• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Wolf Social Discussion

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
"Don't hesitate! When the time comes, just act!" - Wolf O'Donnell

WELCOME TO THE PACK
Welcome to the Wolf Social Discussion, part of the '44 - Wolf' character discussion board. This is the place to go to discuss anything, Wolf-related or otherwise. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and get to know your fellow Wolf players. We're a good community, trying to build up as strongly as we can leading up to the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Be sure to join our Wolf Discord server, while you're here!

Character History
Wolf O'Donnell is a prominent villain within the Star Fox universe. He's was in the previously cancelled Star Fox 2 for SNES, made his official debut in Star Fox 64, and has since been in Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Command, Star Fox 64 3D, and Star Fox Zero. When it comes to Smash Bros, he was in Melee's opening, and a unique playable character back in Brawl. However, he was only a trophy in Smash 4, missing out on both the initial roster and the DLC. After ten long years, Wolf has finally make his return. His design is based on Star Fox Zero, and each of his moves have received a significant upgrade. For more about Wolf in Smash Ultimate, be sure to check out his fighter page on the Smash Bros. website, and check out the Wolf Competitive Discussion thread.

Forum Rules
Being a social thread, just about any conversation topic is valid here, about Wolf or otherwise. Just be aware of the global rules and forum rules you need to follow. Everything you see on those pages apply to this thread. As for the Wolf Social Discussion in particular, I'll give you the run-down on what you can and cannot do around here. In no particular order:
  • Every community has supporters and haters. Show respect to everyone, and don't fall for troll bait.
  • Give your posts purpose. Have at least one good sentence, and avoid media only posts.
  • Make sure everything you post is appropriate. NO inappropriate videos, images, etc. will be tolerated.
  • If you do slip up, I'll give you a friendly warning. Continue and the moderators will intervene.
  • If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!
Extras
Wolf's renders from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

-
Wolf's palette swaps and stock icons in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Custom made Wolf signature made by Caravan of Noobs Caravan of Noobs

-​
44: Wolf – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-​

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
HE LOOKS FEISTY AND DEADLY AS HELL

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
"After ten long years, Wolf makes his return. His design is based on Star Fox Zero, and each of his moves have received a significant upgrade."

He was rushed in Brawl, but now, they've given him the attention he deserves! He looks incredible!

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Color scheme is a little odd but otherwise I like the design as a whole.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I got ****ing chills when he said ten long years. It's actually the ****ing case.

I'm so ****ing happy, lads. As well as for everyone that got their characters back.

This is so ****ing great.

You better all believe I'll be the best ****ing Wolf main though ahah.

Frection

Smash Rookie
This new game is just absolutely ****ing unbelievable. I'm literally shaking.

WE GET TO WAVEDASH WITH WOLF IN AN OFFICIAL GAME FUAJFJDNAJDUDHJSKSDJF

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wolf has finally been set free! Its been too long, boys and girls.

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Can't say the purple works for me, but the design itself is great.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Can't say the purple works for me, but the design itself is great.
Yeah, it doesn't look too bad but they went with an awfully bright purple and the pink accents are a little much tbh

I'm just glad wolf doesn't look jank anymore like he did back in brawl, seeing him with actually smooth animations is great

Last edited:

Cin726

Smash Cadet
I mean there will be alt. colors so I'm not stressing about it yet. Though I remember in Brawl when you changed Wolf's costume colors it also changed the hue of his fur, which I didn't care for. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Am I only one who's hoping that Wolf gets his appearance from Star Fox Assault as well? I'm already missing that hi-tech scouter of his.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Am I only one who's hoping that Wolf gets his appearance from Star Fox Assault as well? I'm already missing that hi-tech scouter of his.
No you are not.

I think his new design actually looks pretty unpolished and weird. He doesn't even look like Wolf anymore, he looks like some punk. I don't like the color scheme at all, nor his head shape. His jaw is actually unfinished (as his entire model looks tbh), just look at the official Wolf video.

THAT is the Wolf I remember from Star Fox. If Sakurai doesn't make his original look an alt that would be seriously unjust; but why do I have a nagging feeling it won't ever be added. Just because he has ONE appearance in a new game all the sudden that's his new design forget the classic Wolf. Yet Megaman keeps his classic look, Sonic, etc. I hate when simple obvious things are missed so blatantly...Can we get the ACTUAL Wolf from Brawl back please?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Would be nice, that's for sure.

Wolf model doesn't look finished based off the trailer. Definitely not as smooth as Fox or Falco. He'll get polished up a good bit before the game launches though, I'm sure.

The only grievances I have with Wolf is his default color scheme is a bit odd, and his pose isn't the greatest. Oh, and I miss the beard he had.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I've been on a 3 year hiatus from the boards because I said I wouldn't return until Wolf did, he returned and so have I. I also vowed I would not change my avatar until Wolf returned, he has returned so I will change it soon but none of that matters because he's back!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What's the matter, scared?

Glad to see Wolf finally made his well deserved return

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I'm pretty stoked that we actually see his full design now. All we had was the incomplete cockpit model for the longest time. I like what I see.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
So it just donned on me that Wolfs character art looks very familiar...

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Opinions on Wolf's model?
You know me, I've always been a fan of the Assault style. Still though, Wolf doesn't look bad. I just hope there's a brown or black jacket alt for him.

His in-game model looks early in development, so I'm anxious to see how Wolf looks in his prime. Krystal's model looks under-developed as well.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I love the design & the colors.
But some parts of Wolf's face are not on the same level of detail, as Fox and Falco's:
(Taken from the Ultimate Site)
Fox Render.jpg

Falco Render.jpg

Wolf Render.jpg

Fox looks good, just a little rough around the ears.
Falco is G O R G E O U S
Wolf's face is still a little blocky. Or rough.

They still have ~6 months to go and Sakurai said, there is much to be done. A lot of voice clips are missing for example.
I assume they will touch up his face, so it is closer to the render:
S5Wolf.png

(Good god, I love his render and the fur <3)

Also we have a "Sex-Kick-Nair" now.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It puts a smile on my face seeing Wolf (and Snake) back in Smash again. 10 years was such a long time but he made it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom