• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobble Disruption Using Frozen Turnip Glitch

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Technique

The frozen turnip glitch can be used to take away the Ice Climber's ability to wobble. Simply activate the frozen turnip glitch and throw the turnip until its grab box fills the entire stage (this is roughly 15 throws). Tilts can no longer be used since this input is converted to an item grab. Wobbling requires Nana to either forward tilt or down tilt. She now can only throw a turnip. Wobbling no longer works.

Potential Turnip Wobble

There is a chance the ice climbers still have an infinite related to throwing the frozen turnip. If this infinite does exist however, it is very frame tight and lengthy. My brother, @DCW , and I could not figure out anyway to get this infinite to work though we could not prove it did not exist. The main reason the infinite would be very difficult if it exists is because if the input for Popo's head butt is the same input for Nana's throw, the two moves will connect on the same frame and break the grab. This makes the combo significantly more difficult. This is a complicated subject. If you want anymore information about it contact me or my brother. Basically though, it is not really feasible for the ice climbers to do this in a match. We could not figure out a sure way to do it advancing frame by frame.

Set Ups for Frozen Turnip

The frozen turnip glitch is relatively easy to get off of an ice block. Another good opportunity is when Sopo is recovering using side b. The glitch can also be gotten off of blizzard though that is harder.

Alternatives to Wobbling

Ice Climbers have infinites which do not use tilts: blizzobbling and handoffs. Blizzobbling is significantly more frame tight than wobbling and handoffs usually only work near the edge of the stage. But there is at least some hope left for IC mains.

Conclusion

There isn't a ton to say about this : p This makes an already terrible matchup even worse. And goes to show just how under developed the frozen turnip glitch really is. This is definitely doable in game, especially if the Ice Climbers use ice blocks. Discuss.

Final note

This was tested in 20XX 4.05. There is a post by Magus saying that Popo's head butt is differently timed in 1.00. Further testing needs to be done about this to confirm that turnip wobbling does not work in 1.00. However, even if it does, turnips which do more than 6% light thrown break Peach immediately out of the grab. So the frozen turnip glitch will always break wobbling to some extent.

Edit: No video, sorry lol. Also it's not possible in 1.00.

Last edited:
Top Bottom