"With this Command Seal, I order you to join Smash, Saber!" - Saber Artoria for Smash Support Thread

Yeah. That really proves that Sakurai doesn't care if there's too many swordfighters in the game, he does whatever he wants.

You know, I just had a thought. Since Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan and Banjo-Kazooie is very popular in the West, what if the last two DLC Fighters will be the same as well? One who is very popular in the West and the other who is very popular in Japan.

I'm just hoping that Saber gets in as the "very popular in Japan" character, since Fate is still very popular in Japan. As for the one who's very popular in the West...there are a lot of characters that are rather popular there, so I can't really pick on which one, but I do know that we're not getting more than one Western character in Smash.

What do you guys think?
I've honestly developed something of a gut feeling that Saber and Doomslayer will be our final characters, because they appeal to Japan and America almost the same way Hero and Banjo-Kazooie did (I say almost because I'm not sure how popular Doom in the East). It would make sense to kind of split things two-way with Joker being the character that equally appeals to both. Just a hunch on my part, I don't rate Saber's chances higher than 20% but would be ecstatic if she made it in.
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.
Definitely has to be something along the lines of being summoned into battle, also Ufotable needs to animate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artix

Smash Apprentice
I've honestly developed something of a gut feeling that Saber and Doomslayer will be our final characters, because they appeal to Japan and America almost the same way Hero and Banjo-Kazooie did (I say almost because I'm not sure how popular Doom in the East). It would make sense to kind of split things two-way with Joker being the character that equally appeals to both. Just a hunch on my part, I don't rate Saber's chances higher than 20% but would be ecstatic if she made it in.

Definitely has to be something along the lines of being summoned into battle, also Ufotable needs to animate it.
That would be pretty cool if Ufotable were to animate her reveal trailer since that'll make her the second character with an animated reveal trailer, after Joker.

Also, for the music, who do you think would compose some of the Fate music? For me, I would like Yuki Kajiura to do another awesome remix of Sword of Promised Victory (the one in Fate/Zero was pretty cool, in my opinion).

Sysmek

Smash Cadet
That would be pretty cool if Ufotable were to animate her reveal trailer since that'll make her the second character with an animated reveal trailer, after Joker.

Also, for the music, who do you think would compose some of the Fate music? For me, I would like Yuki Kajiura to do another awesome remix of Sword of Promised Victory (the one in Fate/Zero was pretty cool, in my opinion).
James Harris is a likely candidate. He composed almost all if not all of the music in the Visual Novel (Stay Night) and I think Hollow Ataraxia as well

He also does a bunch of music for Extra, CCC, Extella, Link, FGO, etc.

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Smash Rookie
You know, if she were to be revealed, I want her reveal trailer to re-enact this scene:

Now, I don't know who would replace Shirou and Lancer in her reveal trailer, but I think it would be pretty cool to see.
I think Male Corrin (if possible the Blue Alt) would function as Cu, while Pit would be Shirou, for reasons related to Dark Pit functioning as EMIYA.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
NNID
Dannio0426
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Figured I should bump this board up a bit. Hope the summer is going well for you guys! Not really much to talk about, but I spent the last week of June watching the original Fate/Stay Night animated series. I really enjoyed it, and the later episodes felt like a roller coaster of emotions I truly felt like I was part of! It kinda wasn't the same with the first few episodes but still, it was quite an immersive experience and its something I won't forget anytime soon! With all that said, anyone know where should I go to next? Anything else to watch? Any games I should play maybe? Something else that may be worth taking a look at?

Artix

Smash Apprentice
Figured I should bump this board up a bit. Hope the summer is going well for you guys! Not really much to talk about, but I spent the last week of June watching the original Fate/Stay Night animated series. I really enjoyed it, and the later episodes felt like a roller coaster of emotions I truly felt like I was part of! It kinda wasn't the same with the first few episodes but still, it was quite an immersive experience and its something I won't forget anytime soon! With all that said, anyone know where should I go to next? Anything else to watch? Any games I should play maybe? Something else that may be worth taking a look at?
For animated series, I've recently watched Prisma Illya and it was pretty good, so if you want something different, then I recommend this one. It's basically a spin-off to the original Fate/stay night with Illya as the main protagonist instead of Shirou.

Sysmek

Smash Cadet
if you thought that was a roller coaster of emotions go read the visual novel you'll think its some next level ****

anyways if you strictly only want animated stuff go watch the oath under snow prisma illya movie. Its wild

also watch Kara no Kyoukai's 8.5 movies. Fate is part of a greater multiverse that fans call the Nasuverse (creator/writer of 90% of the stuff is named Kinoko Nasu so), Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of the Sinners is part of that multiverse.

KnK/Garden of the Sinners takes away servants and what not and focuses on a girl named Shiki Ryougi who is basically a supernatural detective. Because of a certain event she gains something called the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, they are eyes that allow her to see these things called the Lines of Death which exist in all things. People, Air, and even Time all have a Line of Death. If you cut the line the thing that you cut ceases to exist (it goes beyond pure killing).

You can find the movies on Crunchyroll (On it they're named Garden of the Sinners). The 5th movie is easily a 10/10 and is one of my personal favorite movies of all time, I couldn't recommend it enough and majority of people who have seen the movie all say the same thing. The movies are all animated by ufotable (The people who animated FSN/UBW, F/Zero, FSN/HF, etc.)

Also it has songs like this

Mystic_Eyes_v9.gif

Shiki_Rain_2.gif

Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of the Sinners really is something special