• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Competitive Discussion - Everyone mains Wolf now lol

3picwo3z

Smash Rookie
Even though fair is turning into the quintessential neutral move for Wolf, I love nair so much. I get so much mileage out of it. Late hit nairs (that sometimes trip!) into ftilt, dtilt, dash attack, dsmash. Probably the safest move for him to edgeguard with offstage other than his blaster. Fantastic emergency option at close range.
Nair is a good oos option, ledge trap, and gimping tool. In some cases, you can crossup shields. Even though fair is a really good tool, nair has options that fair can't do.

lordsusaki

Smash Rookie
Although it seems Wolf did well in early tournaments (from what I saw in the forum), Zero does not rank him well
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a73hl7/new_tier_list_for_the_current_metagame_in_smash/
Thoughts?
Leffen put him high tier after playing with him some and analyzing his frames and combos. Zero never really used wolf so I trust Leffen more on this one. Plus just playing him you can tell he's super solid character. At worst high mid tier, but probably high tier.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Leffen put him high tier after playing with him some and analyzing his frames and combos. Zero never really used wolf so I trust Leffen more on this one. Plus just playing him you can tell he's super solid character. At worst high mid tier, but probably high tier.
Personally I think he could be top tier. His neutral and advantage states are stupidly good and his disadvantage isn't as bad as you'd think due to fair and nair being broken and the threat of side b. HIs recovery is ass but so is richter and simons, and marths, and chroms, also lasers alone can shut down a lot of characters approach and neutral, mainly bigger characters but the threat is still there. His combos are also legit horrifying, if he lands a nair or fair on you then expect that you won't be walking away without an additional 30 or 40% on you, with the potential to be more if he gets more optimized. Then he also has his ridiculous fsmash and dsmash with his even more ridiculous back air, usmash to catch rolls or platforms, and the fact that 4 of his moves can lead into side b for a stupidly early kill on last stocks, so wolf has almost everything he needs to be amazing and he also has so much more potential too

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Although it seems Wolf did well in early tournaments (from what I saw in the forum), Zero does not rank him well
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a73hl7/new_tier_list_for_the_current_metagame_in_smash/
Thoughts?
My thoughts are it's hard to trust what any one person says this early in the game, no matter how highly ranked they are on PGR. I'm at the point now where I don't think Wolf will be top/S tier, but that's it. Unless a balance patch comes out soon, I think Wolf in his current state will settle in around the mid-high A tier area. Not just from my experience playing, but also watching tons of Wolf gameplay. There are already a lot of weaknesses being exploited. Maybe I'm being more conservative than I should be, but just my thoughts. It's still too early.

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

lordsusaki

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me if there is a difference between ftilt up and ftilt down. They have different animations. I've whiffed a ftilt down before and wondered if ftilt up would have hit. I don't see anyone talking about it so I'm really not sure. To be clear how it works you forward tilt while going like a little above directly forward or a little below. You'll see that the claw marks go upward or downward.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can someone tell me if there is a difference between ftilt up and ftilt down. They have different animations. I've whiffed a ftilt down before and wondered if ftilt up would have hit. I don't see anyone talking about it so I'm really not sure. To be clear how it works you forward tilt while going like a little above directly forward or a little below. You'll see that the claw marks go upward or downward.
The difference is that you either hit slightly above or slightly below you, yeah.
Use them as the situation demands.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Thanks for the Belmont tips guys. Wolf is an incredibly enjoyable character for me and def my main.

Short hop --> Neutral air is fantastic for early combos. Neutral air in general is just a fantastic move for a variety of purposes.

Back air is very strong as a kill option, and up air is too at relatively high percents as you're juggling an opponent. So's back throw. Down air is a wonderful spiking move although it has limited uses on platforms. You're usually better off neutral airing instead.

Up throw --> forward air is a really solid early combo but it only works early because at medium percents on up they will be out of range after you throw, and so you need to hope they do bad DI for your forward air to land then. Or delay your forward air

Forward tilt is perhaps one of the best ftilts in the game imho. Very fast, long range, usually multiple hits.

Reflect is great because of its downward hit box. Makes for a wonderful aerial mixup approaching option and middle fingers projectiles with ease.

Laser is so goddamn good for catching rolls and whiffed attacks from a distance, plus if you can get them hit at close range it does a good chunk more damage. It can also be used to gimp recoveries but that's a bit more difficult.

My only dislikes with the character are his garbage recovery, lackluster down and forward throws, and lackluster smash attacks. Up smash is good for catching on platforms but has a narrow window to hit with plus a long charge up time. Side smash does not extend very far at all, which is weird given Brawl wolf had a much bigger side smash. Downsmash is good for catching rolls or punishing ledge campers but again, has a long chargeup time. The throws I mentioned are decent but aren't anything to write home about. Forward throw in particular is pretty weak, a la Marth's back throw.

The side special works well for certain angled recoveries although it leaves you wide open due to end lag. Really hard to spike with it since you can't recover after you use it, but it's stylish as ****. (SERIOUSLY ANGRY YOU CAN'T UP B AFTER SIDE B).

Overall, I absolutely love Wolf. He's so fun to play as and I generally agree he's either high mid-tier (B) or low high tier (A). Can't see him being S tier but honestly I can see Wolf winning a major - he's overall a very well balanced character.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Thanks for the Belmont tips guys. Wolf is an incredibly enjoyable character for me and def my main.

Short hop --> Neutral air is fantastic for early combos. Neutral air in general is just a fantastic move for a variety of purposes.

Back air is very strong as a kill option, and up air is too at relatively high percents as you're juggling an opponent. So's back throw. Down air is a wonderful spiking move although it has limited uses on platforms. You're usually better off neutral airing instead.

Up throw --> forward air is a really solid early combo but it only works early because at medium percents on up they will be out of range after you throw, and so you need to hope they do bad DI for your forward air to land then. Or delay your forward air

Forward tilt is perhaps one of the best ftilts in the game imho. Very fast, long range, usually multiple hits.

Reflect is great because of its downward hit box. Makes for a wonderful aerial mixup approaching option and middle fingers projectiles with ease.

Laser is so goddamn good for catching rolls and whiffed attacks from a distance, plus if you can get them hit at close range it does a good chunk more damage. It can also be used to gimp recoveries but that's a bit more difficult.

My only dislikes with the character are his garbage recovery, lackluster down and forward throws, and lackluster smash attacks. Up smash is good for catching on platforms but has a narrow window to hit with plus a long charge up time. Side smash does not extend very far at all, which is weird given Brawl wolf had a much bigger side smash. Downsmash is good for catching rolls or punishing ledge campers but again, has a long chargeup time. The throws I mentioned are decent but aren't anything to write home about. Forward throw in particular is pretty weak, a la Marth's back throw.

The side special works well for certain angled recoveries although it leaves you wide open due to end lag. Really hard to spike with it since you can't recover after you use it, but it's stylish as ****. (SERIOUSLY ANGRY YOU CAN'T UP B AFTER SIDE B).

Overall, I absolutely love Wolf. He's so fun to play as and I generally agree he's either high mid-tier (B) or low high tier (A). Can't see him being S tier but honestly I can see Wolf winning a major - he's overall a very well balanced character.
Im jusy gonna put this out there, uthrow uair over fair, and his smashes are all amazing fsmash and dsmash are some of the best in ths game. Also A is considered top and B is considered high by todays standardw

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Some wolf player just f smash into f smash me.the second f smash caught me where I dropped shield and I though t i was in advantage stage for punishing that first f smash andthen i ate the second f smash.I wish replays could show button inputs

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
So I’m still rolling with Wolf regardless, but what does everyone think of some of his matchups with the really obvious top tiers? I’m talking the FE clones, Belmonts, Inkling, etc. Maybe K Rool but his gimmick is beginning to fade imo.

I love this character but my frustrations with his weaknesses are starting to show up more often as more people get better acquainted with the game.

Or should we maybe try to put together a matchup discussion thread? Are we even active enough here to generate enough discussion for all the characters?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
So I’m still rolling with Wolf regardless, but what does everyone think of some of his matchups with the really obvious top tiers? I’m talking the FE clones, Belmonts, Inkling, etc. Maybe K Rool but his gimmick is beginning to fade imo.

I love this character but my frustrations with his weaknesses are starting to show up more often as more people get better acquainted with the game.

Or should we maybe try to put together a matchup discussion thread? Are we even active enough here to generate enough discussion for all the characters?
I personally feel like we demolish snake and the belmonty moles pretty darn well, k rool as well. Marth is at worst a -1, we can really get under his skin with lazors, olimar is gonna be kind of painful but inklings I can see us doing decently against, the worst ones are gonna be the rat family as well as olimar no doubt. As well as chrom but I think chrom might not be that horrid since we do tend to put a roadblock in his neutral called the neutral b. Mewtwo could get kind of ugly

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The worst part about the belmonts is if they get you on the ledge, they can cover just about every getup option with their cross/axe, holy water, ftilt/smash, and reverse up B. I haven't gotten to play any on a stage with platforms like Kalos, or even Yoshi's, but it seems like Battlefield/FD are somewhat rough. Idk I haven't experimented much beyond just playing matches.

I've only faced one Olimar since launch so I can't really drop a fantastic opinion, and I don't even know if the player was just not good or if my strategy just worked tbh. But I just kind of did the old Brawl strategy of running away and laser camping to force Olimar to approach. I hated doing it but only the Yellow Pikmin can get past the laser.

I usually platform camp if I can against K Rool and wait for a mistake. He's such a big body that Wolf can get him to 90+% without any issue if you don't get hit with his side B at all. His moves are stupid if they get you but I honestly don't think he'll end up being a top tier in the long run. Same with Snake. Gimmicky characters always drop once you figure out how to beat their gimmick.

Pikachu and Pichu are so small that hitting them when they're on the ground feels unbelievably hard and unsafe. I feel like Wolf needs to take a beating and whiff punish these guys. Reflecting Thunder seems legit though, if they ever try it on you. To be honest I haven't played too many of them to give any high amount of detail.

I think Mewtwo is going to be hard no matter how many balance patches there are because he never has to approach if he doesn't want to. His projectile is just as good/better, he outranges all of Wolf's aerials, can reflect lasers, and has multiple throws that kill. And to be subjective, his nair is ungodly frustrating in every way.

Now the ones I've had the most issues with are the Marth clones. Maybe it's because they're all anyone is playing, maybe it's me, maybe it's the matchup. I don't know. I feel like laser camping is the best, no matter how much I get bored with it. Chrom hits like a truck and is ungodly fast. I think he's more of the glass cannon type that they wanted Little Mac to be and probably what he probably should have been. His aerials beat Wolf's and have crazy knockback, and he has stupid easy combos and kill confirms with jab. I tend to internally panic a bit when Chrom jumps over a laser to get in my face (and I always thank the hitbox on the blaster). Though, a well timed laser gimps Chrom, if he tries to recover low, you can spike him with dair easily. Roy isn't quite as spicy (even though he's Fire Marth) but the tactics mostly remain the same minus the gimp punishes. What I like about fighting them on stages with platforms is that you can very easily extend your combos on them using the platform since they're such fastfallers. I feel a bit the same about Lucina and Marth to an extent, except they're just milder and less in your face, more wall you out, whiff punish, intercept recovery. I think these guys will turn out to be harder for Wolf in the long run. Laser camp all day. Yawn.

Edit: I'm also curious as to what secondaries you guys have been using to back up Wolf for some of the more annoying matchups. I've basically been solo maining him and haven't really even touched a large majority of the characters yet.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
The worst part about the belmonts is if they get you on the ledge, they can cover just about every getup option with their cross/axe, holy water, ftilt/smash, and reverse up B. I haven't gotten to play any on a stage with platforms like Kalos, or even Yoshi's, but it seems like Battlefield/FD are somewhat rough. Idk I haven't experimented much beyond just playing matches.

I've only faced one Olimar since launch so I can't really drop a fantastic opinion, and I don't even know if the player was just not good or if my strategy just worked tbh. But I just kind of did the old Brawl strategy of running away and laser camping to force Olimar to approach. I hated doing it but only the Yellow Pikmin can get past the laser.

I usually platform camp if I can against K Rool and wait for a mistake. He's such a big body that Wolf can get him to 90+% without any issue if you don't get hit with his side B at all. His moves are stupid if they get you but I honestly don't think he'll end up being a top tier in the long run. Same with Snake. Gimmicky characters always drop once you figure out how to beat their gimmick.

Pikachu and Pichu are so small that hitting them when they're on the ground feels unbelievably hard and unsafe. I feel like Wolf needs to take a beating and whiff punish these guys. Reflecting Thunder seems legit though, if they ever try it on you. To be honest I haven't played too many of them to give any high amount of detail.

I think Mewtwo is going to be hard no matter how many balance patches there are because he never has to approach if he doesn't want to. His projectile is just as good/better, he outranges all of Wolf's aerials, can reflect lasers, and has multiple throws that kill. And to be subjective, his nair is ungodly frustrating in every way.

Now the ones I've had the most issues with are the Marth clones. Maybe it's because they're all anyone is playing, maybe it's me, maybe it's the matchup. I don't know. I feel like laser camping is the best, no matter how much I get bored with it. Chrom hits like a truck and is ungodly fast. I think he's more of the glass cannon type that they wanted Little Mac to be and probably what he probably should have been. His aerials beat Wolf's and have crazy knockback, and he has stupid easy combos and kill confirms with jab. I tend to internally panic a bit when Chrom jumps over a laser to get in my face (and I always thank the hitbox on the blaster). Though, a well timed laser gimps Chrom, if he tries to recover low, you can spike him with dair easily. Roy isn't quite as spicy (even though he's Fire Marth) but the tactics mostly remain the same minus the gimp punishes. What I like about fighting them on stages with platforms is that you can very easily extend your combos on them using the platform since they're such fastfallers. I feel a bit the same about Lucina and Marth to an extent, except they're just milder and less in your face, more wall you out, whiff punish, intercept recovery. I think these guys will turn out to be harder for Wolf in the long run. Laser camp all day. Yawn.

Edit: I'm also curious as to what secondaries you guys have been using to back up Wolf for some of the more annoying matchups. I've basically been solo maining him and haven't really even touched a large majority of the characters yet.
Personally I've been using Olimar, he craps all over pikachu and pichu and belmonty moles/snake, mewtwo is also pretty good for him, only suspect is maybe chrom but I personally think that's even, and K Rool? Who's that? Oh you must mean the crocodile that Olimar turned into a purse with 2 stocks left. I'm also using ROB as a counterpick if I don't want to go top tier mode, he does fairly good against belmonty moles and snake, freakin decimates K Rool, Mewtwo got much better for him so that matchup is more skill based now, and the rat family I don't think is THAT bad for him(??) it was only a -1 in smash 4 and smash 4 ROB was 3 layers of trash, those 3 being slow, clunky, and bigg, smash ultmate rob is only one of those things, and we prefer to call him LARGE now. Chrom against ROB can honestly bite my rectal gland so you might need to pick up a character specifically for him. But ROB specifically can cover some of Wolf's more...explosive matchups, think the Ryu duo, the heavies not named K Rool, Ike, and Incineroar, since those guys can keep up with him despite lasers and since wolf doesn't have the best kill confirms, they can kill him insanely easily since he's combo food and also light, ROB puts up walls around these melts and camps them out super easily.

Bit of a side note but I think ROB in this game could have one of the best MU spreads in the game, for a high tier.

Last edited:

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
I've been using Fox or Roy to back up Wolf, and even Pokemon Trainer is turning out to be a good option. I've been a Roy main for over fifteen years, and that isn't about to change, so I always have him.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Does Reflector ever true combo into anything? I was playing around with it in Training and the only thing I managed to get was Reflector to forward tilt at 0%.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Okay who does this Yoshi guy think he is finally being good after years of trash and why am I having so much trouble beating him? I went to a local outside my normal area today and like the top 3 all primarily played Yoshi. Before this I’ve seldom seen a Yoshi player. It’s like he just out prioritized every attack I had. And those eggs.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Okay who does this Yoshi guy think he is finally being good after years of trash and why am I having so much trouble beating him? I went to a local outside my normal area today and like the top 3 all primarily played Yoshi. Before this I’ve seldom seen a Yoshi player. It’s like he just out prioritized every attack I had. And those eggs.
Welcome to smash, where fast characters rule the meta, unless your name is Olimar, in that case you rule the meta by being a literal titanium wall

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I’m actually considering picking up a secondary just to deal with Marth and Lucina. I've adapted to the other swordsmen but this one feels rough for Wolf. Laser can only do so much.

Edit: Maybe I preemptively complained. After playing several Marth players today, if you get them afraid of you and hiding in their shield, it's winnable. I just kept cornering them, poking with ftilt outside of their grab/side B range and tried to avoid unnecessarily standing on platforms. Then grabbed if they thought they could get away with shielding too long, or attacked with fair if they tried to jump. There was some desperation attempts at up B out of shield but I just kept staying just outside that range as well.

Update Jan 14 - considering I may just be talking to myself here:

Since Zackray won that 500 man tournament in Japan I've really been watching his playstyle and trying to emulate his neutral a bit... I'm nowhere near his parrying ability though.

I'm kind of used to being a platform camping, bait and punish player, and Zackray has a tendency of being extremely aggressive in a lot of matchups. I'm finding this fairly useful against the zoners and Marth clones especially...Don't let them breathe. Suffocate them completely. Don't stop pressuring and keep them in shield, then ledge trap them forever until they die from any attack Wolf has. Who needs onstage kill confirms when you just don't let them out of their shield? Might have to be a bit more careful against Roy or maybe Lucina considering Roy's sweetspot and Lucina's stupid strength on the entire blade. But Chrom and Marth - this works great. Works wonderfully against Olimar and the Links too.

I still have to play more careful and campy around the heavies considering so many of them have armor on their moves. Have to wait for them to make a mistake and then turn them into combo food.

On another note, Fair to angled up side B around the 60% range is a killer true combo, harder to DI or airdodge out of than dthrow to side B IMO.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Edit: Didn't mean to double post...did not realize I was the last one to post here 10 days ago...got a notification for another thread and got too enthusiastic. I'll edit my reply into my other post.

Last edited:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Edit: Didn't mean to double post...did not realize I was the last one to post here 10 days ago...got a notification for another thread and got too enthusiastic. I'll edit my reply into my other post.
Double-posting is fine if it's been a while haha, the rule is mostly meant to avoid spamming.

Zackray's parrying of landing aerials is really good, and where I see all top level players getting within a year. It's interesting to see the difference in his playstyle vs Sonic and vs other characters lol, not that I blame him though, seems like a relatively simple match-up for us. A lot of this game seems to be not getting scared and stuck in shield, which is nice for Wolf since we have a lot of strong moves that are easy to throw out while staying mobile (fair, ftilt, dash attack). I think Zackray utilizes this well.

E: I'm not on Discord often, but is it safe to assume that's a large part of why this social thread is so quiet?

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'm a member of the Wolf discords I know of and they're both sort of active. But I think it's a pain to look back on old messages on discord so I generally prefer message boards for discussing matchups and whatnot because then you can just go a page back in the thread to look at the history. I don't have to scroll through hours upon hours of chat to see what I missed in 24 hours.

Also lots of furries

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Good to know I'm not the only one that doesn't have the time or energy to keep up with Discord lol. And I guess I can see why furries would prefer Discord, less restrictions on what you can share wrt staying on-topic / under site rules :p

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Anyone able to successfully get Wolf's "jab" lock off? He seems too slow to get in a true jab lock in most situations before the opponent has the ability to get up, that it seems more useful sometimes to just try and dsmash or dash attack on a missed tech. But I've had some interesting interactions with weak nair, both grounded and on a platform getting a nair lock, but haven't been able to capitalize on it much because most of the time I don't even mean to do it. Doing it intentionally is kinda hard too.

BaileyMT

Smash Rookie
It was against another wolf, but it is possible. At around 50-60, a strong nair and two fox trots can close the gap so you can jab lock into a dsmash. In my experience at least. And at around the 80-100 range (iirc) a weak nair can cause the same set up.

Last edited:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The feasibility depends on a lot of factors (like most things in Smash), but I'm getting it off pretty consistently. Idt I've ever intentionally done it with nair though. Sometimes you don't have enough room for the jab lock though, so then it's better to just run up dsmash to cover missed tech + tech in place + tech behind. Seconding what Bailey said about foxtrots too, they move you quicker than regular dashing which is handy for jab locks.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
I'm a member of the Wolf discords I know of and they're both sort of active. But I think it's a pain to look back on old messages on discord so I generally prefer message boards for discussing matchups and whatnot because then you can just go a page back in the thread to look at the history. I don't have to scroll through hours upon hours of chat to see what I missed in 24 hours.

Also lots of furries
Can you PM me the wolf discords you know if they're open/non-invite :)

taterboat

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first post here. Just to quickly introduce myself, I used to just be a casual Brawl player. I always loved Wolf in Brawl, so I was excited to play him again in Ultimate. I'm trying to transition to more of a competitive focus, but with some of Wolf's changes between Brawl and Ultimate, it's been a little tricky to adjust and learn how to take advantage of things like his aerials and combos. I was hoping someone could offer some advice on a few things:
  • Can anyone offer any tips for consistent short hops? I find that I can tap the jump button quick enough to pull it off consistently in training, but in the heat of an actual game, I keep holding the button too long. Perhaps using a left trigger jump button is easier? Or should I get used to using the two-jump-button method?
  • Likewise, any advice for using Bair to its full potential? I can perform classic RARs, but I find that I need too much room and time to use it practically. I also have a hard time hitting the small timing window for an IRAR from a dash cancel. Should I just keep practicing those, or is there an easier way?
  • What would you say is Wolf's best approaching strategy? Maybe SH Nairs and dash attack (although, I guess it would depend a lot on the situation)?
  • Would you recommend using right stick or left stick + A for aerials? Right stick seems to make FF Fairs easier, but it looked to me like ZeRo was using left stick + A for his FF Fairs in his Wolf video, so I wasn't sure if there were some advantages to that.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
1. I would keep practicing doing it with one button but the two button bind may help you until you can get it down.
2. Honestly just keep practicing. RARs are hard to coach because not everyone finds it easy to do the exact same way. For example I keep tap jump on and dash the direction I want to RAR, then immediately hit the control stick in the other direction and roll the stick anywhere between quarter or half circle up (depending on how much momentum I want to keep) and use the c stick for the back air. Hard to make sense of, right?
3. Laser if you want to force a risky approach, and honestly, laser to approach as well. You can mix it up by doing empty short hops then laser, dash dancing into laser, actually doing a short hop laser if they keep trying to jump over it. And in doing so you can safely move closer to them because they’d either need to shield or jump over the laser. Wolf has the most advantage when the opponent is above him so it feels best to force them to do something risky to get around it, or sit and take 7-10% all day. If they try to come at you, you can move into trying to combo with fairs/uairs/nairs or continue to wall them out with lasers, ftilt, nair, etc. Wolf has the advantage of being a character that you can just play however you want.
4. Both. If I want to fast fall an aerial or have my momentum go in a different direction, I’ll use the c stick normally because I don’t have to worry about accidentally performing another aerial. If you don’t want to FF and just want an aerial to come out on the fastest possible frame, stick+A. I get a lot of my combos that start with Fair by FFing the first one with C stick, then doing stick+A on the next one to keep the combo going. Then you can do things at low percents like fair fair grab, fair fair ftilt, fair fair utilt (then continue as your heart desires), etc.

Also I have no beef with Zero, he’s a great player. Not a great teacher. I’d recommend Izaw on some of the fundamental stuff. If you’re looking for Wolf specific stuff, Jtails put out a YouTube video back in January that demonstrates it pretty well.

Top Bottom