• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Happy 18th Birthday to Sora and Kingdom Hearts today!

Frick, Noipoi Noipoi and I now share ages with KH.

That's kinda cool, ngl.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Happy 18th Birthday to Sora and Kingdom Hearts today!

Happy birth to my best boy

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now for some thoughts on the SU finale:

It wasn't perfect.
...But it also wasn't terrible. Not even close.

Do I think they could've done more with several characters? Of course. Plenty of potential was missed out on.

Do I think Spinel didn't get enough involvement with the finale? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely.

Do I think the finale should've been longer to really raise the stakes and cover more ground? No doubt about it.

Do I think Steven's character arc this final season was brilliantly written? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely.

Do I think the show has come full circle in a tearjerking and heartwarming way by finally having the other characters help and comfort the kid who has spent his whole life dealing with trauma, murder attempts and galactic wars and conflict and now has no direction in life and feels like a worthless monster? Heck yes.

Am I happy that Connie and Steven are an official couple after it's been all but confirmed for most of the show's run? Completely and totally.

Do I think the final episode was a fitting conclusion to the series now that Steven has a new direction in life after Change Your Mind and the movie took care of all the supernatural and alien stuff? Yes. I absolutely do.

I'm sad that it's over, and I think it could've been done better, but it still more than got the job done. The writing was consistent to the very end. Everything came full circle. It was a fitting and deserved ending to what was an overall brilliantly written show. Even if you disagree with some of the revelations and turn of event in the original show, it gets better since Future came along to tie up unknown as well as base-breaking loose ends that were left over from the original series' run.

Also, may I just say how freaking relatable Steven was in the end? I'm no stranger to self-loathing and struggling to just move on from regrets, or feeling like a worse person than I really am. This finale, as well as Steven himself, resonated with me on a personal level. Amethyst's character also resonated with me near the end, which is no surprise as there isn't any other character in fiction that I relate to more than her, but the last three parts of this four-part finale related to me even more. It got me tearing up, but it also lifted my spirits and gave me a little more hope for my own future. Quite fitting, given the series' name. I bet that's part of the whole point, though, isn't i t?

See ya later, Steven. Here's hoping our futures are as bright as yours. If you can ovvercome your problems, any of us can. That includes me, and any of you who may be going through some troubles and hurdles in life. And remember...never be afraid to open up to your friends and family about your troubles. And if it ever gets serious, seek comfort in them and get the professional help you need. Sometimes you just can't do it on your own, and that's okay. You're never truly alone. And you're never truly helpless. Just remember that, and you'll surely find yourself in the future where it's bright, too.

One last time: We...are the Crystal Gems. We always save the day. And if you think we can't, we'll always find a way. That's why the people of this world, believe in...Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl...And Steven. Thank you all for the laughs life lessons and memories.

So long, partner.

D

Deleted member

I just found the most hilarious attack in all of UA3:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The best part is that It is spammable, which makes It even more hilarious to use all the time.

Okay so like, I have no idea when I got two hundred subscribers on YouTube, but I’m not complaining.
Congrats on the subscribers bro!

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
That Xenoblade Chronicles remake teaser got me thinking about some lines that left an impression on me.
"As for the others, well..
I just couldn't help miself...
I ATE THEM ALL UP"

"I'm not Metal face. You'll have to try HAAAARDEEEER"

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not sure how I take the new remix of Engage the Enemy. It feels like they did too much with the chorus.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Ah yes I can see it now...
:ultkirby:: “Poyo!”
:ultyoshi:: “Yo yo Yoshi!”
:ultkrool:: “crocodile noises”
:ultkingdedede:: “demonic penguin noises”
This had me laughing so hard. (I can just imagine those 4 commentating my games I play.)
Bonus points if Dedede has his anime voice and K. Rool with his cartoon voice. (Would be more entertaining and hilarious.)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The new arrangement of Gaur Plains is still really good but it lacks a bit of the punch that the original version had, IMO.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only odd thing out in the SU finale was:
No Pink Diamond mention or full closure on What Steven thinks of her. Which isn’t bad but feels a little odd considering she is a big part of his problems.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For Animal Crossing New Horizons players, anyone got peaches and/or cherries? I’m looking for them. That and the turnip price is 49 Bells on my island. So I’m looking for a better price.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I shouldn’t be allowed to have any human rights and this is why.
With how easily Toy Freddy can end your night on 50/20 mode on Ultimate Custom Night at any moment if you're too busy, this image is pretty accurate all things considerated.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That mobile game episode of Southlake is a lot more relevant nowadays given the raid shadow legends invasion on the internet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also something really funny in the Future finale:
39 states In the United States. Their Earth is wild.

And Garnet being a couples counselor for people was a hilarious gag.
I don’t know why Greg would need to move in when he’s rich, but where’s the Greg and the Crystal Gems spinoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom