• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

//Wolf Color Swap Speculation//

Which one do YOU want to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WebHunter064

Smash Rookie
Hey wuss poppin everyone its your boy Wolf Fanboy 42069 and today I'm cooking up a post for POSSIBLE WOLF COLOR SWAPS FOR SMASH ULTIMATE Hope you guys enjoy and now I'm outta here!...

And now I'm Back! here we go!

1. Include some nods to Brawl and Project M/Star Fox 2!
This was made by MoonMedic99 on Reddit and he made some awesome looking customs for Wolf!
The first one is a nod to Wolf's alternate look in Project M and the second one is a nod to his color scheme in Brawl!
Credits to MoonMedic99 on reddit!

2. Keep the tradition!
TimeMuffinPhD on Reddit made a slick looking "Black Wolf" Color swap idea that keeps the tradition of Star Fox characters having black color swaps.
Credits to TimeMuffinPhD on Reddit!

3. Reference other Star Wolf members
Sadly, no concepts here, but I do have TEXT! Wolf should reference other Star Wolf members through his color swaps!
Maybe Wolf should have pink fur and pink overalls to reference Pigma!
Green Fur and Black overalls to reference Leon!
I mix between Orange and White in general to reference Andrew!
And why not, Black fur with purple and blue overalls to reference Panther!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although the inevitable black palette swap would almost certainly be the one I use, I would absolutely love to see a color palette based off Star Fox: Assault or his Brawl appearances. Those colors were iconic to Wolf for a while, it'd be a shame to lose them.

Out of his eight palette swaps, we know of only two of them. One being his default, and one being pink. The pink is a questionable one, until you consider that it may be based off Pigma. If so, we could see a lime green swap for Leon, a brown swap for Oikonney, and maybe a dark blue or black for Panther.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm fine with giving us some of his Brawl colors back, but that black attire looks sick!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Original, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Black (+ Gold), White (+ Accent), Pink.

This is literally what all of the cast of Smash 4 has as alternates except when they have colors referencing their own games or when one of the colors covers 2 things (like Mario's original is also red).

WebHunter064

Smash Rookie
Although the inevitable black palette swap would almost certainly be the one I use, I would absolutely love to see a color palette based off Star Fox: Assault or his Brawl appearances. Those colors were iconic to Wolf for a while, it'd be a shame to lose them.

Out of his eight palette swaps, we know of only two of them. One being his default, and one being pink. The pink is a questionable one, until you consider that it may be based off Pigma. If so, we could see a lime green swap for Leon, a brown swap for Oikonney, and maybe a dark blue or black for Panther.
I honestly think the Panther swap is unlikely, judging by the fact that all the Star Fox characters are in their Zero forms. And Panther wasn't in Zero...But it would be a cool reference. Also, I think it's also a Pigma reference, but Wolf's fur isn't a pink shade. so who knows.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I hope he gets both his SF64 and Assault designs. Something from Star Fox 2 (the one that was cancelled but rereleased on the SNES Classic Edition) would be neat as well. But since the standard alt count for each character will most likely be above 8 (since Meta Ridley is missing from the demo, which features 8 palette swaps for each character), there's definitely enough room for all of these.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I hope he gets both his SF64 and Assault designs. Something from Star Fox 2 (the one that was cancelled but rereleased on the SNES Classic Edition) would be neat as well. But since the standard alt count for each character will most likely be above 8 (since Meta Ridley is missing from the demo, which features 8 palette swaps for each character), there's definitely enough room for all of these.
Why would you consider that Ridley is the standard and not unique?

LM has 16 palettes in 4 and Wario had extra palettes in Brawl. There are always characters with extra slots.

T!t!

Smash Cadet
I just hope that one color palette is inspired by his look from Starlink or Star Fox Zero with the darkred/brown jacket color. While i like the purple default color, I think the darkred/brown jacket makes him look even sicker. I'm extremely positive he's gonna have some good color swaps and who knows, maybe he even gets 4 skins inspired by his Brawl appearance (Assault look) to satisfy all Wolf fans. I prefer the eye patch but I can understand opinions are different on that subject: giving him 4 skins that are based on his Assault look and 4 skins based on his Star Fox Zero look would be the perfect compromise to satisfy both sides. Colorwise i didnt like Wolf color swaps in Brawl and hope they choose better colors for his skins this time around.

Cin726

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping there are some good color swap options to pick from. I like the overall design of Wolf, but I can't get behind the default purple/pink color scheme.

Last edited:

T!t!

Smash Cadet
wolfskins2.png

huge thanks to Walfan for sharing this in the social thread. I put it here since it has way better quality than the one I first wanted to share here. Let's have a first breakdown of his colors. I don't have explanations for all of those, so any help is appreciated.

First one is default with some unique colors to him.
Second one could be based off his Star Fox Zero appearance.
The brown jacket reminds me of the model and considering his jacket being green inside, the green bandana also makes sense the most.

For the third one, Walfan already pointed out in the social thread that it seems sleeveless and therefore could be a Brawl reference (despite the color not matching any of his Brawl colors)

For the fourth one I guess it's inspired by Panther.
You can clearly see his clothes have a similar blue color and he also has some yellow highlights, mostly around his chest. This could match the yellowish bandana.

The fifth one could be kind of a stretch but I feel that it's inspired by Leon.
1541342887858.jpeg
It looks like Wolf has inversed colors, his clothes are colored green but his bandana color kinda ressembles the color of Leon's suit. As I said, this may be a stretch.

For the sixth and the seventh one, I actually have no clue. So help is appreciated.

The final one therefore may be a reference to Pigma.

Any opinions on this are of course appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom