• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So Joe beat Zero.

So someone was like "Welp, Joe is gonna get some buttsecks now"

And I was like "Me and GameGenie know a lot about his sexuality because we read the wolf boards"

So I went and tried to find seagulls interview thread or one of his posts where he's like "oh ya i like my **** being licked".

And I found my old interview and read it.

Did the apocalypse actually happen?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
double post cuz idgaf, Rizen I just saw you post that swordless quest I'm about to watch it. If there's one for the 2nd quest I would love to see it because I could never do it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I almost took a game off m2k in march, that was the last tournament I played brawl in.

Gonna be one on the 14th of NOV in Nebraska again.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Nice man so you still enjoy Brawl the game good to read. Do you brawl online? I normally don't ever ask a person but on a thread like the Brawl Arena, but I can't find anyone since like weeks ago so sad seeing the Wi-Fi status on this website is poorly active.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Man. Really wish this place would get some life back into it. I've been watching over this area on my own for a while now, but there's never been much activity.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I actually play brawl like twice a month right now. We have monthly 64/brawl tournaments on fridays on rotation with sm4sh/melee/pm and then random games on the occasion of a 5th Friday, also we have Thursday brawl/64 tournaments, tried to do just 1 game at a time but only 4 people showed up :/

Pretty decent #'s for brawl in Nebraska, we had a 13 man, 10 man (at the two friday on es) and 4 man bracket at the ones I went to.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I mean, hey, that's progress. From my area in Tennessee, Brawl is practically non-existant. Every now and then we'll have a 64 setup for friendlies, but it doesn't happen often. Tennessee mainly focuses on Melee, PM, and Wii U. Hell, PM has kinda been getting the shaft lately as well.

Brawl is my favorite official Smash game, with Wolf being my favorite character. Kinda unfortunate that this area of the boards is pretty slow. Does 'Brawl Character Discussion - Wolf' have a moderator at all? Whoever they are may be able to help get this place more up and running again.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
*raises hand*

lol I'm over two months late. But yeah, there really isn't much a mod (or anyone, really) can do to bring the Brawl forums back single-handedly. When the game is being left out of almost all Smash nationals (still have my fingers crossed for Genesis 4), there's less incentive for local TOs to host Brawl tournaments, thus less incentive for people to keep playing Brawl, and finally less incentive to post about it.

Not to mention, most of us that were really active for Brawl have "grown up". As in, we don't have the same kind of spare time that we used to, and our priorities have shifted more towards things like careers and romantic partners and trying to pay for everything ourselves (adulthoold is a bummer sometimes). So... yeah.

This is still my favorite Smash game and character, but with my current obligations idt there's much I can push for. Still hounding DBR to re-add Brawl to their roster for Genesis 4, still trying to slip in Brawl friendlies at my local tournaments, still looking for time to host Brawl at smashfests, still traveling to every awesome-looking Brawl event I can. But idk, it only goes so far.

AlphaSSB AlphaSSB if you're in Tennessee, that's not way too far from Orlando FL (~10h road trip with friends). There's a regional tournament series hosted there by the FBC with Brawl, I went to their first one and it was a blast. Their second event is coming up (same date as EVO I think?), and iirc their goal is to have a regional every six months or so. Maybe look into it if you're serious about Brawl :)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
*raises hand*

lol I'm over two months late. But yeah, there really isn't much a mod (or anyone, really) can do to bring the Brawl forums back single-handedly. When the game is being left out of almost all Smash nationals (still have my fingers crossed for Genesis 4), there's less incentive for local TOs to host Brawl tournaments, thus less incentive for people to keep playing Brawl, and finally less incentive to post about it.

Not to mention, most of us that were really active for Brawl have "grown up". As in, we don't have the same kind of spare time that we used to, and our priorities have shifted more towards things like careers and romantic partners and trying to pay for everything ourselves (adulthoold is a bummer sometimes). So... yeah.

This is still my favorite Smash game and character, but with my current obligations idt there's much I can push for. Still hounding DBR to re-add Brawl to their roster for Genesis 4, still trying to slip in Brawl friendlies at my local tournaments, still looking for time to host Brawl at smashfests, still traveling to every awesome-looking Brawl event I can. But idk, it only goes so far.

AlphaSSB AlphaSSB if you're in Tennessee, that's not way too far from Orlando FL (~10h road trip with friends). There's a regional tournament series hosted there by the FBC with Brawl, I went to their first one and it was a blast. Their second event is coming up (same date as EVO I think?), and iirc their goal is to have a regional every six months or so. Maybe look into it if you're serious about Brawl :)
You're never too late to respond, ha.

Anyways, I'll certainly consider it! Unfortunately, not a lot of people here in TN play Brawl, though. Most people play Melee, With Smash 4 growing fast and PM slightly declining. But what you said really does kinda put it into perspective. About how most Brawl players have moved onto to different aspects of their lives or maybe to a different game. Kinda a shame, but what is inevitable is inevitable.

You're a Senator. Do you have any tips or advise on how someone can help out with Brawl development or just Smash in general? I've tried to really be involved in forums around here (Mostly partaining to Smash 4, PM, Brawl, and Social subforums), but I'm curious on what I can to to step-up my game, in a sense.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Do you mean getting better at the game, or helping the game develop from a meta standpoint, or helping the game develop from a community standpoint? Not really sure with how you worded things. But either way trying to make it out to more large-scale events is always a good start!

Fwiw the tournament in Orlando also has Melee and Smash 4 (both larger tournaments than the Brawl one due to the audience), so a cross-game carpool may be the way to go. If you've never traveled for Smash before it can be a bit intimidating, but in general it's well worth it if you love the game and the people imo.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The latter two, helping it grow more as a community and in the meta, as well as here on Smashboards.

Regardless, I'll do what I can when it comes to attending far-off events. I'll see if I can find a few Brawl players that'd be interested in traveling to Orlando.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean, to help from a meta standpoint you should first make sure you're caught up on the Brawl meta, so watching and analyzing top-level vids from 2013-2014 is a good start since not much has happened since then. Tbh I doubt much can be done to develop further at this point, but you're always welcome to try and share any findings!

The best thing you can do to help the Brawl community imo is keep playing the game with others and try to host/attend tournaments for the game. It's also good to get involved with other Smash communities, spread your gaming network and whatnot. I know tons of Smash 4 players who are down to play Brawl, it's just that Brawl isn't around for them to play and they've never actually had fun with the game due to an improper introduction (ex. dealing with a good MK/ICs without game experience).

To help on Smashboards, idk. The Brawl forums are kinda desolate, so this may not be the best place to focus your efforts :x is there anything that you feel the Wolf boards (or greater Brawl forums, like competitive discussion and whatnot) are lacking?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I've been away this past week, so I havn't been able to respond.

I've been doing what I can to gain more knowledge on Brawl's meta, and I'm also doing what I can to become more well-versed in PM's meta as well.

I've also been trying to gather Brawl players from around my area, but I havn't made much progress. My area is almost exclusively Melee and Smash 4, with a good bit of PM too. Hence why I've been studying up on PM as well. Sucks that my two favorite Smash games are the least popular ones.

As for Smashboards, I agree. Brawl's forums do seem to be barren compared to other games. The main thing that comes to mind on what Brawl's forums are lacking is users. Unfortunately, attracting users to a desolate forum isn't very easy. If I want to help out more on Smashboards in general, where do you suggest I start? Since Brawl's forums, like you said, probably aren't the best place to focus my effort.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
I am interested in SSBB. I will not say where I live, I myself, and three other friends all play Brawl. I know your pain AlphaSSB, all I can find are SSB4, and SSBM guys XD; I am a pretty active person on the Brawl forums.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, I do not use Online Brawl, but every Thursday, my friends and I all go out to a Gamers etc. near us and play for an hour, sometimes two and have our own Steam group. If you don't mind me asking, are you on the East or West Coast?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB I honestly don't think there's much anyone can do for Brawl on SmashBoards aside from write articles for the front page. Sadly it's kinda tough to say anything worthwhile about Brawl unless you were around for the bulk of its active years. Sorry, not a particularly useful answer but I'm afraid that's all I got :x

Top Bottom