• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I believe that was just a fan-made game...
It was a fan made port ye. However there was a Prisma Ilya game that was released on the DS. It made 430,594$. Which for the amount of effort they put into that game made it profitable

D

Deleted member

I'm actually surprised tbh, but I guess it did mainly well in Japan as I haven't heard much from others about the game on this side of the globe.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually surprised tbh, but I guess it did mainly well in Japan as I haven't heard much from others about the game on this side of the globe.
Well you can thank Fate Grand Order.
Speaking of FGO, do you all play it?

Artix

Smash Journeyman
If it was a DLC trailer like Smash 4's, I could see it starting with a usual Smash match, Fem Robin, Wario and Link are fighting on Battlefield, when suddenly, someone shouts(in japanese): "Saber, with this Command Seal, I summon thee!". An orb of light appears in the middle of the stage.
View attachment 169156
Splash screen: "Saber Is Summoned Into Battle!"
Then have her do some dialogue of how certain fighters resemble some of the classes(Robin being Caster, Wario being Rider and Link being Archer, for example) as the gameplay montage is shown.
And then, at the end of the trailer, Saber was about to leave, but then, she was confronted by Zelda with this alt costume:
zelda_ssbu___slot_06_costume_by_urboi69-dcla5v8.png

Then, Saber's all like "What the? Caster?!"

D

Deleted member

And then, at the end of the trailer, Saber was about to leave, but then, she was confronted by Zelda with this alt costume:
View attachment 169256

Then, Saber's all like "What the? Caster?!"
Nah, Robin is Caster
I used to play it but I ended up falling out of it due to not really feeling it and I deleted it from my phone. Not the first time this has happened though, I had deleted and then downloaded it back again already so maybe I'll come back to it when I'm in my summer vacation.

D

Deleted member

You know I'm probably literally only the person who wants a certain other Fate character in Smash:
So you want a broken image! edgy Sakura? Tell us the truth, you're just interested in the tentacles

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So you want a broken image! edgy Sakura? Tell us the truth, you're just interested in the tentacles
Nah I just like Sakura a lot, and I want to see her fight with Dark Samus a lot. Idk it's just a pipe dream of mine.
To answer someone else's question about FGO, I've only put a little bit of time into it. It's really slow and seems to be demanding a lot of grinding, something I'm not down for. I'm also a day one FEH player so there's probably some bias in there also.
I swear I'll burn Smashboards to the ground if they don't fix these broken images

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've played it ever since it first came out, but then, I stopped playing last year. I've lost interest in the game and it's one hell of a grindfest.

The only games I played in mobile right now are FEH and Super Sentai Legend Wars.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Nah I just like Sakura a lot, and I want to see her fight with Dark Samus a lot. Idk it's just a pipe dream of mine.
To answer someone else's question about FGO, I've only put a little bit of time into it. It's really slow and seems to be demanding a lot of grinding, something I'm not down for. I'm also a day one FEH player so there's probably some bias in there also.
I swear I'll burn Smashboards to the ground if they don't fix these broken images
I actually think that version of Sakura is the best version of Sakura. Her design is the best imo and I like her personality a lot (though apparently that opinion isnt that popular).

Im also of the category of id prefer someone other than Saber to get into Smash (from Fate ofc) but shes the face of the franchise so it has to be her first, which im not mad about at all its just that I reeaallllllyyyyy want to use Nine Lives Blade Works as a Final Smash along with Triple Linked Crane Wings as a Grab or Special

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I forgot all about the fact that visual novels are a thing that could potentially be represented in Smash. Not that I see it happening, but this would be crazy! The DEEN show was boring, but the first season of Fate/zero was really topnotch. Saber getting in would be the perfect visual novel rep, I think, and I'd be happy to see her, and even happier to see her yell "ECUSU... CALIBAAAAAAAAAR!" for her Final Smash. It'd be hilarious if Caster was the Assist Trophy, and he lured in opponents with helpful items, just to do a huge amount of damage on them if they get too close (but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't originate from the visual novels? If that's right, he wouldn't make it in. It'd probably be Gilgamesh?).

Oh man, imagine a playable Hououin Kyouma/Okabe. Starts off madly running back and forth, throwing around bananas, drinking Dk Pepper to heal up, but becomes a lot weaker if you start taking stocks from his teammate(s) or knocking off assist trophies he's bought out. Final Smash is a satisfying punch based on that amazing scene (FB, FB, FB, FB, FB...).

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I forgot all about the fact that visual novels are a thing that could potentially be represented in Smash. Not that I see it happening, but this would be crazy! The DEEN show was boring, but the first season of Fate/zero was really topnotch. Saber getting in would be the perfect visual novel rep, I think, and I'd be happy to see her, and even happier to see her yell "ECUSU... CALIBAAAAAAAAAR!" for her Final Smash. It'd be hilarious if Caster was the Assist Trophy, and he lured in opponents with helpful items, just to do a huge amount of damage on them if they get too close (but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't originate from the visual novels? If that's right, he wouldn't make it in. It'd probably be Gilgamesh?).

Oh man, imagine a playable Hououin Kyouma/Okabe. Starts off madly running back and forth, throwing around bananas, drinking Dk Pepper to heal up, but becomes a lot weaker if you start taking stocks from his teammate(s) or knocking off assist trophies he's bought out. Final Smash is a satisfying punch based on that amazing scene (FB, FB, FB, FB, FB...).
Zero Caster did not debut in a VN so he's out, plus I feel like the Assist Trophy would be Archer anyway given his own fame.
On another topic, Smash is recorded non-union so it's unlikely Kari Wahlgren would reprise her role. They'd probably grab Michelle Ruff again or go the Cloud route and use Ayako Kawasumi's voice in all regions.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Zero Caster did not debut in a VN so he's out, plus I feel like the Assist Trophy would be Archer anyway given his own fame.
On another topic, Smash is recorded non-union so it's unlikely Kari Wahlgren would reprise her role. They'd probably grab Michelle Ruff again or go the Cloud route and use Ayako Kawasumi's voice in all regions.
Or they could use Kate Higgins, since she also voiced her in the original Fate/stay night anime from DEEN and the fact that she's recently involved with Nintendo, thanks to Super Mario Odyssey. But I wouldn't mind if they just stick to her Japanese voice in all versions of the game.

D

Deleted member

I've been wondering: what would Saber's victory theme be?
Any content from Zero would be fair game though, as much as any content from the Poke on anime or the Advent Children costune for Cloud are. As long as the IP debutted in a game, it's good.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Any content from Zero would be fair game though, as much as any content from the Poke on anime or the Advent Children costume for Cloud are. As long as the IP debutted in a game, it's good.
Ah yeah good point. So that definitely means Mordred could be an Echo Fighter for Arturia.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Ah yeah good point. So that definitely means Mordred could be an Echo Fighter for Arturia.
I wouldn't mind having Mordred in the game, but I think Nero would make more sense as Arturia's Echo. Well, that or any Saberface in general.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Speaking of Echos, I went and threw these together in Photoshop quickly:
I wouldn't mind having Mordred in the game, but I think Nero would make more sense as Arturia's Echo. Well, that or any Saberface in general.
I went with Mordred because of her biological relation with Arturia, but Nero/another Saberface would work too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I went with Mordred because of her biological relation with Arturia, but Nero/another Saberface would work too.
Mordred has too much of a brute and unrefined fighting style compared to Artoria's, she doesn't really work tbh.
Nero is by far the closest but she gets iffy if windboxes are at all used(multi hit wind-based moves can just be replaced with fire ones).
or just have saber alter because dark pit salt clearly wasn't enough

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice

Your images got messed up my dude, can you just put like an imgur link or somethin?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
I recommend starting a dlc campaign now

If you get fate fans in Japan to make noice sakurai will be bound to hear it

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Great, but do any of us have a way of communicating with Eastern fans?
I would start a Twitter dedicated to getting saber in smash and get someone who can communicate in Japanese and such to make tweets dedicated to these other places

And try to get other people to vocally support saber for smash on their own accounts

Like I'm trying to do with zelda
Hey I decided to start a dlc campaign for zelda newcomers in general early before the game comes out to beat evreyone to the curb

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaNew

And what the k rool guys did

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
I think that Saber Dlc would sell like water if the Fate fans supported it, sadly I don't think many fatefans also do play smash :(

D

Deleted member

Considering the Katalina rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if that made it in as Nintendo owns 5% of CYgames which is a direct competitor with FGO in the gacha market in Japan

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm still hoping she would get in as DLC somehow. We still have Fate's 15th anniversary alongside Smash Bros. 20th anniversary, so I really hope Sakurai would notice such an occasion.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Considering the Katalina rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if that made it in as Nintendo owns 5% of CYgames which is a direct competitor with FGO in the gacha market in Japan
I would agree but Granblue has never been on a Nintendo Console so

Also idk if it means anything but that new game Dragalia Lost had some commercials animated by ufotable, who got famous because of Type-Moon's IP's (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works, and the most recent Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel. Also they animated some commercials for FGO)

Also, Cygames' Card Game, Shadowverse had a crossover with Heaven's Feel. You could play as Fate characters and use them as part of your deck as well.

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
You know, Saber would definitely fit in the Spirits mode since she herself is a Spirit. A Heroic Spirit, if you will.

Speaking of Spirits, I can imagine Saber taking on Lucina's form, Archer taking on Pit's form (since Pit's bow also doubles as a twin blade), but I'm not sure about the others.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Much like Reimu and Touhou, Artoria is a character I see around all the time but I'm not familiar with the Fate/Stay series at all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know, Saber would definitely fit in the Spirits mode since she herself is a Spirit. A Heroic Spirit, if you will.

Speaking of Spirits, I can imagine Saber taking on Lucina's form, Archer taking on Pit's form (since Pit's bow also doubles as a twin blade), but I'm not sure about the others.
Berserker takes Incineroar because both speak in roars :p

D

Deleted member

I would agree but Granblue has never been on a Nintendo Console so

Also idk if it means anything but that new game Dragalia Lost had some commercials animated by ufotable, who got famous because of Type-Moon's IP's (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works, and the most recent Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel. Also they animated some commercials for FGO)

Also, Cygames' Card Game, Shadowverse had a crossover with Heaven's Feel. You could play as Fate characters and use them as part of your deck as well.
Oh so they are on better terms than I thought. Also, while GBF has never been on a Nintendo console, it's not like it COULDN'T happen. And besides, back when DLC was decided, Extella wasn't on the Switch, so they're technically on the same boat, except GBF has the 5% Nintendo own in its favor.

Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if we could see Fate Spirits. Representation from 3rd Parties without a fighter are more common in Ultimate with Shovel Knight, and we know about Shantae and Rabbid Spirits, the oroblem is that the first two are indie companies(and thus cheaper rights to get) and the other is in very good relations with Nintendo.
It would at least prove to some people that, no, they aren't anime characters.

As for Spirit Battle concepts, I see your Pit as Archer and I raise "Pit as Shirou and Dark Pit as Archer". The fight is a 2v1 against the Dark Pit where you need to protect Pit.

Also, Fem Robin/Zelda(Dark costume) as Caster aided by a Takamaru Assist Trophy representing the REGEND.

Top Bottom