• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf best kill options other than smash attacks?

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
Hey everyone, I am trying to learn Wolf and I would like to know if there are any kill setups with wolf at high percents or do you just have to rely on bair or a smash attack to kill. I know back throw eventually kills fairly early and same with uptilt, but are there like any combo/kill confirms or setups I should be aware of?
Thanks.

Torstone1225

Smash Rookie
Well, I mean side b is risky, and down air is an easy spike, so i dunno i don't really like wolf

nshoes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, utilt can be nasty and is easy to catch because of it's decent range. I still love usmash out of shield for a kill setup tbh.

Coccinelle

Smash Apprentice
Up B angled down when you are in the air and your opponent is grounded, or to a less extent UpB angled horizontally may surprise your opponent and it is a good kill option. It saved me more than once!
In fact, Wolf has a lot of kill options higher than 150% against many characters : smash attacks of course but also upTilt, Upair, Bair and even FTilt and Bthrow. Dash attack also kills at high%.
IMHO the problem with Wolf is that, compared to some other characters, he does not have many options to kill early. Dsmash near the ledge may be his best kill option at mid-high % but it is not always easy to land. Fsmash is almost useless IMHO because it is too slow. Angled up B is an option that grows on me because it may surprise your opponent (especially downwards) but it comes out a bit slowly and is highly punishable. Side B is deadly but difficult too land and very situationnal. In addition Wolf is quite limited off stage due his poor recovery. It is not easy to spike with Dair, because it comes out a bit slowly and again due to Wolf's lukewarm recovery. Clearly there are many characters with much better spikes.
Overall I really enjoy Wolf and he is my main, but I think that there is still something true in the "Wolf struggles to kill" meme that we heard a lot not long after the game was released. Not saying it is a bad thing because even with that weakness he is still a very strong and easy to pick up character.

Last edited:

Icetea_45

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ICET#746
Switch FC
SW-1887-1258-5396
Yeah, that's just the kind of character Wolf is. He does have a lot of different kill confirms out of fair and nair, but those are pretty strict and unreliable to always rely on (not that you shouldn't do for them ofc). a majority of your kills will be coming from reads, reactions, and ledge trapping. I suggest you watch "Art of Wolf" by Izaw on YouTube.

Top Bottom