed. Smashboards is a better archive.

elex

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
5530-5959-3983
you guys dont know me but i like forums more than discords as well and i felt like contributing to something, as well as wanting to hear knowledge of other wolves

what are your guys' opinions on up tilt as a move? personally i dont like how situational it is but i enjoy having it when it ends up killing or punishing a commitment from the air. i only use it in 1 combo ever, which is up throw, fullhop fair onto a plat, then uptilt (works on outwards di but i usually prefer a read on techchase, airdodge, or attack depending on the opponent). i see/hear people doing fair into up tilt, but as i got better at ult i felt like i could get more off of either a grab (very low percents) or a nair (not as low percents)

Top Bottom