• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King of Knights - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

D

Deleted member

And of course one eats a lot and the other says UMU a lot (and can't sing worth a damn).
Down Taunt(Artoria): sits down, picks some food out of pocket space and starts eating it, heals 2% damage.
Down Taunt(Nero): says UMU, zero lag, can be spammed, can be used on the air, deals 100% mental damage to all enemies.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
We

Well, they can just ignore that entirely, since they dropped the concept after the re-release of the game. I really do hope she gets in as DLC, in fact, I want her to be the first DLC character announced and they should release her in January to commemorate Fate's 15th anniversary.
You know what else gets released in January? Heavens Feel. Also, Fates 15 year anniversary happens 9 days after Smash Bros. 20th anniversary...

Artix

Smash Journeyman
You know what else gets released in January? Heavens Feel. Also, Fates 15 year anniversary happens 9 days after Smash Bros. 20th anniversary...
I know, right? That sounds like a perfect opportunity for Sakurai to add Saber into Ultimate as DLC. And if they want to pull another Simon/Richter, then Nero would be the best choice as the Echo Fighter of Artoria.

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Remember that "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Castlevania" thing they showed at the near-end of Simon and Richter's reveal trailer?

Well, I made something similar:

Just imagine showing this image before Saber herself is revealed in her own reveal trailer. How hyped will you be?

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Remember that "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Castlevania" thing they showed at the near-end of Simon and Richter's reveal trailer?

Well, I made something similar:

Just imagine showing this image before Saber herself is revealed in her own reveal trailer. How hyped will you be?
I'd probably break my monitor on accident, oh and i'd lose my voice for the next week. Also I wouldn't be able to sleep. Yea...

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I would literally scream in joy if this happens (which I'm hoping it will).

By the way, what do you think will be Snake's Codec conversation if he's facing Saber? And who do you think will provide Snake the information about her?

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I would literally scream in joy if this happens (which I'm hoping it will).

By the way, what do you think will be Snake's Codec conversation if he's facing Saber? And who do you think will provide Snake the information about her?
"Who is this woman with an invisible weapon?"
"Snake, im getting readings that she's from the past!"
"The past? Well who is she?"
"She's apparently King Arthur"
"King Arthur?! Isn't King Arthur supposed to be a man?"
Lmao something along those lines

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
I fully support Saber for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Normally, I would say she has no chance of making it in Smash, but with the release of Fate/Extella on the Nintendo Switch and the fact that Snake, Cloud and even Richter Belmont made it in, I wouldn't be surprised if she made it in, despite her little connection with Nintendo.

Besides, it would be cool to see her fight against Link, Marth and even Simon Belmont.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I made something in my spare time: It's a character showcase image of Saber.

68. Saber.png

I hope you guys liked it!

Ethereal 95

Smash Rookie
Honestly, with how big Fate Grand Order is in Japan and the growing popularity in the U.S., I think Saber has a decent chance. Plus, a possible collaboration event between Smash and Fate GO could bring in a lot of money for both franchises.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, with how big Fate Grand Order is in Japan and the growing popularity in the U.S., I think Saber has a decent chance. Plus, a possible collaboration event between Smash and Fate GO could bring in a lot of money for both franchises.
Lets put it like this, there are less than 40 video game franchises in the world apparently that have made over a billion dollars. Fate has made that list and its only been around since 2004, so yeah. Nintendo would have an absurd amount of money in their pockets

Troykv

Smash Master
I have developed a growthing love for the Fate/Series in the last months; so I would definitely like to see something Fate/Related in Smash Bros, it would be awesome!

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
As a huge Fate fan I'll just drop by and say best of luck, even though her chances are next to none. I do think she has amazing moveset potentials though!
...You know what what the heck, just add me. I can't let this go by as a Fate fan.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
BTW, I did some research and found out that Fate is worth more than Smash Bros.

Fate is worth 2.568 Billion (As of July 4th 2019, now 4.06 Billion) while Smash is worth 2.447 Billion... (3.044 Billion as of 7/4/19) so yea

Anyone who denies its popularity at this point is either under a rock, or in denial. Also Grand Order makes ~63 Million USD a month... so yea

BTW Type-Moon as a company should be worth more as you know, Fate only accounts for 1/4th of their verse (The Nasuverse)

I should also add that this also means that Fate is the best selling franchise of all time that ORIGINATED from a Visual Novel. So who else can rep that Genre other than Saber?

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
BTW, I did some research and found out that Fate is worth more than Smash Bros.

Fate is worth 2.568 Billion while Smash is worth 2.447 Billion... so yea

Anyone who denies its popularity at this point is either under a rock, or in denial. Also Grand Order makes ~63 Million USD a month... so yea

BTW Type-Moon as a company should be worth more as you know, Fate only accounts for 1/4th of their verse (The Nasuverse)

I should also add that this also means that Fate is the best selling franchise of all time that ORIGINATED from a Visual Novel. So who else can rep that Genre other than Saber?
True it is a huge series, especially in Japan.
Also I think Saber should somehow incorporate Avalon into her moveset, any ideas?

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
True it is a huge series, especially in Japan.
Also I think Saber should somehow incorporate Avalon into her moveset, any ideas?
It would be super spoiler if someone who wasn't aware looked it up but it'd be really sick if they made her animation replicate the CG from the Fate route in that final battle. I mean she did have it as a move in Fate/Unlimited Codes and it was a counter sooooo

Artix

Smash Journeyman
It would be super spoiler if someone who wasn't aware looked it up but it'd be really sick if they made her animation replicate the CG from the Fate route in that final battle. I mean she did have it as a move in Fate/Unlimited Codes and it was a counter sooooo
Well, for all we know, Smash doesn't really care about spoilers anyway, since we have Lucina in Smash 4 and now Mecha-Fiora in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can't think of anything for Avalon other than a counter and I think we have more than enough of those currently. Not counting Echoes, we have: Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucario, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Swordfighter, Palutena, Shulk, Corrin, Bayonetta and King K.Rool. And only some really work differently.
Spoilers aren't a problem though, as Avalon is only as much of a spoiler as her True Name.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can't think of anything for Avalon other than a counter and I think we have more than enough of those currently. Not counting Echoes, we have: Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucario, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Swordfighter, Palutena, Shulk, Corrin, Bayonetta and King K.Rool. And only some really work differently.
Spoilers aren't a problem though, as Avalon is only as much of a spoiler as her True Name.
They'd never do this but if they did it'd be really freakin cool

What if they made it so that her shield was Avalon? Like instead of the regular shield popping up around her it'd be something like this

I mean in-canon it is kinda referred to as a mobile fortress

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Well, for all we know, Smash doesn't really care about spoilers anyway, since we have Lucina in Smash 4 and now Mecha-Fiora in Ultimate.
This. Everyone knows the trophy descriptions since Melee are full of spoilers. I got spoiled for Mother 3 before I played it while reading Lucas' trophy in Brawl.
Avalon is nothing compared to that

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
You know, if the Fate series does ever get in Smash, what are the trophies you're expecting? (Not Assist Trophies, just regular trophies.)

For me, aside from the obvious Saber and her Final Smash trophies, I'd want a Gilgamesh trophy and probably a Nero trophy as well.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
You know, if the Fate series does ever get in Smash, what are the trophies you're expecting? (Not Assist Trophies, just regular trophies.)

For me, aside from the obvious Saber and her Final Smash trophies, I'd want a Gilgamesh trophy and probably a Nero trophy as well.
If possible, I would stick to the characters from the original Fate/Stay Night, I'd want all the servants to get trophies for one.
Maybe as a bonus Saber Lion trophy, for laughs.

D

Deleted member

The Elizabeth trophy is forcefully removed by the ESRB :^)

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
If they get an assist trophy it's more than likely Gilgamesh with his Gate of Babylon, if not then Archer with idk Triple Linked Crane Wing? (TLCW would go past shields as it's an unblockable attack, even in the fighting game spin-offs)

Now for regular trophies definitely every servant from Stay Night. Probably the main master's as well (Shirou, Rin, Shinji, etc.)

And I hope they put in a bunch of songs, maybe not as many as Castlevania but there's a lot of good songs from Stay Night. If I would have to pick any 5 songs from the OST to be in Smash it'd probably be these

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Huh I was thinking of making a Saber thread myself, but I'm glad to see someone beat me to it months ago. Happy to know I'm not the only Saber supporter!

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice

Artix

Smash Journeyman
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/fate-extella-link-coming-to-switch-on-january-31-2019-in-japan

So Fate/EXTELLA Link is coming to the Switch January 31st, 2019
As of now it's only a JP release but it'll have subtitles for other languages so im assuming it'll also be in English. Plus it'll exclusively have Local Multiplayer. Im sure probably a month or two later it'll officially come out in the US

More Fate representation on Nintendo Consoles yo
Finally, I've been waiting for that announcement ever since it was first shown in E3. I guess this means they can finally put Saber into Smash Ultimate as DLC to promote the game (hopefully).

Last edited:

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Finally, I've been waiting for that announcement ever since it was first shown in E3. I guess this means they can finally put Saber into Smash Ultimate as DLC to promote the game (hopefully).

This is the trailer for the Switch version, it confirms the game is also in English. The game stutters a bit at the beginning but im sure it'll improve with time

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Man, January must be the month of Fate content. I mean, we have the 2nd Heaven's Feel movie coming out in Jan 12, the 15th anniversary of Fate in Jan 30 and the release of Fate/Extella Link on the Switch the next day...

Now, the only thing that's missing is hopefully, a reveal trailer of Saber in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Then, I might consider January the month of Fate.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Man, January must be the month of Fate content. I mean, we have the 2nd Heaven's Feel movie coming out in Jan 12, the 15th anniversary of Fate in Jan 30 and the release of Fate/Extella Link on the Switch the next day...

Now, the only thing that's missing is hopefully, a reveal trailer of Saber in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Then, I might consider January the month of Fate.
Not to mention the 20th Anniversary of Smash is 9 days before Fates, also it meets up with the 1st DLC announcement date (Most games nowadays get DLC announced a month later or even before the game is released)

D

Deleted member

I'm glad Extella Link is coming to the Switch, I was a bit worried the Extella port was going ti be a one and done deal. Still odd as I don't think it did well enough to justify more releases on the Switch

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice

This is the trailer for the Switch version, it confirms the game is also in English. The game stutters a bit at the beginning but im sure it'll improve with time
Wow, I'd never thought that they would release it into the Switch, seeing how the previous Extella game didn't even perform well in the Switch...

But that aside, I guess this mean we finally have a reason to include Artoria in Smash as DLC: to promote this game as well as to celebrate Fate's 15th anniversary in 2019 alongside Smash Bros' 20th anniversary. I begin to think what her reveal trailer would be like?

D

Deleted member

Wow, I'd never thought that they would release it into the Switch, seeing how the previous Extella game didn't even perform well in the Switch...

But that aside, I guess this mean we finally have a reason to include Artoria in Smash as DLC: to promote this game as well as to celebrate Fate's 15th anniversary in 2019 alongside Smash Bros' 20th anniversary. I begin to think what her reveal trailer would be like?
If it was a DLC trailer like Smash 4's, I could see it starting with a usual Smash match, Fem Robin, Wario and Link are fighting on Battlefield, when suddenly, someone shouts(in japanese): "Saber, with this Command Seal, I summon thee!". An orb of light appears in the middle of the stage.
tumblr_nftc51NWNc1tbeq5co1_500.gif

Splash screen: "Saber Is Summoned Into Battle!"
Then have her do some dialogue of how certain fighters resemble some of the classes(Robin being Caster, Wario being Rider and Link being Archer, for example) as the gameplay montage is shown.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I've been getting into the Fate series as of late. Never thought I'd see something like this one here of all places. I guess I can lend my support for Saber Artoria.

BTW, didn't Fate Stay Night get a JPN only DS port?

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I've been getting into the Fate series as of late. Never thought I'd see something like this one here of all places. I guess I can lend my support for Saber Artoria.

BTW, didn't Fate Stay Night get a JPN only DS port?
I believe that was just a fan-made game...

Top Bottom