• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With My Smash Support, No Retreat - Dr. Eggman Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm actually doubtful that Eggman will be one of our last two, though I don't think his chances are too bad. I see him as the next Ridley/K Rool, though. Popular villain, at least he's starting to gain popularity and hopefully we can keep the momentum up! Hopefully, he'll be a big enough request by the next game that they add him, and I'd imagine they'd want to continue the trend of adding series' villains as well.
Yeah, that's a safe bet. Plus with the recent staff shake-up at SoA and SoJ, it should be theoretically easier to negotiate for Sonic stuff in Smash, in the long run.

D

Deleted member

Classic Mode: I Am the Eggman
1. :ultsquirtle:
2. :ultduckhunt:
Ally: Metal :ultsquirtle:
3. :ultisabelle:
Ally: Metal :ultduckhunt:
4. :ultdk:, :ultdiddy:
Ally: Metal :ultisabelle:
5. :ultfalco:
Ally: Metal :ultdk:, Metal :ultdiddy:
6. :ultsonic:
Ally: Metal :ultfalco:
Bonus Stage
Final: Galleom
Ally: Metal :ultsonic:

References:
1-6: Referencing how Eggman often use the Animal Buddies as a source for the Badniks.
Final: An obvious reference to Metal Sonic with an ally Sonic equipped with the Metal Box.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Bonus Stage

References:
1-6: Referencing how Eggman often use the Animal Buddies as a source for the Badniks.
Final: No references to anything other than Dr. Eggman's relation with robots.
I love this. I really do.

Alternate final battle idea.
VS Master and Crazy hand.
Ally [Metal] Sonic.

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
You know, I've been thinking about lately how we all know that the talk about, who's deserving and who's not in Smash can be pretty exhausting for everybody and it's pretty reasonable that not every popular or iconic character will join in (the most popular examples I can think of is another popular 90s mascot like Crash or an FPS icon like Doomguy or Master Chief).
But after Sephiroth's inclusion... our good doctor really feels like the only character that is missing from the roster.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
You know, I've been thinking about lately how we all know that the talk about, who's deserving and who's not in Smash can be pretty exhausting for everybody and it's pretty reasonable that not every popular or iconic character will join in (the most popular examples I can think of is another popular 90s mascot like Crash or an FPS icon like Doomguy or Master Chief).
But after Sephiroth's inclusion... our good doctor really feels like the only character that is missing from the roster.
I'd argue Dixie Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Tails, and Shadow feel missing as well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd argue Dixie Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Tails, and Shadow feel missing as well.
Chun-Li, M. Bison, Knuckles, Toad, Pig Ganon and Waluigi as well.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Is there any way of implementing Doctor Eggman's most strongly associated vehicles (other than and together with the eggmobile) in one moveset without the moveset seeming contrived? I know the consensus is generally that he should predominantly use the eggmobile, but I cannot stop thinking about how much is 'missing' (e.g. Egg Hawk) by using it exclusively.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Bonus Stage

References:
Final: No references to anything other than Dr. Eggman's relation with robots.
Honestly, I'd change the final battle to Eggman and Metal Sonic (heh) against Sonic with Sudden Final Smash.
Bowser's final battle was Metal Mario, so it doesn't HAVE to be a boss fight.

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
I get what do you mean, but I was mostly talking about how Eggman is the only super iconic villain that still isn't in the roster so he feels "more" missing than the others.
Although yeah Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and probably Impa as Zelda rep do feel like they're overdue especially that Dixie and Impa could be easly made as an Echo Fighters.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Is there any way of implementing Doctor Eggman's most strongly associated vehicles (other than and together with the eggmobile) in one moveset without the moveset seeming contrived? I know the consensus is generally that he should predominantly use the eggmobile, but I cannot stop thinking about how much is 'missing' (e.g. Egg Hawk) by using it exclusively.
That is fair, however I feel there are workarounds to using his mechs in the Eggmobile. One of those mechs (like the Egg Dragoon or aforementioned Egg Hawk) would attach itself onto Eggman's vehicle for a singular attack, and then detach itself and disappear. Same goes for smaller stuff like the drill car from Sonic 2.
Might look weird, but I still think this is the best way to implement Eggman.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Him, Phoenix Wright, and Crash Bandicoot honestly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I get what do you mean, but I was mostly talking about how Eggman is the only super iconic villain that still isn't in the roster so he feels "more" missing than the others.
Although yeah Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and probably Impa as Zelda rep do feel like they're overdue especially that Dixie and Impa could be easly made as an Echo Fighters.
While M. Bison isn't as iconic as Eggman, I do believe he's right behind in terms of which iconic villain should come next. A lot of people sleep on Bison probably because Chun-Li still isn't in yet.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Bowser sure has a lot more to his character as a villain than breathing fire and being a heavy turtle.

If he exclusively took from the classic Sonic games for his moveset, which he probably would, he would still have 10x more than most characters.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Bowser sure has a lot more to his character as a villain than breathing fire and being a heavy turtle.

If he exclusively took from the classic Sonic games for his moveset, which he probably would, he would still have 10x more than most characters.
I know that could be argued for some characters, but while a moveset is not crystallized to something in reality; while it is still cradled in the imagination, I like to get the utmost representation of canon and character out of what can be envisioned for potential newcomers, even if those hopes seem unrealistic or unfairly specific.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I support Dr. Eggman for Smash! He'd need his own stage with music associated with Robotnik himself! And his robots. Both originals and new remixes. I think some nice picks would be the Sonic 2 Boss Theme, Death Egg Robot (Sonic 2), Boss Theme (Sonic CD JP/EU), Stardust Speedway Bad Future (JP/EU), Final Fever (Sonic CD), Major Boss Theme (Sonic 3 & Knuckles), Big Arms (Sonic 3 & Knuckles), Dr. Eggman Theme (Sonic Adventure 1), Egg Carrier (Sonic Adventure 1), Sky Deck (Sonic Adventure 1) Mechanical Resonance (Sonic Adventure 1), E.G.G.M.A.N. (Sonic Adventure 2), Ruby Delusions, Havoc Prognosis, Hi-Spec Robo Go, Ruby Illusions, Egg Reverie, and many others. What do you guys think?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
NOW SEGA's confirmed for E3 2021.

Btw, I made a Spirit Board for Eggman.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eggman's day is up on the Character Exploration Thread. Come down here and discuss!

GolisoPower

Smash Master

We did it bois.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
TKOWL made a concept for a Chemical Plant Zone stage. And Eggman's in the picture!

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
Well, by the end of next tuesday tops, we'll know once and for all if the good doc will finally be showing up or not. Always been a fan of the character, and would enjoy seeing what Sakurai would do to make him unique/stand out in a playable form.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Sonic 30th Spirit Event

Interetingly, Eggman isn't on this thumbnail. But then again, a lot of Sonic characters aren't.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
TKOWL made a concept for a Chemical Plant Zone stage. And Eggman's in the picture!
I made a Chemical Plant Zone stage in Stage Builder that managed to get to the number one slot twice. Someone made a video showing my stage off:

Here’s the code if anyone is interested in trying it themselves: GPVX9RTO

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Call me crazy, but recently I've been linking the Deadly Six (and Eggman) to the Seven Deadly Sins in Lost World.
  • Zavok = pride / ego
  • Zazz = wrath
  • Zomom = gluttony
  • Master Zik = sloth
  • Zeena = lust
  • Zor = envy (kinda?)
  • Eggman = greed
It makes me only wish Lost World didn't have such God-awful writing.
If Eggman gets in, the Deadly Six could be some easy spirits for his board, as it'd no doubt focus on Sonic Villains.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So for Sonic's thirtieth anniversary Spirit Board, the ones chosen seem...odd, I guess? Don't get me wrong, they're all great additions...but some notable exclusions. Where's Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles-core sereis characters that are top tier in terms of importance and popularity? Most glaring omission though, was EGGMAN. Like, it's his anniversary too guys!
Very sus, Nintendo. Very sus indeed.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So for Sonic's thirtieth anniversary Spirit Board, the ones chosen seem...odd, I guess? Don't get me wrong, they're all great additions...but some notable exclusions. Where's Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles-core sereis characters that are top tier in terms of importance and popularity? Most glaring omission though, was EGGMAN. Like, it's his anniversary too guys!
Insane what-if that has absolutely no weight to it but would be cool if it happened - what if Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and Shadow are released as a 4 for the price of 1, rounding out the roster at 85?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually as much as I would love for the absence of their spirits to be hinting towards something, there are good reasons why All 4 of them are missing

-Tails is mainly a summonable spirit, or a WOL exclusive spirit, since the only way to fight him on Spirit board is to obtain him once, These aren't featured in Spirit events

-Eggman is a WOL Exclusive spirit, which have never made appearances in Spirit events

-Shadow is a Spirit board only Spirit. while these have made appearances in events (as Wario-Man, who's Spirit board exclusive, headlined an event) they tend to not make frequent appearances. Lyn for example missed the Fire Emblem Spirit events and she's Spirit board only

-Knuckles doesn't have a Spirit battle

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Actually as much as I would love for the absence of their spirits to be hinting towards something, there are good reasons why All 4 of them are missing

-Tails is mainly a summonable spirit, or a WOL exclusive spirit, since the only way to fight him on Spirit board is to obtain him once, These aren't featured in Spirit events

-Eggman is a WOL Exclusive spirit, which have never made appearances in Spirit events

-Shadow is a Spirit board only Spirit. while these have made appearances in events (as Wario-Man, who's Spirit board exclusive, headlined an event) they tend to not make frequent appearances. Lyn for example missed the Fire Emblem Spirit events and she's Spirit board only

-Knuckles doesn't have a Spirit battle
You are probably correct on those.
I still can’t help but find the four omissions baffling, but I guess that’s just kinda how it happened.

Top Bottom