• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With My Smash Support, No Retreat - Dr. Eggman Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Death Egg Zone from S3&K is my first pick.

Particularly where you have the last few battles.
I know many people like competitive friendly stages, but I would love the invert gravity mechanic.

It could consist of one of the zone's badniks running over the green switch, in the background, which inverts it, and on his second loop, he'll put it back to normal.

Now the stage layout could have it be a small battlefield like stage. And 3 platforms above (so like half Lylat above Small Battlefield.)

This way the stage is designed to fight upside down as well, however it'd be a lot more dangerous with inverted gravity as there would be no hard floor to land on, you only rely on the 3 platforms.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm loving all the stage ideas I see people come up with for this character. I'm a pretty big fan of Eggmanland myself.

I'd just be really happy to have a Sonic stage that isn't Green Hill Zone and Less Cool Green Hill Zone.
I can't understate the fact that we finally got a second third-party stage that isn't a starting stage or :ultpacman:'s stuff. The final area of a game, no less. Smash staff be like:

Sure, there was the Wily Castle, but that's a special case (albeit :ultmegaman:'s only stage, but you get the picture).

In case we get Tails instead though, it'd be nice to have Chemical Plant Zone. It's iconic enough of an area for Sonic 2 that it showed up in at least two anniversary games.

Last edited:

Doctor Marc

Smash Rookie
Put me on the Support list :)
I've wanted Eggman in Smash since Brawl

I’m curious to what Dr. Eggman’s spirit board would be. The sonic series already has a huge amount of character spirts in the game.

My personal thought would be if they make Eggman “classic”eggman, his spirit board could be all Classic Sonic stuff.
Orbot & Cubot
Classic Eggman
Eggman Nega
Deadly Six
Hard Boiled Heavies
Eggmobile

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Orbot & Cubot
Classic Eggman
Eggman Nega
Deadly Six
Hard Boiled Heavies
Eggmobile
Just so you know, while not trying to mini mod; since this is your second post, I should tell you that you can't double post like you just did. It's against the rules. I am saying this as a fellow member of this forum rather than trying to mod.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I see all these spirits and everybody forgetting Emerl from Sonic Battle. Easy legendary spirit.
emerl.png
His thing is even copying the abilities of others, Mega Man is the perfect stand-in!

Alternatively: Ace Emerl that can be enhanced into Legendary G-merl from Sonic Advance 3.
gmerl.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, how great would it be to have Bowser, Ganon, Sephiroth and Eggman all playable in the same game!!
Eggman's inclusion would truly make Snash Ultimate feel like the Ultimate crossover as we would have pretty much gaming's top 5 most iconic villains in the roster. I would also add M. Bison to that legendary rogues' gallery as well.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Here's something interesting that was brought to my attention by PapaGenos

If this is true, there should be some sort of Sega rep in this pass.

Also, can I be added to the supporter's list?
That would be cool. And if Sephiroth is any indication, it could mean both Eggman and Raiden are coming. And both would be great picks.
I sadly don't think it does as rumors suggest Crash and Hayabusa are coming. But you never know.

7NATOR

Smash Master

Also, can I be added to the supporters list?
Regarding that Theory

I don't expect Konami since Bomberman is a Premium Costume, Plus also Alot of the 3rd party characters did appear in WOL

I will say that Sega and Capcom currently have not had any Content in Fighter Pass 2. We've Seen Content from Nintendo, Microsoft, Square, Konami, and Namco(I Also don't expect SNK to get anything this pass).

Capcom still has the Monster Hunter Costumes that are left to return, but Sega does not have any Veteran costumes left. yes

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Also, can I be added to the supporters list?
Already said this in the Geno thread but I'll say it again, this is like when Nintendo hosted a tournament for characters with hats and people thought it deconfirmed Geno. I don't think it holds up that much weight as a theory.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I can't see no more than one extra unique fighter from a third-party that already has one in FP2.
Well, I heard from xenother xenother that he heard from his source that they heard a rumor that they were working on Chun-Li during base game but scrapped her due to not finding a satisfying moveset in time. If this is true, I think Chun-Li could be likely as DLC. Also, I think this was the guy that also heard the rumor that Square-Enix wanted Cloud to be DLC again and "Everyone Is Here!" almost didn't happen.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's a nice rumor!
If that's the case then well a second Sonic character from SEGA would be fantastic.

From Konami, we could get Bill Rizer.

And from Capcom, I'm still betting on Monster Hunter.

Also, absolutely, a Emerl spirit is a must.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we're talking Konami, I could see them include one of the Hudson mascots (that aren't Bomberman) to balance things out.

Slightly back on subject, but I am tickled by the idea of Nagoshi doing a Sonic game at some point. I guess it'd be like a mix of Sonic Adventure and Sonic the Fighters. Also, Eggman Everywhere System.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
In case we get Tails instead though, it'd be nice to have Chemical Plant Zone. It's iconic enough of an area for Sonic 2 that it showed up in at least two anniversary games.
And we'd get the song! It still bothers me that Chemical Plant Zone, the song, isn't in Smash. It's my favorite classic Sonic song, and just seems like such an odd exclusion...

If Eggman makes it in, I'll feel slightly disappointed if Sakurai doesn't begin the presentation with "I've come to make an announcement". He doesn't have to say the rest, because it's not for good boys and girls. Just those six words :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And we'd get the song! It still bothers me that Chemical Plant Zone, the song, isn't in Smash. It's my favorite classic Sonic song, and just seems like such an odd exclusion...

If Eggman makes it in, I'll feel slightly disappointed if Sakurai doesn't begin the presentation with "I've come to make an announcement". He doesn't have to say the rest, because it's not for good boys and girls. Just those six words :laugh:
Can't do much when two of Sonic's early soundtracks were done by a J-pop singer. 🤷‍♂️

That would be fun though. Also, me if Eggman ever gets announced:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I support the egg dude for Smash.

Also fun fact, Teddy Roosevelt was the main inspiration for Eggman himself.
View attachment 295921
View attachment 295923
He was originally a good guy and starred in his own game before the evil doctor we know and love.
So Eggman existed before Sonic and he was originally a good guy? I never knew this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sure enough, licensing for songs is tricky, so it really does look like the only way to get any more :ultsonic: content is to lobby for the characters.

So Eggman existed before Sonic and he was originally a good guy? I never knew this.
I knew of this way before it was brought up. The silly part is him running around in jammies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sure enough, licensing for songs is tricky, so it really does look like the only way to get any more :ultsonic: content is to lobby for the characters.

I knew of this way before it was brought up. The silly part is him running around in jammies.
There's another of him with bee stripes:
Sonic_Gems_300.jpg

This was before Sonic was made.
(See that woman, she was gonna be his girlfriend.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Imagine if for the Sakurai presents: Eggman, the doctor himself takes over, and he does the presentation himself.
Would be kind of cool and pretty in-character.

Also, I'm fantasizing that if Eggman is revealed, Sakurai (or in this case Eggman) pulls a Lock-On and includes a Metal Sonic echo fighter at the end.
(All I want from him is Nair like Mewtwo and Charizard'd Side B)

As for Eggman, he has to have Lock-On missiles.
And for grabs, I would really like for him to grow the Big Arms, and Up Throw be Kirby style.

And if they could give him a Badnik to unleash for a special, that'd be sweet.
Motorbug, Orbinaut, etc

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if for the Sakurai presents: Eggman, the doctor himself takes over, and he does the presentation himself.
Would be kind of cool and pretty in-character.

Also, I'm fantasizing that if Eggman is revealed, Sakurai (or in this case Eggman) pulls a Lock-On and includes a Metal Sonic echo fighter at the end.
(All I want from him is Nair like Mewtwo and Charizard'd Side B)

As for Eggman, he has to have Lock-On missiles.
And for grabs, I would really like for him to grow the Big Arms, and Up Throw be Kirby style.

And if they could give him a Badnik to unleash for a special, that'd be sweet.
Motorbug, Orbinaut, etc
Eggman drop on Sakurai like:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Eggman drop on Sakurai like:

LMAO.
Can't believe I still haven't watched this movie.
Jim always brings a smile to my face.

But yeah, something like that would be histerical.

"Oh what's that? You had something else in mind?
Well too bad! Here's MY next batch of Mii Costumes!"

• Blaze (Gunner)
  • Shadow (Brawler)
  • Amy (Swordfighter)
  • Kiryuu (Brawler)
  • Sakura (Swordfighter)

"Ho ho ho ho ho! And here's all the music you need"

• E.G.G.M.A.N
  • E.G.G.M.A.N Remix
  • Eggman's theme (Unleashed)
  • Robot Storm (Sonic Heroes)

"Have a nice day, fools!"

Transmission ends with Eggman empire logo.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well I never considered him before, but if Sephiroth can get it then Eggman definitely has a shot. My only question is how would the mechs work? Eggman is already pretty tall himself. Surely he would tower over the likes of Ridley and K Rool in an actual mech in smash bros. I'm sure there's a way it could work, I'm just wondering what that is. Do y'all have any good ideas about it?

Top Bottom