• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

valkiriforce

Smash Ace

lol

[EDIT] Actually now that I think about it, this would make for a cool alternate outfit in Smash.

Last edited:

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
He looks amazing for sure. I'm sold on Star Link at this point.

On a different note, does anyone else feel they're moving Smash Wolf closer to Fox instead of away? I was hopeful he'd become more of his own thing but sharing their sleeping animation again and Wolf's fighing style being closer to Fox's worries me a bit. Might just be me being nitpicky after waiting for his return for so long.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Knowing that this is going to sound like a diss, but Wolf's appearance in Starlink was the best thing out of the entire Direct. Easily.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
OMG Wolf is looking good and I'm getting more excited about Starlink and how Wolf is going to play a big part in the story

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Wolf in Battle for Atlas
Video by "GameXplain":

(skip to 0:37)

Love the outfit.
And
THAT voice. Holy crap.
Smooth as butter.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When I saw Wolf reject the meat that he was tasting, it definitely seemed amusing. Either he's too spoiled with Corneria's food, or the creatures that he has been hunting are too distasteful to even consume.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
When I saw Wolf reject the meat that he was tasting, it definitely seemed amusing. Either he's too spoiled with Corneria's food, or the creatures that he has been hunting are too distasteful to even consume.
His comment suggests he doesn't like Corneria food either, but this food is even worse.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Starlink looks cool. Is it an open world game?
Yes it is. It's open-space/open-world. You can freely roam around the, I believe seven, planets of the Atlas System and take off into space on the fly.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Now I keep imagining Wolf doing a quick trip to a Cornerian drive-in on his Wolfen and flying off before the authorities get there.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Now I keep imagining Wolf doing a quick trip to a Cornerian drive-in on his Wolfen and flying off before the authorities get there.
Little things like that would make such a great anime.
Star Fox has so much potential.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Ok, Wolf WILL one day poke his other eye out with those shoulder spikes. Why'd you have to put that thing on the side with your only good eye?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I like how Bowser's passed out at the bar.

I made a Dark Souls 3 fan comic but it's extremely inside-jokey.

(Because Knights in the game can't leave their areas so I decided to explain why)

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Some more cool footage of Wolf just came up - it's the full cutscene from that little teaser.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It's official then. Brawl voice is best Wolf voice :(

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
That's a very Scar-y voice for Wolf. I like it.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Not a whole lot of conversation happening in these parts; I don't mind sharing a couple of things of my own.

Here's a shirt of Wolf in his Brawl appearance I got late last year:

And a drawing of his new appearance in Smash Ultimate I did a couple months ago:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I took a trip on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad and got some great pictures from it.
It started in the desert.

Then climbed into the alpine forest.

Then it got stormy. These aren't photoshopped in any way btw.

Here's the train, it was raining pretty hard when we stopped for lunch.

And we rode into the mist.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Just wanna take a moment to appreciate the fact that Wolf actually came back into Smash Bros...outside of all the other character speculations and whatnot I'm very, very glad one of my mains is making his comeback in Ultimate (also getting Snake back was quite a surprise and can't wait to play as both of them again). He also looks incredibly well-detailed with his new outfit and his moves look like they're getting the love this time around since he was kind of rushed into Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm also very thrilled he's getting his own Amiibo around the time of release and it looks amazing. So much great stuff.

Now I just need to get a Nintendo Switch for when the game comes out...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
There was a problem fetching the tweet

ZeRo's thoughts about Wolf from yesterday. Actually some good discussion of the character in the comments, too.

Worth a read.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Hello! Mind me jumping in for the best boy?
Wolf is an really great character and I am for his appearances. I wonder how he changed from Brawl.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
There was a problem fetching the tweet

ZeRo's thoughts about Wolf from yesterday. Actually some good discussion of the character in the comments, too.

Worth a read.
Did something happen? Has a playable Wolf surfaced?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wolf was held back by footstool combos in Brawl? I never even heard of them until Sm4sh. The whole running gag with Brawl was that due to the lack of hitstun, there were no combos. Chaingrabs did screw him over among other issues.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I don't remember footstools screwing Wolf over that much, it was more chaingrabbing and exploitable recovery that held Wolf back. Both were fixed with the 1 second grab limit and the removal of edge hogging.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I don’t know much about competitive brawl other than the wacky Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Olimar meta. I do hope Wolf is as good as or plays similarly to his Project M incarnation because, wow. Wolf is something else in that game

T!t!

Smash Cadet
Just a random thought and nothing gamechanging but in Sm4sh the game mirrored the some charactermodels when turning around(Sakurai did mention this part himself) Now looking at Ultimate, Wolf clearly shows that his model (maybe it is the case for everybody in Smash Ultimate, didn't break it down that far) isn't mirrored when turning around. It's especially easy to notice on Wolf because of his eye patch. Just look at the clips where he performs his downsmash or dash attack and compare it to other clips.

edit: I just checked back and Sakurai stated that this was the case for some characters, so it wasn't the case for everybody in the roster.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Just a random thought and nothing gamechanging but in Sm4sh the game mirrored the some charactermodels when turning around(Sakurai did mention this part himself) Now looking at Ultimate, Wolf clearly shows that his model (maybe it is the case for everybody in Smash Ultimate, didn't break it down that far) isn't mirrored when turning around. It's especially easy to notice on Wolf because of his eye patch. Just look at the clips where he performs his downsmash or dash attack and compare it to other clips.

edit: I just checked back and Sakurai stated that this was the case for some characters, so it wasn't the case for everybody in the roster.
Mirroring is a good way to not have to redo animations. Basically, when you make animations you make them in a way where the best parts of the characters are very prominent, as in you can see your character looking "good" while performing those animations. An example is, you don't have the characters chest facing left/right, instead it somehow faces towards the camera even though the character itself is facing left/right. But that would mean that when you turn the character, now he is turning his back on you, which won't look good. So you either: A-) Create a completely new set of animations for when he is facing the other direction. Or B-) Mirror all his animations from the other side which effectively takes 0 time and effort.

Now this rule is normally circumvented for characters who will look "odd" or "wrong" when mirrored. Characters like Samus (blaster cannon in wrong arm when mirrored), Wolf (eye patch in wrong eye when mirrored), Sword Users who have a "cannon" sword wielding arm (like Link, although I think Link was mirrored in 1 game and almost everyone noticed he would "switch hands"). You can decide to mirror them anyways and just not be accurate, or take the extra time to make some new animations and be as accurate as you can.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don’t know much about competitive brawl other than the wacky Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Olimar meta. I do hope Wolf is as good as or plays similarly to his Project M incarnation because, wow. Wolf is something else in that game
Brawl's meta was more like:
METAKNIGHT!!! Iceclimbers, other top tiers, everyone else.

Top Bottom