• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
If DACUS was implemented into SSBU (please?), how do you guys think that would compliment Wolf’s new DA? Anyone even want dacus to be back?
First off I'm pretty sure DACUS won't ever come back. It was in the early build für Smash 4 as a bug and Nintendo patched it out. I wouldn't mind it but we got it but we already got a lot of new movement options in Ultimate so we don't really need it. But if we get it everyone should be able to use it. Always bothered me in Brawl that only a few could utilize it.

Last edited:

T!t!

Smash Cadet
A small thing I noticed that is nothing too big i guess:
Did u notice which Brawl characters (meaning characters that were playable in Brawl but not in Sm4sh) were in the playable demo? Once I noticed, I was kinda tilted: All the characters that were in Brawl but were missing out in Sm4sh were playable at the E3 demo. Except for Wolf. I mean Ice Climbers, Snake, Pokémon Trainer. Just a little fun fact ;)

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
A small thing I noticed that is nothing too big i guess:
Did u notice which Brawl characters (meaning characters that were playable in Brawl but not in Sm4sh) were in the playable demo? Once I noticed, I was kinda tilted: All the characters that were in Brawl but were missing out in Sm4sh were playable at the E3 demo. Except for Wolf. I mean Ice Climbers, Snake, Pokémon Trainer. Just a little fun fact ;)
Wolf was really rushed and unfinished in Brawl. Compared to all the other returning characters from Brawl they have to put the most work into him because he got a completely new model and stuff. So he isn't in the demo not because he is less important but because he isn't far enough in development and you could see that in his preview.

Noventiaa

Smash Cadet
Yeah most of the other characters from brawl seem very similar to how they were. Apart from updating them to Ultimate's graphics there were only a few changes like IC's chaingrabs being deliberately removed. Wolf has a lot of changed moves (dthrow, nair, ect.) and ones he still has work differently, so that has to be done on top of his new model.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I do appreciate the extra time they're putting into Wolf. They're giving him the development time he deserves this time around, rather than being rushed again.

Out of the characters we've seen, he's definitely one of the more underdeveloped thus far. Textures look dirty, model could use some more work, etc. They just had to get him presentable enough for the Smash Ultimate E3 Presentation.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hope they have him in a playable demo in the future. We're getting a lot of footage and info on characters like Link.

Noventiaa

Smash Cadet
I hope they have him in a playable demo in the future. We're getting a lot of footage and info on characters like Link.
Unfortunately, i doubt it. if there is a demo it'll likely be like sm4sh's demo, where three veterans and one new character (likely ridley) are playable. Even if not there definitely won't be the whole cast and out of a smallish selection i can't see wolf being picked.

Last edited:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Save him for the unlocks, honestly.

As much as I am dying too see his finished form, I want to test his new kit in person. We've always been on our own little cloud anyway. I'm looking forward to meeting the new members of the pack; the ones who survive and aren't eaten alive, I mean.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm so glad he has the proper Wolf Flash in the new game. So far I'm not opposed to the moves that were changed. His most unique and awesome moves (F Smash, U Smash, F Tilt, Dair) still haven't been confirmed though, which is worrying.

We also haven't seen Bair to confirm if it was changed. I hope his Uair and Bair still combo into themselves, and that his air speed is still insanely good. Also don't know if his blaster is still a melee move that can combo into his shot. I would assume so, since it still has the bayonet.

Really putting it all together, we don't really know the full extent of Wolf's overhaul. His blaster animation is different, his dash attack, throws, neutral air, forward aerial, jab combo...all different. His only moves confirmed the same is Down Smash and Wolf Flash. So what are the odds he'll keep all the old classic moves we haven't seen? As long as they're functionally mostly the same, I dont mind animation tweaks to many of them. But he could be a whole new beast altogether in this game.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ah man it's just like the old Wolf thread before speculation for Ultimate was even starting! I don't seem to get updates for this thread! Hopefully this post fixes that. Anyways, have I missed any noteworthy Wolf discussion over the past 4 pages?

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
I don't think it's impossible for Wolf to be featured in a future playable demo.
After all, the selling point of this game is every character returning so it'd make sense to include a previously cut character in a demo roster. He may not have been ready in time for E3. Pichu and Young Link are in the same boat but also much more similar to Pikachu and Link than Wolf is to Fox.

However, if they go the way of Sm4sh's very limited demo again, then no I don't expect him to be playable.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Nintendo has revealed the Wolf Amiibo. Comes out with Smash Ultimate alongside Ridley and Inkling.

Here's the full preview image

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Cool, and he's with the first wave.

Though, not too big on the pose.

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Yes finally a Wolf amiibo
Nintendo has revealed the Wolf Amiibo. Comes out with Smash Ultimate alongside Ridley and Inkling.

Here's the full preview image
Yay I can't wait to get my hands on him and I can add him to my other amiibos that I have.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That amiibo is amazing, all the more so because I feared a Wolf amiibo might never happen.

How do Best Buy preorders go? Do they charge the card at checkout or when it ships?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You know I just thought about something....

Where's your chain grab in THIS game Lombardi?

Looks like it's game over for the Fox AND the Bird.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I mean, smash 4 already did that.
Yeah, no kidding.

But guess who wasn't around to enjoy that? Guess who never got to have a reasonable match against Falco, Dedede and Pikachu because of it? Now the tables have turned and the playing field has evened out. Now Falco will have to fight Wolf with, you know, more than one attack.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
First off I'm pretty sure DACUS won't ever come back. It was in the early build für Smash 4 as a bug and Nintendo patched it out. I wouldn't mind it but we got it but we already got a lot of new movement options in Ultimate so we don't really need it. But if we get it everyone should be able to use it. Always bothered me in Brawl that only a few could utilize it.
Well, the only real difference now is that you don't need to cumbersomely cancel dash with jump and an immidiate up smash input, but can instead, from what I've heard and read at least, simply let go of dash and immidiately afterwards use or input pretty much anything from Jab, Tilts, Smash and Specials as you desire, the only question is how quick this will be compared to dacus and if character attributes such as traction and weight will influence the speed/ stopping time of a dash and so on.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, did you noticed this?

So it just donned on me that Wolfs character art looks very familiar...
Really?! when you think wolf, you think this guy? The main reason I'm gonna make :ultwolf: my secondary main right after:ultganondorf: is actually his uncanny resemblance to this guy------------>

I mean just take a look at this for instance.

And most importantly in terms of personality and role in their respective series, there's really no better comparison, I mean Garou just straight up translates to HungryWolf for crying (howling)out loud!!!

With all that being said, I'd like to join your ranks, this seems like a nice pack to be a part of ;)
Yeah, you're late to the party, on that one I'm afraid. And again, why does every single Martial arts related thing come back to Dragon ball?! I'm sorry but that series is an overhyped/rated heap of garbage!!!

And not to mention, you're doing Wolf a disservice, by comparing him to wimpy ass YAMCHA of all people. You know the character, that is the butt of all jokes in a series, that's already a big joke ( at least as far as Toriyama is concerned) and gets taken WAY TOO SERIOUSLY by it's fans, just like wrestling?!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, you're late to the party, on that one I'm afraid. And again, why does every single Martial arts related thing come back to Dragon ball?! I'm sorry but that series is an overhyped/rated heap of garbage!!!

And not to mention, you're doing Wolf a disservice, by comparing him to wimpy *** YAMCHA of all people. You know the character, that is the butt of all jokes in a series, that's already a big joke ( at least as far as Toriyama is concerned) and gets taken WAY TOO SERIOUSLY by it's fans, just like wrestling?!
What did DBZ ever do to you lol, really. You're borderline flaming.

Also, I see you're from Austria, do you know of the legendary Gheb?

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
What did DBZ ever do to you lol, really. You're borderline flaming.

Also, I see you're from Austria, do you know of the legendary Gheb?
Nothing really, I occasionially watched Dbs and chuckled when fans were dissapointed about it, as though Dbz was such a master piece in comparison. I just consider Db as a whole, to be a guilty pleasure, nothing more.

The real problem with it, as with many Cartoon/anime shows, lies with it's Fandom, THEY TURN AND POP UP EVERYWHERE, at points/discussions they have no business being, invading/infesting any sort of conversation/topic with: "This reminds me of Dbz, wow that's such a rip-off. Even Krillin could beat this guy!" Especially that last part, the ****ing obsolete powerscaling fanbase, that starts to compare everything against Dbz powerbase, as though that was suddenly the end or be all Factor in defining quality, which isn't the case at all, even Toriyama doesn't give a **** about that sort of spiel.

But yeah sorry this doesn't really have any place here, I was just wondering if anyone would try to start a Flame war if I dared to insult their dear nostagic child, which surely would have been the case if I did such a thing on Youtube, but ofc I seriously hope that's not the case here.

Well anyway as for Gheb, might have heard him mentionned somewhere, but as for personally meeting or knowing the guy, no sorry. I haven't gone to a single Tourney or Local thus far, since I would consider myself a very passionate Smash Fan with a greater interest in the mechanics and ideal methods of play, but uptil now I would never have considered trying to enter the Pro scene. I mean heck, I only just now joined the Smash boards due to the hype but also legitimately hopeful/promising vibe Smash Ultimate is giving off so far. I only lurked the smashboards during smash4 and might have considered dropping smash entirely if Smash4 would have been the "best" we could expect and considering all the other rumours regarding Smash's future, we had been hearing up to the Ult. Reveal.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a big DBZ fan but really like Team Four Star's Abridged Series.
Yeah, I just like the fact that unlike the majority of passionate fans, they are aware of the series shortcomings and actual intend/meaning behind a lot of the shows elements, quips/quirks and such and as a result deliver the most high quality Abridged series, that's out there.

That's also one of the main reasons I enjoy Onepunchman so much, which funnily enough two of it's most prominent Characters; Saitama and Garou are pretty much directly inspired by Goku and Vegeta respectively, but in a more tounge and cheek, but surprisingly deep fashion/manner.

Ishiey Ishiey
And regarding Gheb(is the name taken from the actual egyptian God, the Jojo Stand or something else?) where is that guy from exactly? His page just says Europe, which doesn't give me any concrete idea about the guy, as Europe is rather diverse, and I couldn't even find the guy listed in the Austrian Tourney Section in Ssb or anywhere else for that matter, unlike C5 from BeefySmashdoods, which was quite a surprise, as I would have never guessed from his accent( sounds more balkan-y to be honest).

So why was that guy specifically relevant to me?

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Playtime is finally over.

In SSB4 I simply never could find a 2nd character I enjoyed playing enough to call a secondary. Wolf also happened to be left out to pasture while Lucas made it back. Maybe now with the Fox McCloud's rival back in the fray, I'll be able to have TWO characters I enjoy playing. Hopefully his B-Air is still as good as ever.

....Man I really need to play my Star Fox Zero copy.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Looking forward to seeing one of my mains return!

Really digging Wolf's amiibo even though I can see that his model still needs some touch ups before being released in December. As far as him being playable in a demo, it's a 50/50 since they may end up prorating :ulticeclimbers::ultsnake:and :ultpokemontrainer: before Wolf even get a chance so I'm fine with waiting for him until December

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
But yeah sorry this doesn't really have any place here, I was just wondering if anyone would try to start a Flame war if I dared to insult their dear nostagic child, which surely would have been the case if I did such a thing on Youtube, but ofc I seriously hope that's not the case here.
I mean, the way you went about it basically makes you the person starting any potential flame wars lol. Just sayin', if you're not into flame wars it helps to not needlessly berate stuff.

Gheb was a Brawl Wolf from Austria that was very active on the forums back then, that's all. Doesn't seem like he's interested in re-joining the scene these days though, a lot can change in four years. A few other Wolf mains might return, but we'll see once the game's actually out.

@ demo stuff, anyone going to SSC? I'm hoping they have an updated demo available for us to try out! Either way I'm really excited to play Smash Ult after my tournament matches are out of the way :3

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I just noticed for the first time Wolf doesnt have his original all-fours crouch.

Fkn why???

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
I mean, the way you went about it basically makes you the person starting any potential flame wars lol. Just sayin', if you're not into flame wars it helps to not needlessly berate stuff.

Gheb was a Brawl Wolf from Austria that was very active on the forums back then, that's all. Doesn't seem like he's interested in re-joining the scene these days though, a lot can change in four years. A few other Wolf mains might return, but we'll see once the game's actually out.

@ demo stuff, anyone going to SSC? I'm hoping they have an updated demo available for us to try out! Either way I'm really excited to play Smash Ult after my tournament matches are out of the way :3
Yeah, you could say I was testing the waters, glad that there was nobody to take the bait.

Anyway, huh interesting, well I'm definitely planning on frequenting these boards myself, more so though once we have more stuff/info to sink our teeth into. Meanwhile I'm more occupied with all the analysing and heated debates we're having over at the Ganondorf Boards, which reminds me......

Does (or did) Wolf make for a good secondary main to Ganon, in terms of covering his worse matchups and such? I know that's a very complex and hard to answer question as the cast and especially Top tier branch has expanded by a lot of characters since Brawl, but from what I vaguely remember, Wolf did have a pretty good neutral all things considered and pretty good combo and kill potential( I hope he makes a good Luma killer, and can also better deal with Bayo's shenanigans), really his worst attribute he shared with Ganon was his recovery, which hopefully shouldn't be as terrible now that he can act after side-b?( I hope he doesn't suffer or get excluded from the new club much like Lil'mac, but as of now unfortunately Ganon and Falcon, which pisses me off to no end!)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah, you could say I was testing the waters, glad that there was nobody to take the bait.

Anyway, huh interesting, well I'm definitely planning on frequenting these boards myself, more so though once we have more stuff/info to sink our teeth into. Meanwhile I'm more occupied with all the analysing and heated debates we're having over at the Ganondorf Boards, which reminds me......

Does (or did) Wolf make for a good secondary main to Ganon, in terms of covering his worse matchups and such? I know that's a very complex and hard to answer question as the cast and especially Top tier branch has expanded by a lot of characters since Brawl, but from what I vaguely remember, Wolf did have a pretty good neutral all things considered and pretty good combo and kill potential( I hope he makes a good Luma killer, and can also better deal with Bayo's shenanigans), really his worst attribute he shared with Ganon was his recovery, which hopefully shouldn't be as terrible now that he can act after side-b?( I hope he doesn't suffer or get excluded from the new club much like Lil'mac, but as of now unfortunately Ganon and Falcon, which pisses me off to no end!)
You were "testing the waters" by doing exactly what you claim bothers you. Like literally you're saying: "I hate the fandom because they get fight over nothing" but I will fight over just the mere mention of a character because they will fight me if I fight them.

It's not only extremely hypocritical, it's also ironic and it makes you look oblivious to yourself. If you truly hate a behavior, be the first not to do the thing you claim you hate. Also, you should hate yourself if you truly hate that behavior, no?

I just noticed for the first time Wolf doesnt have his original all-fours crouch.

Fkn why???
I assume balance reasons? His crouch was really low to the floor, which is a very strong option. If not, then the Smash team ****ed up, that crouch was amazing. And here I thought they might even give him a crawl since his crouch was in all 4s, that dream is gone now.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
You were "testing the waters" by doing exactly what you claim bothers you. Like literally you're saying: "I hate the fandom because they get fight over nothing" but I will fight over just the mere mention of a character because they will fight me if I fight them.

It's not only extremely hypocritical, it's also ironic and it makes you look oblivious to yourself. If you truly hate a behavior, be the first not to do the thing you claim you hate. Also, you should hate yourself if you truly hate that behavior, no?

I assume balance reasons? His crouch was really low to the floor, which is a very strong option. If not, then the Smash team ****ed up, that crouch was amazing. And here I thought they might even give him a crawl since his crouch was in all 4s, that dream is gone now.
You know what the say about assuming......

When did I ever say, I hate people who start ****? It's quite the opposite, I can respect people that aren't afraid to speak their mind, which is just what I like to do, even if it's not in the most civil or tactful manner. There is even a term for that in german; STREITHAHN.
Though it's not like I just get into needless arguments or discussions with people for the hell of it, like a troll, but when people start claiming stuff that's illogical or otherwise extremely bothersome, I call them out on their bull.( That Db deal just happens to be a triggerwarning, due to past experiences)

I think you good sir, made the mistake of linking/projecting your qualities and values onto me, which just made an ass out of you and me.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You know what the say about assuming......

When did I ever say, I hate people who start ****? It's quite the opposite, I can respect people that aren't afraid to speak their mind, which is just what I like to do, even if it's not in the most civil or tactful manner. There is even a term for that in german; STREITHAHN.
Though it's not like I just get into needless arguments or discussions with people for the hell of it, like a troll, but when people start claiming stuff that's illogical or otherwise extremely bothersome, I call them out on their bull.( That Db deal just happens to be a triggerwarning, due to past experiences)

I think you good sir, made the mistake of linking/projecting your qualities and values onto me, which just made an *** out of you and me.
No, I am pointing out hypocritical behavior, like this:

"Though it's not like I just get into needless arguments or discussions with people for the hell of it, like a troll"

This is literally what you wanted to do, and I allowed you to do. You also said this: "I was just wondering if anyone would try to start a Flame war if I dared to insult their dear nostagic child"

You can infer things from the way you speak and talk about something, it's not truthfully assumption. That said, hate might have been too strong of a word, I guess I should have used "if you're against said behavior". I can assure you though that you are in no way "waiting on bull****" or "illogical" stuff to call out, that's what I am doing. You are legitimately just wanting to start out an argument for no reason, and you did.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
No, I am pointing out hypocritical behavior, like this:

"Though it's not like I just get into needless arguments or discussions with people for the hell of it, like a troll"

This is literally what you wanted to do, and I allowed you to do. You also said this: "I was just wondering if anyone would try to start a Flame war if I dared to insult their dear nostagic child"

You can infer things from the way you speak and talk about something, it's not truthfully assumption. That said, hate might have been too strong of a word, I guess I should have used "if you're against said behavior". I can assure you though that you are in no way "waiting on bull****" or "illogical" stuff to call out, that's what I am doing. You are legitimately just wanting to start out an argument for no reason, and you did.

Let me show you some psychology here and teach you about yourself. What you are doing is trying to start an argument, almost assuredly because you are mad that your, probably subjective, opinion about some discussions you've had in the past is not considered the "popular one" and you want to constantly belittle those who share that "other opinion". You amount them into one group and then believe that if you can prove one or two of those people wrong, your opinion will somehow be more valid than the other. What you should do instead is analyze that most of those opinions are subjective anyways, and that it doesn't matter if a lot of people believe X or believe Y, there's no reason for you to be on the prowl to start arguments to humiliate others.
Oh, would you take a look at pampered Freud. Jung. Jr here, did your mommy feed you some spoons of wisdom today? Wow, hardly laughed this hard at someone's reply. This isn't upsetting in the slightest if that's what you were aiming for.
It just shows me what a pretentious know-it-all you are.

Also, you are accusing me of being a hypocrit and wanting to start an unnesaccary argument. Really?!?! I'm not sure if you noticed, but I clearly stated afterwards upon objectively being called out for flaming, that I was sorry, it was uncalled for, in other words childish. Now tell me! How many trolls do you know that **** talk something( though Dragon ball being mostly comedic is not an subjective opinion) and than immdiately retract their words/actions, instant of , idk continuing to poor fire in the oil and watch the chaos unfold?! So by your definition what would you think about someone that attacked or engaged someone, a brawler in this case, who after a fight/quarrel he started, willingly retreated or pulled back from and admitted to be at fault for? But than having the gall to do the same, but acting and holding himself on a higher moral ground and being a better person? I don't know about you, but that sounds like the very definition of a Hypocrit to me. So I call bull on you calling bull on me.
I guess I caught a big one after all, just what kind, well let's see....

They only reason one could have for restarting a fight after it's over is either

1) just being incredibly petty and having a lot of self doubt.

2) heavily reacting/feeling personally wounded by something said in that argument.

And I have a strong feeling it's the later, though we already ruled out the possibility of that being you triggered by hypocrisy, since that would make you a triple hypocrit and thereby loath yourself.

How about the very thing, I was getting needlessly angry over, Db(z) fans?
How else do you explain you saying, or dancing around the bush moreso in this case, around the fact that you like Dragon ball yourself and consider my opinion to be the lesser one, and yours the popular, which is pretty relative, what I was mostly referring to when talking about Db, was it's quality in story telling and character and tone, an opinion most people in Mal for example share, if you look at it's placing on the top charts of that site. But if that assesment happens to be wrong you are option 1, a ridiciously petty, hypocritical troll.

I'm legetimately sorry for having the rest of this thread witness this pathetic display, so if you have anything more insightful to say, which I seriously doubt, please message me personally, though I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna laugh it off, which I hope the rest of you can too.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Alright. I'm no mod, but I am the thread owner, and I'm going to have to ask you both to drop the conversation.

I get that it's a social thread, but heated arguments and insults are not what this thread needs.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Y'know, I kind of forgot about being concerned over Wolf's crouch since I never thought someting like that would be changed. Did I miss something, has it been reworked in any form?

On that note about Crawling; I never really understood why he couldn't crawl and someone like Wario could. What the hell Sakurai?

Lmao. But more importantly, somthing I've always wondered in general.... Why is Wolf so sluggish compared to the other two space animals?

In Assault he was all about raw Speed, Power and aggression with a weakness in his vertical mobility. Never fully understood why he got the Ganon end of the stick.

On another note. For the whole derailed dbz topic at debate, I just want you all to know I didn't fully read a single post and you all simply wasted your time writing it. Personally I love DB all around and while it gets super cheesy it's also deep as **** and relateable. Shouts to anyone watching super. I am currently catching up on the series. I think Wolf's stance is more fitting of someone like Vegeta or whatever but paying any homeage to the series is a fun addition to an already cool enough character.

Go Yamcha.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Y'know, I kind of forgot about being concerned over Wolf's crouch since I never thought someting like that would be changed. Did I miss something, has it been reworked in any form?

On that note about Crawling; I never really understood why he couldn't crawl and someone like Wario could. What the hell Sakurai?

Lmao. But more importantly, somthing I've always wondered in general.... Why is Wolf so sluggish compared to the other two space animals?

In Assault he was all about raw Speed, Power and aggression with a weakness in his vertical mobility. Never fully understood why he got the Ganon end of the stick.

On another note. For the whole derailed dbz topic at debate, I just want you all to know I didn't fully read a single post and you all simply wasted your time writing it. Personally I love DB all around and while it gets super cheesy it's also deep as **** and relateable. Shouts to anyone watching super. I am currently catching up on the series. I think Wolf's stance is more fitting of someone like Vegeta or whatever but paying any homeage to the series is a fun addition to an already cool enough character.

Go Yamcha.
Because you can't really make Wolf faster than Fox without making him dangerously close to Sonic speed, and keeping him about the same would make him too similar. Or it's because Wolf is considered broken in Assault multiplayer and so they kept the relative bulk but cut down some of the speed. That the end result is one of the few true all-rounders in Smash is pretty interesting.

Top Bottom