• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With My Smash Support, No Retreat - Dr. Eggman Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What's bad about Man of Action? I'm only familiar with them from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and even then, it was only a few episodes. (one of the episodes that they wrote was probably the worst in the series, since it was basically just retelling the first Thor movie, but the other ones were all right)
Quality-wise, it's a bit of an inconsistent track record. As far as I know, the original Ben 10 is liked, but its follow-ups are divisive to various degrees. Meanwhile, Mega Man: Fully Charged is only slightly more faithful to the games than the Ruby-Spears show and somehow managed to lack Dr. Wily.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
and somehow managed to lack Dr. Wily.

They sorta had him. Granted, he's a good guy and Mega Man's age. But maybe if the show didn't get cancelled, he would've had a villainous transformation arc. That would've been neat.
EDIT: Looked him up on the Wikia, apparently there was a comic that said he was just Wily's grandson? My bad.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About Roger Craig Smith leaving as Sonic's voice actor, that made me think. From my observation, I see Sonic games in terms of different eras depending on the voice actor of that era. They are...

Ryan Drummond Era: Lightheartedness and some coolness and some seriousness.

Jason Griffith Era: Mostly seriousness.

Roger Craig Smith Era with Pontac writing in it: Mostly lighthearted, with some seriousness in Lost World and not much focus on story in some parts.

That is just my point of view, but if this is anything to go by, I would like to see what the next era with the next Sonic voice actor will bring for Sonic.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, based on the writers leaving, all new voice actors (except Pollock though, he's epic like that), and the seemingly more serious tone of the Netflix show, and some choice words Tyson Hesse and Arron Webber had to say about Classic Sonic and Green Hill Zone respectively, it's pretty safe to assume this is gonna be a new era that, at the very least, will be more unique than the Colors era.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, but what about the other 3?
Like I said, it wouldn't work due to the height difference or design wise since it's a completely different version of the character. Imagine King Koopa from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show being a alt for Bowser. Can you imagine that? I can't.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The other incarnations may not work as alts, but maybe Eggman could have colors based on those alts, and some slight costume changes. Having white buttons on his belly and triangular yellow pieces of clothing on his torso below his head to look like Classic Eggman without being changed that much to look like that character, for example, while keeping his modern goggles.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
An artist on Twitter drew some alt ideas for Eggman:
They also did some for Sonic and PAC-MAN:

Perkilator

Smash Legend

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Eggman would definitely be a good choice for Smash. He has dozens of boss fights and machines to take inspiration from for his moveset, a la how Piranha Plant takes moves from different sub-species. Plus, he'd round out the "classic video game villain" lineup with Sephiroth, Bowser, and Ganon.

Also, more Sonic music and remixes. That reason alone should warrant support for him.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Mike Pollock clarified that he can neither confirm nor deny if Eggman’s in Smash.
Now, don’t jump to conclusions like “HOLY **** EGGMAN CONFIRMED” or “sorry, guys, no Eggman : (“; as a VA, Mike is under NDA and sticks to it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sometimes, I wonder if these companies made a deal with Nintendo to have two reps in the DLC lineup. Sounds farfetched and it is, but we got 2 Microsoft reps, 2 Square-Enix reps and 3 Nintendo reps in the DLC lineup thus far. It could be possible the next 2 fighters are from Sega and SNK as every other company from Fighter's Pass 1 has had another newcomer in Fighter's Pass 2 except Sega and SNK. If that happens, it might be Eggman time folks and what better place to reveal the good doctor than at the biggest stage of them all E3.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Eggman just got revealed for Speed Battle:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Sometimes, I wonder if these companies made a deal with Nintendo to have two reps in the DLC lineup. Sounds farfetched and it is, but we got 2 Microsoft reps, 2 Square-Enix reps and 3 Nintendo reps in the DLC lineup thus far. It could be possible the next 2 fighters are from Sega and SNK as every other company from Fighter's Pass 1 has had another newcomer in Fighter's Pass 2 except Sega and SNK. If that happens, it might be Eggman time folks and what better place to reveal the good doctor than at the biggest stage of them all E3.
I kinda feel like they have to include "I've come to make an announcement!" if he's revealed at E3. Of course, they're not going to follow that up with the rest of the lines from the fandub. Just kinda feel like that part needs to be there :grin:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kinda feel like they have to include "I've come to make an announcement!" if he's revealed at E3. Of course, they're not going to follow that up with the rest of the lines from the fandub. Just kinda feel like that part needs to be there :grin:
Indeed. But I'm sure if not, Sakurai will come up with something good for Eggman's trailer.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Based on this video I feel it's kinda 50/50 whether they'll reference it.
On one hand, it makes complete sense for Eggman to say something like that.
On the other hand-it's a direct reference to a profanity-filled fanwork. I'm sure Mike and Sonic Team wouldn't mind, but Nintendo and Sega probably would.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Based on this video I feel it's kinda 50/50 whether they'll reference it.
On one hand, it makes complete sense for Eggman to say something like that.
On the other hand-it's a direct reference to a profanity-filled fanwork. I'm sure Mike and Sonic Team wouldn't mind, but Nintendo and Sega probably would.
Maybe if he were revealed at E3, the could do something more along the lines of the original scene?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CITIZENS OF SMASH, LEND ME YOUR EARS AND LISTEN TO ME VERY CAREFULLY

I think regardless of whether they reference the fandub or not, he'll have a bombastic entrance!
I mean, referencing the original unaltered scene is what I think they'd do. That's squeaky-clean.

Eggman: Hah, hah, hah! Citizens of earth, lend me your ears and listen to me very carefully! My name is Dr. Eggman, the world's greatest scientist, and soon to be the world's greatest ruler! Now, witness the beginning of the greatest empire of all time!
I really do think he's going to be one of the last two for Fighter's Pass 2
Pretty risky to think that with nothing to go on from except an anniversary, but I respect this nonetheless.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm actually doubtful that Eggman will be one of our last two, though I don't think his chances are too bad. I see him as the next Ridley/K Rool, though. Popular villain, at least he's starting to gain popularity and hopefully we can keep the momentum up! Hopefully, he'll be a big enough request by the next game that they add him, and I'd imagine they'd want to continue the trend of adding series' villains as well.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I think eggman would expose smash to more than just gamers after the sonic movie. What if they used Jim Carrey in the trailer to promote smash.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Delzethin did his take on what Eggman's moveset could be.

Thoughts?
A very solid take, and I'm glad he's bringing some more attention to Eggman. Strongly disagree that Eggmobile Eggman would be too similar to Bower Jr, though. We can have two characters in a circular kart in our 80+ roster game.

Top Bottom