• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With My Smash Support, No Retreat - Dr. Eggman Thread

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I
How would you guys feel if Eggman was an Echo Character of Bowser Jr. , with the Clown Copter being replaced with the Egg Typhoon.

He would be a heavier version of Bowser Jr. with some obviously overhauled animations.
I guess it's possible, but I think Dr. E. has more than enough in his arsenal to stand on his own. Besides, it almost seems blasphemous to not incorporate his iconic swinging ball in somehow.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I can think of three different entire moveset of Eggman based on him being in his Egg-mobile, outside of his mechs, and just a modern take of his mech from Sonic the Fighters. I'd also personally finally love to actually get Bowser and Dr. Eggman fight Mario and Sonic, and with Eight player smash, we can get a battle of classic heroes and villains with a fight between Eggman, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley fighting against Sonic, Mario, Link, and Samus.

Dr. Eggman has the Master Plan! So sign me up as a supporter of our favorite video game scientist.

D

Deleted member

We need more villains in Smash and this would be a perfect fit.

I am the EGGMAN
That's what I am
I am the EGGMAN
I got the master plan

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel if Eggman was an Echo Character of Bowser Jr. , with the Clown Copter being replaced with the Egg Typhoon.

He would be a heavier version of Bowser Jr. with some obviously overhauled animations.
I honestly don't think Sakurai would make an Echo character from a fighter of a different series anymore. That seems more like a Melee thing.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I think my top three choices for sonic newcomers are....

1. Shadow
2. Eggman
3. Dr.Eggman

Do you guys think Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and Dr.Eggman are too many sonic reps? Sonic the main star. Tails is the Luigi, Eggman is the Villain (we need more villains) and Shadow is the big popular character.

What are your thoughts on having 4 sonic reps?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think my top three choices for sonic newcomers are....

1. Shadow
2. Eggman
3. Dr.Eggman

Do you guys think Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and Dr.Eggman are too many sonic reps? Sonic the main star. Tails is the Luigi, Eggman is the Villain (we need more villains) and Shadow is the big popular character.

What are your thoughts on having 4 sonic reps?
4 is pushing it, more than 2 even is in my opinion...

Eggman is definitely my first choice though. Love the dude.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
4 is pushing it, more than 2 even is in my opinion...

Eggman is definitely my first choice though. Love the dude.

I know 4 is pushing it. Even two is with how strict the fandom can be. It is strange that Knuckles is an AT over tails. if shadow got bumped up to a playable character.

Maybe Dr. Eggman can be a boss in boss battle. That would be cool to see.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Eggman's my number one pick for a Sonic newcomer. We need more villains and a third party villain would honestly be pretty cool. Imagine the matchups!

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Eggman's my number one pick for a Sonic newcomer. We need more villains and a third party villain would honestly be pretty cool. Imagine the matchups!
I really wanted Eggman also! But when brawl came out I remember how many shadow mod gameplays I use to watch so Shadow is such a must for me. I wish we could have them both.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never wanted him in until I saw this thread. Thank you for changing my mind. I'm planning on getting Sonic Forces for my PS4. I support!

D

Deleted member

Never wanted him in until I saw this thread. Thank you for changing my mind. I'm planning on getting Sonic Forces for my PS4. I support!
If you plan on getting a recent Sonic game, I'd recommend Mania Plus over Forces.
Forces isn't a great game

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I don't think Eggman would be a clone of Bowser Jr. Thematically they might be a little similar, but I picture Eggman to use more deadly and robotic-themed weaponry over cartoony stuff like boxing gloves and giant forks.

Among his weapons I can think of:
-Drills
-Laser beams
-Guided missiles
-Sawblades
-Spikes
-Bombs
-Metal fists
-Electric traps
-Incendiary grenades
-Jet boosters
-Flamethrowers
-Minions (Orbinaut, Caterkiller, etc.)

There are decades worth of Egg-o-matic transformations for him to draw inspiration from, and while I understand Bowser Jr. uses a couple of the weapons from this list, I imagine his usage of them are more juvenile in nature while Eggman's usage of weapons would be more cold and menacing.

For his Final Smash, I think the Death Egg Robot is more than adequate, possibly functioning like Giga Bowser in a more direct fashion.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Figured I should come forward while I'm here and announce myself as a quiet supporter of Dr. Eggman.

While I'd much rather have Tails and Shadow, Eggman is still great and iconic, and I wouldn't complain if he got in. :)

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Support +1
Out of all the Sonic characters, I think Dr. Eggman is the best choice for the next character, it is always nice to see more villains thrown in the game. While most people would want Shadow as the next Sonic rep, I personally want Eggman a bit more. Shadow would be cool, but I Eggman should be included as well.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If there's one 3rd party who deserves a unique addition, it's Sonic. Not only because he's the only 3rd party to show up in every Smash game since his debut, but he defined himself as Mario's rival. And with how much Ultimate is seemingly leaning on heroes vs villains, I feel Eggman is one of the few remaining major villains still missing in this game. It's a long shot, but Sakurai's broken my ankles so far, I don't see why he wouldn't break them even more as is. I definitely support him.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Count me in as support! Whether it's Tails or Eggman, I think Sonic deserves some love once DLC starts hitting development (Although obviously I wouldn't mind him at base roster; unlikely as that may be)

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I think Eggman would be an amazing addition to Super Smash Bros and while I don't have much to add to this convo, I just want to give my support

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Imagine a double reveal of Dr. Eggman and Dr. Willy. That would be amazing. All the iconic villains would then be in, correct?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I want to give my support. Eggman is my second most wanted Sonic character (Knuckles being my first, sadly deconfirmed and Shadow as third as either original or echo.) I want in Ultimate.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eggman shouldn't be an echo of Bowser Jr. It would be insulting to his longer history with the mech fighter concept. With Knuckles de-confirmed, Eggman is the LAST Sonic rep I believe rightfully deserve a spot on the Smash roster and I'm interested in what he can bring.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I thought I had pledge my support earlier. Either way, he is charismatic and blows most villains away with his personality.
Also one of my all-time favourite Sonic characters. I'm down for the Eggman.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Richter has opened the door for more than one character from a 3rd party franchise, even if it is an echo. With the villain theme we have going and Shadow starting to look very likely, this could be the good doctor's time (or Smash 6 if we're being reasonable).

Importance wise, it's hard to contest he's not the most important character besides Sonic. Knuckles is reduced to background roles in the vast majority of games, and Shadow came in way too late to compare to the others and is gone from lots of games. The only character who really competes whatsoever is Tails, but I think most can agree that on importance, Eggman trumps him.

Popularity wise it's rare to see Eggman ever beat many characters mostly because he's a human and is ugly. I am 99% sure that is the main reason. That is his main obstacle. Still, people who like Eggman are a pretty specific, concentrated demographic, whereas people who like the other characters are more likely to split their opinions between them.

Thani

Smash Cadet
As cool as Eggman would be to have playable in Smash, I see it as more likely that he could end up as a boss fight in that secretive story mode, along the likes of Rathalos, Dracula, and who knows what else.

I have to say, I kind of wonder how that could be, whether they just make use of the iconic Death Egg Robo, or come up with an entirely new machine to use as a boss for Smash.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Count me in a supporter. Dr. Eggman is my most wanted Sonic newcomer and I believe Sonic is going to have at least one newcomer thanks to Richter getting in too. Shadow seems to be a popular choice since he makes sense as an echo for Sonic. I'd be ok whether Tails or Shadow gets in first, but my preferred choice is the genius himself.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I really would love this theme in the game, in general, wether he is part of the game or not!
It's still pretty catchy, and if he did, this must also be part of his jingle.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I really would love this theme in the game, in general, wether he is part of the game or not!
It's still pretty catchy, and if he did, this must also be part of his jingle.

Ditto. I'd absolutely make a stage with it (provided Stage Builder returns).

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
I support the Eggman Empir- I mean, the campaign to get Robotnik into smash.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think Sakurai would make an Echo character from a fighter of a different series anymore. That seems more like a Melee thing.
Oh god why did I even say this. I've completely 180'd on this and think/hope sakurai makes echoes of characters from differing series. That being said, I don't think Eggman/robotnik would work as a BJ echo due to being so extremely different from him in size and shape.

Top Bottom